[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Finnish saunalahti phone? If it is have you installed that saunalahti fix?

Sorry I havent seen the info anywhere, but how do I apply

1) the addons

2) the GPS fix

(running rls6)

Guest StevenHarperUK

1) the addons

2) the GPS fix

(running rls6)

They simply get applied like a normal ROM

Boot into Clockwork (volume Down-) while booting

Then choose install ZIP from SD, then choose zip

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Here are my current battery stats from stock Orange B05....

20110111_122249_1110_LR.jpg20110111_122303_1111_LR.jpg

I don't have equivalent screen shots from JJ6 but as I said above, Android was not showing up at all as a consumer of battery power and Cell Standby was reporting 50% of the time without signal. This seems to be a huge difference in behaviour and performance. JJ6 (vanilla) was also down to 76% battery over an even shorter period of time vs 95% battery with the stock ROM. If I was reading Spare Parts correctly it also seemed like the phone was not fully asleep for 50% of the time. Could that be tied in with the 50% of the time with no cell signal. Coincidence? I really don't know.

For me Battery stats are

Cell Standby 45%

Phone idle 44%

Android OS 2%

Android System 2%

Display 2%

Edited by NightSt@lk3r

Guest heavyduty00
thanks for the rom, froyo is so much faster and smoother then 2.1 LOL

anyway i have a few problems though...how can i get the stock messaging back? i like the black background and smallish font, i tried gosms and chompsms but their font is so big?

also love the fact you can use a number passcode but is it possible to make it so once i enter the correct passcode it automatically unlocks for me? so i dont have to press the 'ok'

and last thing..i really dislike the battery indicator at the notifications bar...how do i change it the stock battery where its just like a green bar etc

thanks

[*]Changed wifi scan interval from 15 to 180 seconds (saves battery).

Unfortunately this seems to break WIFI for me partially. With some access points, my WIFI just will not reconnect (Maybe it does after 180 seconds, but this is way too long). I changed the value back to 15 and it works fine.

Only problem I've found is the infuriating "connection not made" dialog which appears every time I'm on the phone, and needs to be closed multiple times - is there an option to stop it appearing?

Guest targetbsp

I also use Giffgaff and I'm one of those whose battery life is fine. It dropped 0% over night. Over the past 4 and a half hours it has dropped 3% - an hour of which it was used as an MP3 player while I wandered around town. So I don't think it's related to the network. This is with Wifi on - 3g off. I only enable 3g and data when needed.

Edited by targetbsp

For me Battery stats are

Cell Standby 45%

Phone idle 44%

Android OS 2%

Android System 2%

Display 2%

Yes. Mine were similar to that when I was on JJ6 except the Android bits and the display were so insignificant that no data was displayed for them at all. That's my whole point - JJ6 seems to gobble up juice for cell related stuff and the stock ROM doesn't.

I also use Giffgaff and I'm one of those whose battery life is fine. It dropped 0% over night. Over the past 4 and a half hours it has dropped 3% - an hour of which it was used as an MP3 player while I wandered around town. So I don't think it's related to the network. This is with Wifi on - 3g off. I only enable 3g and data when needed.

OK, but I take that to mean that you have not been using giffgaff for data during the period in question. I have 2G data enabled all the time. Maybe that is where there is an issue - with 2G or maybe 3G data connections on these virtual networks.

Guest IronDoc
Are you using a primary cell network supplier such as O2, T-Mobile and so on, or a virtual network like giffgaff, Tesco, Virgin and so on.

I'm on giffgaff and there definitely seems to be something funky going on to do with cell reception on JJ6. For starters the giffgaff network is identified and reported as being O2 even though the giffgaff APN is selected automatically and not the O2 one. Also, my standby life is absolutely not as good on JJ6 as on the stock ROM. Looking at some battery data my Cell Standby figure on JJ6 shows 50% of the time without signal. On the stock Orange ROM, but still with giffgaff and the phone in an identical location I get 0% without signal.

I also note that on the stock ROM the battery is being mostly consumed by Android (67%) and the two phone related drains on battery are each at 17% This is with the phone left on standby and only used periodically to check on the battery life. By comparison, on JJ6 the Android processes were banished from the battery display as being insignificant compared to the cell usage, for which the two phone related activities were each grabbing 50% of the battery life.

In other words it seems that there is really something wrong with the cell performance with a virtual phone network on vanilla JJ6 (no overclock, no acceleration, no patches) compared to the stock ROM. I'm certainly no phone tech, but could there be any reasonable explanation for this? Could this be why some people report dreadful battery life and others report improvements? Maybe it is more about the ROM's interaction with the phone networks rather than the Android side of the ROM?

I don't have equivalent screen shots from JJ6 but as I said above, Android was not showing up at all as a consumer of battery power and Cell Standby was reporting 50% of the time without signal. This seems to be a huge difference in behaviour and performance. JJ6 (vanilla) was also down to 76% battery over an even shorter period of time vs 95% battery with the stock ROM. If I was reading Spare Parts correctly it also seemed like the phone was not fully asleep for 50% of the time. Could that be tied in with the 50% of the time with no cell signal. Coincidence? I really don't know.

It's unrelated. The Japanese based froyos show the parent network. You're right about the sleep thing though. Dialler keeping using battery because of partial wake seems common to those having battery troubles. Though it's hard to tell with so many nebulous relpies.

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd

I'm also on Giff gaff and for various reasons went back to RLS3b, but I have 3G+ on permanently and battery is good.

eg charge to 100%, unplug and leave in standby overnight syncing gmail and receiving texts. Next morning usually still says 100%. I think stable 3G+ uses less power than 3g or gprs or at least searching, on the train for a few hours, you really notice when you swich between the different speeds, almost as if the slower the connection, the mre frustrated the CPU gets ;-) but still 2 hours on the train surfing and the battery was still around 90%. on the way back Angry birds took the battery down to 70%, but that's quite useful as a hand-warmer while waiting at the platform ;-)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Only problem I've found is the infuriating "connection not made" dialog which appears every time I'm on the phone, and needs to be closed multiple times - is there an option to stop it appearing?

I get this with RLS6 because there are two different APN settings that match my MCC/MNC (Telia & Halebop) and I need to go into mobile settings and choose the right APN and then it stops appearing. Also I beleive a setting that is still in the fixed gps.conf for RLS6 also can make this appear sometimes when using the GPS. In RLS7 gps.conf is back to exactly the same as pre RLS6 and I haven'thad this message appear. RLS7 will propably be out tomorrow or the day after that.

Guest punkmilitia
I get this with RLS6 because there are two different APN settings that match my MCC/MNC (Telia & Halebop) and I need to go into mobile settings and choose the right APN and then it stops appearing. Also I beleive a setting that is still in the fixed gps.conf for RLS6 also can make this appear sometimes when using the GPS. In RLS7 gps.conf is back to exactly the same as pre RLS6 and I haven'thad this message appear. RLS7 will propably be out tomorrow or the day after that.

Sorry for being a nuisance but i'm just trying to contribute some criticism, does r7 fix the problem with widget being placed lower than normal apps on home screen?

15660365.png

Sorry for the bad image quality. As you can see, the SMS & Gmail unread Count widgets are lower than all the apps, they weren't in r5 though, hope that helps,

Cyas and looking forward to r7 :D

Guest heavyduty00

how can i get the stock messaging back? i like the black background and smallish font, i tried gosms and chompsms but their font is so big?

also love the fact you can use a number passcode but is it possible to make it so once i enter the correct passcode it automatically unlocks for me? so i dont have to press the 'ok'

and last thing..i really dislike the battery indicator at the notifications bar...how do i change it the stock battery where its just like a green bar etc

thanks

1) the addons

2) the GPS fix

(running rls6)

You can get it to work without fix if you change from phone settings to allow data roaming...

Kallt, would you be able to integrate setCPU into your next build please?

Not sure he'd do that as it's not a "free" app as such. You either need to buy it, or become a member on the XDA forums, so I'd imagine he'd need to get permission off of coolbho3000 to do so.

I've tried when customizing roms myself to integrate it also, and unlike every other app that I have installed as standard it doesn't seem to wanna play ball until I overwrite it once the rom is flashed.

It seems to work until I change the frequency slider, then it just Force Closes on me.

Edit:- Off topic question for anyone who's willing to answer...

When you install an app, does the APK file simply get moved to the /data/app folder, or is there more to it? Generally when I'm integrating apps into a rom, I'll copy the APK file from the /data/app folder and move it into the zip file under the /system/app folder and this works fine. However, if I have the APK file downloaded from a forum, or the like, would that work just dumping that into the /system/app folder?

Basically I'm asking if an APK file when installed on an Android device is any different to the APK file that you download to install?

Edited by cobhc

I made some changes to gps.conf now I get really fast gps locks

NTP_SERVER=0.uk.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

# DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info
# 4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose
DEBUG_LEVEL = 3

# Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable
INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

# Accuracy threshold for intermediate positions
# less accurate positions are ignored, 0 for passing all positions
ACCURACY_THRES=0

# Wiper (wifi positioning), 1=enable, 0=disable
ENABLE_WIPER=1

################################
##### AGPS server settings #####
################################

# FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276

# FOR C2K PDE SUPPORT, set the following
C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com
C2K_PORT=1234

#################################
##### AGPS Carrier settings #####
#################################

CURRENT_CARRIER=common
DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

# TRUE for "User Plane", FALSE for "Control Plane"
DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
[/codebox]

Guest balb0wa

yes i get that a lot, very annoying

Guest kallt_kaffe
It seems to work until I change the frequency slider, then it just Force Closes on me.

Edit:- Off topic question for anyone who's willing to answer...

When you install an app, does the APK file simply get moved to the /data/app folder, or is there more to it? Generally when I'm integrating apps into a rom, I'll copy the APK file from the /data/app folder and move it into the zip file under the /system/app folder and this works fine. However, if I have the APK file downloaded from a forum, or the like, would that work just dumping that into the /system/app folder?

Basically I'm asking if an APK file when installed on an Android device is any different to the APK file that you download to install?

The apps that FC when you put them in /system/app contains libs. When they are installed normally some magic is done (never bothered to investigate where the libs go on /data) but if you are to put them in /system/app in a ROM you must take the libs (usually in /lib/armeabi/ in the .apk) and put them into /system/lib. Several apps need this, I have not seen an IME yet that doesn't need this done and there is also others like the Terminal Emulator. And yes, SetCPU is such an app.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Ahh ok then, thanks for that info. I'll have a look into that next time I'm customizing one of your roms to my liking :D. As said previously, can you give me any pointers on what would need to be done to port over the AOSP dialer to your rom? Maybe I can have a look into this if you don't have time to?

Brilliant - thanks so much :D. It's a fantastic ROM, and I really appreciate the work you put in. I have a strange oddity whereby I'm on T-Mobile (UK), and it gives the option of T-Mobile or Virgin - I guess I could maul the apns conf file so that T-Mobile is the only option which could also sort it.

Guest Rotmann
thanks for the rom, froyo is so much faster and smoother then 2.1 LOL

anyway i have a few problems though...how can i get the stock messaging back? i like the black background and smallish font, i tried gosms and chompsms but their font is so big?

thanks

how can i get the stock messaging back? i like the black background and smallish font, i tried gosms and chompsms but their font is so big?

thanks

Dude why do you ask the same question THREE TIMES in 4 hours? Is it necessary to fill this topic with junk?