[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Went to bed with only 2G enabled and an alarm set. The battery was then at 90% with 7.5 hours of uptime. After my mandatory 5 snoozes I looked at my phone and it's still at 90%, now 16 hours since disconnect.

I would call that a good sign. I'll se how long I can max out my phone with normal usage of a couple of phone, a few minutes of gaming, some 3G syncing etc.

Battery Monitor tells me I have went from 90% to 84% when calculating by voltage drop.

Edited by zapher

If I boot the phone when I have 20% battery remaining it shows that there's be 30% remaining after reboot. A friend of mine complained about the same thing.

I installed the rom with full battery and wall charger on.

Anyone else having similar problem?

If I boot the phone when I have 20% battery remaining it shows that there's be 30% remaining after reboot. A friend of mine complained about the same thing.

I installed the rom with full battery and wall charger on.

Anyone else having similar problem?

I have noticed that sometimes battery seems to have gone up when I've left it switched off overnight, also I think that there is a slight difference in battery performance over the stock ROM I was using previously. I think part of it is psychological though since you can see the battery count down in figures as opposed to the previous battery icon.

Guest whatcolour

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the general UI speed is slower in JJ than any other Froyo ROM, regardless of the use of HW ACC? Otherwise a PERFECT ROM.

Edited by whatcolour

Guest fox2000
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the general UI speed is slower in JJ than any other Froyo ROM, regardless of the use of HW ACC? Otherwise a PERFECT ROM.

+1

UI lacks a bit in smoothness when scrolling, regardless of HW Accel

Guest extremedigital

ok so i am running Jellyfish RLS6 and have enabled all the add-ons...

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6_gps_fix.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6_hw_ui.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6_ahb_overclocked.zip

TrueGingerbread-circlebattery-JJRLS3.zip

My finding so far is that this is a great rom as usual.

However i am still having issues with a slower than normal pickup on the gps in Google Navigation...

Also noticed that i also have the same problem reported by a few people of full signal bar all the time (this makes it impossible to tell your true signal)

I have no preference on the alarm clock as i use Alarm Clock Plus V2 from the market much better than the stock version

As for battery this is a difficult one as i my phone gets used during the day so giving battery consumption at nightime is not applicable for me LOL

My phone is always on charge overnight and so it is real day use that matters, also whilst i totally understand switching off wifi, when not needed ie when outside your house, also bluetooth and gps, i never switch off 3G or sync otherwise how your emails and messages that depend on internet data going to come through, Oh and my screen is set to allows be on max brightness .... :P Well i got the phone because of the great screen so i see no reason to switch down the brightness level

For starters once my youngest daughter get on my phone she is straight on youtube watching her videos... :D

I do find in real use this rom even RLS6 chews the battery at an alarming rate however for now i can live with it i suppose that is the price you pay for performance...But if KK can find a way of making it better that would be great.

However must admit the phone has never had the chance to be fully charged so i can do the Battery Recalibration trick i will repost back after i have done that as that did help alot previously

Edited by extremedigital

Guest achoice

First flash ever yesterday. RLS6 using 2.5.1.8 - no problems.

No overclock or HW acc done; Quadrant: 434, a bit disappointing..

Signal strength (almost) always full.

Battery cons.: OK/good.

Will pay-pal donate KK as token of thanx, he deserves some reward for all hard work.

Keep good work up all!

Guest kallt_kaffe

Install VM Heap tool from Market and try increasing the VM Heap size. I usually increase it to 32Mb in my ROMs but since it can be easily changed with the VM Heap tool I've recently taken the habit to change it back to the default value of 24Mb.

Guest heavyduty00

thanks for the rom, froyo is so much faster and smoother then 2.1 LOL

anyway i have a few problems though...how can i get the stock messaging back? i like the black background and smallish font, i tried gosms and chompsms but their font is so big?

also love the fact you can use a number passcode but is it possible to make it so once i enter the correct passcode it automatically unlocks for me? so i dont have to press the 'ok'

and last thing..i really dislike the battery indicator at the notifications bar...how do i change it the stock battery where its just like a green bar etc

thanks

Edited by heavyduty00

Guest kallt_kaffe
No overclock or HW acc done; Quadrant: 434, a bit disappointing..

Well, with stock 2.1 you get something around 390 so just going to 2.2 seems to give a 10-15% Quadrant increase. In Linpack you'll see a much larger increase but Quadrant tests more things than just MFlops so the JIT in 2.2 won't have affect the scores as much as one might have hoped for.

Will pay-pal donate KK as token of thanx, he deserves some reward for all hard work.

Keep good work up all!

Thanks!

Guest kallt_kaffe
@Kallt - Did you get my PM?

Yes, I will have a look at it after RLS7 is done, perhaps as an addon? Been busy with other stuff, like getting the VPN and automatic time prefs back.

Guest whatcolour
Install VM Heap tool from Market and try increasing the VM Heap size. I usually increase it to 32Mb in my ROMs but since it can be easily changed with the VM Heap tool I've recently taken the habit to change it back to the default value of 24Mb.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried 32 and 48 in the past few days but still feels a bit sluggish (than FLB). Again, this is probably me being too picky :-)

Yes, I will have a look at it after RLS7 is done, perhaps as an addon? Been busy with other stuff, like getting the VPN and automatic time prefs back.

That's great. Any pointers you can give me to have a look at it myself? I wouldn't mind helping you out with some of this if you want?

Will that include the stock dialer? Or should I start hacking away myself to get FB sync?

Guest hydrophonic76

i have troubles with google maps. when searching streets, data connection brokes and i must restart phone to get it back. so google maps is unusable. rom is RLS6 and phone is austrian blade with 512ram. browser and other things works fine.

thx for your hard work.

second offtopic: why all the apps keeps open on android when i close it? they mess up the phone as hell. shazam is a real devil. starts up after i kill the process.

Guest targetbsp
second offtopic: why all the apps keeps open on android when i close it? they mess up the phone as hell. shazam is a real devil. starts up after i kill the process.

You're not meant to kill apps in Android. Google it or search this forum for why. However, if you get the app autostarts, you can stop stuff loading in the first place until you need it.

Battery life at idle is definitely better than any ROM I've used so far.

Are you using a primary cell network supplier such as O2, T-Mobile and so on, or a virtual network like giffgaff, Tesco, Virgin and so on.

I'm on giffgaff and there definitely seems to be something funky going on to do with cell reception on JJ6. For starters the giffgaff network is identified and reported as being O2 even though the giffgaff APN is selected automatically and not the O2 one. Also, my standby life is absolutely not as good on JJ6 as on the stock ROM. Looking at some battery data my Cell Standby figure on JJ6 shows 50% of the time without signal. On the stock Orange ROM, but still with giffgaff and the phone in an identical location I get 0% without signal.

I also note that on the stock ROM the battery is being mostly consumed by Android (67%) and the two phone related drains on battery are each at 17% This is with the phone left on standby and only used periodically to check on the battery life. By comparison, on JJ6 the Android processes were banished from the battery display as being insignificant compared to the cell usage, for which the two phone related activities were each grabbing 50% of the battery life.

In other words it seems that there is really something wrong with the cell performance with a virtual phone network on vanilla JJ6 (no overclock, no acceleration, no patches) compared to the stock ROM. I'm certainly no phone tech, but could there be any reasonable explanation for this? Could this be why some people report dreadful battery life and others report improvements? Maybe it is more about the ROM's interaction with the phone networks rather than the Android side of the ROM?

Here are my current battery stats from stock Orange B05....

20110111_122249_1110_LR.jpg20110111_122303_1111_LR.jpg

I don't have equivalent screen shots from JJ6 but as I said above, Android was not showing up at all as a consumer of battery power and Cell Standby was reporting 50% of the time without signal. This seems to be a huge difference in behaviour and performance. JJ6 (vanilla) was also down to 76% battery over an even shorter period of time vs 95% battery with the stock ROM. If I was reading Spare Parts correctly it also seemed like the phone was not fully asleep for 50% of the time. Could that be tied in with the 50% of the time with no cell signal. Coincidence? I really don't know.

EDIT : I wasn't really happy with the figures above, and I suspect there is something not right with 3D Gallery, so I've dumped that (again). Having recharged the phone to 100% once more I am now still at 100% charge after 14:28 hours, with 2G data enabled on the stock ROM. That's much more like it. I'd be surprised if JJ6 could compete with and beat that figure with equivalent configuration of data, sync etc..

20110112_111326_1113_LR.jpg

Edited by tdodd

just installed this today,. all seems good, HOWEVER, the screen doesnt seem to turn off automatically.. I've tried a few different settings for the timings

Noticed same thing, but happens ONLY after charging ( no matter for how long ) and then disconecting the phone. Hadn't got time to investigate it any further yet.

Anyway changed y-day from Pauls MDC alpha 3 to JJ RLS6 and it's great - fast and stable, with clock @710MHZ.

Good work kk!

regards

Guest panteraz
Dudes this is stupid. How do you want to track down the problem if the majority only says: battery life sucks or battery life is perfect :D This ROM has several flavors. Please post if you have the image or the normal rom, if you have applied OC (if yes the parameters too) and HW_UI and so on. It would be a lot more helpful.

@JB, try that fix. It should work.

OK then lets go:

First of all I have a greek Blade with the patch for 512MB.

With stock rom battery lasts about 2 days.

With Modaco Alpha4 again 2 days (HW enabled by default)

With RLS4 and RLS6 (without any patch for OC) less than a day with nothing extra installed. If the phone is about 30-40% charged and leave it overnight tommorow morning it will be 0% and closed.

Also at RLS4 and RLS6 I can see the battery drain withoute doing nothing!

Both of times installed RLS4 and RLS6 with CWM 2.1.5.8 method.

I have problems with 3G connection - it is not working at all :-/ I have checked the settings + APN but everything seems correct. Does anybody has the sam problem? (I was using pauls ROM before and there was everything ok.)

Im using the latest RLS 6

Edited by mrhule

OK then lets go:

First of all I have a greek Blade with the patch for 512MB.

With stock rom battery lasts about 2 days.

With Modaco Alpha4 again 2 days (HW enabled by default)

With RLS4 and RLS6 (without any patch for OC) less than a day with nothing extra installed. If the phone is about 30-40% charged and leave it overnight tommorow morning it will be 0% and closed.

Also at RLS4 and RLS6 I can see the battery drain withoute doing nothing!

Both of times installed RLS4 and RLS6 with CWM 2.1.5.8 method.

What does Battery status report?

I have problems with 3G connection - it is not working at all :-/ I have checked the settings + APN but everything seems correct. Does anybody has the sam problem? (I was using pauls ROM before and there was everything ok.)

Im using the latest RLS 6

Finnish saunalahti phone? If it is have you installed that saunalahti fix?