[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

How about overclocking the GPU? Possible?

erm i dont think so... as far as I know, there isnt any gpu in the device....lol

look for opengl, which works with cpu

I've got a problem with the mail client. It worked after the first config, but now it's not working, still says "Loading". Apart from that, rom is great. VGA recording works now with "custom" setting. Only thing that comes to my mind right now is that the loudspeaker is a little too loud actually;)

Looking forward to a new version.

Edited by Toldo

Finnish saunalahti phone? If it is have you installed that saunalahti fix?

yes I do and still not working. my SF is from uk, using it in Czech Republic - vodafone

erm i dont think so... as far as I know, there isnt any gpu in the device....lol

look for opengl, which works with cpu

Can't answer about the overclocking part, but the phone does have a GPU, it's the Adreno 200, same as the HTC Desire has.

Guest dave1814
Unfortunately this seems to break WIFI for me partially. With some access points, my WIFI just will not reconnect (Maybe it does after 180 seconds, but this is way too long). I changed the value back to 15 and it works fine.

how do you change this back?

cheers,

Dave

Guest Buchtis

Played around with the overclocking with setCPU, solid as a rock at 768Mhz. Made a hell of a lot of difference from 600Mhz. I've also upped the VM size from 24 to 48.

Best ROM so far, super fast and super smooth. Thanks Kallt!

Played around with the overclocking with setCPU, solid as a rock at 768Mhz. Made a hell of a lot of difference from 600Mhz. I've also upped the VM size from 24 to 48.

Best ROM so far, super fast and super smooth. Thanks Kallt!

Whats battery life like on those settings?

That's impresive! In my case anything above 710MHZ & hangs up after a while, probably voltage to low...

regards

Guest Buchtis
Whats battery life like on those settings?

Can't say as when I installed the ROM it was on 14%. Running benchmarks and Angry Birds bought it down to so it's on charge now. I'll report back tomorrow on the battery.

So my current setup is this.

setCPU max = 768Mhz

setCPU min = 122Mhz

Did 3 runs on Quadrant and it's faster than the stock Nexus One and HTC Desire!

Run 1: 594

Run 2: 608

Run 3: 603

Well impressed, charging it now but i'll report on the battery drain and whatnot tomorrow.

Guest Frankish

Funny thing i tested my phone for a full day with,

Data off altogether.

Set to GSM only.

I played a few games during the day and read a few texts. 91% left after 10 hours :D

Damn 3G and syncing stuff all the time it destroys the battery. I still get a full days use out of it in my normal heavy use days though so i'm very happy with battery life.

Guest spinozagr

I am so impressed with this ROM! Great work!

But i really miss the Gingerbread Greek keyboard, as I am Greek.

Believe me, there many Greeks that use this ROM.

Could you please include the Greek Gingerbread keyboard to the next release?

Those are two different things. That hw accel packages enables the use of GPU to draw the UI.

You'll need some kind of program the increase the CPU max freq (setCPU for instance), if you want to overclock.

thanks! :D

Guest sumdumguy

Why does 'Quick System info' show A2SD information with this rom ? I got 32.52mb total and 11.72mb free.

This is weird because i have no ext2 partition, i tried with 2 diff memory cards to rule that out.

Can A2SD affect the performace at all ? I though there was no need because froyo has move2sd instead?

Guest Swimmerboy
Why does 'Quick System info' show A2SD information with this rom ? I got 32.52mb total and 11.72mb free.

This is weird because i have no ext2 partition, i tried with 2 diff memory cards to rule that out.

Can A2SD affect the performace at all ? I though there was no need because froyo has move2sd instead?

Does move2sd not put it on the fat32 partition though? This means you cant run the apps installed there when the phone is mounted as a usb device.

Guest whoop_whoop
I am so impressed with this ROM! Great work!

But i really miss the Gingerbread Greek keyboard, as I am Greek.

Believe me, there many Greeks that use this ROM.

Could you please include the Greek Gingerbread keyboard to the next release?

You can get the Gingerbread keyboard from the Market (in the UK you can anyway). There's plenty of different options.

Guest whoop_whoop
Does move2sd not put it on the fat32 partition though? This means you cant run the apps installed there when the phone is mounted as a usb device.

I thought this was the case too, Move2SD is a app which moves to FAT32. Froyo had built in A2SD which moves to EXT partitions (if you have one). Personally I use A2SD, one less app to worry about.

I thought this was the case too, Move2SD is a app which moves to FAT32. Froyo had built in A2SD which moves to EXT partitions (if you have one). Personally I use A2SD, one less app to worry about.

Apparently Froyo's as2d uses the fat32 partition, the apps are put into /sdcard/.android_secure, see it for yourself.

Guest l_ninjo2

Mysterious E-mailconfig..

I set up e-mail with gmail and one imap account, everything is fine. Then I added hotmail.de via Exchange/EAS (sync calendar and contacts, push/1hour). First sync with Hotmail worked fine, but then the complete entry/account disapeared. What went wrong, my mistake? Tried it twice, same procedure. :D

Any ideas?

Switched from Modaco Froyo R3 and seems ok apart from doesn't give signal level indication. I cleared the data cache but didn't reset to factory settings, will this give me problems? Hasn't done so far.

Guest spinozagr
You can get the Gingerbread keyboard from the Market (in the UK you can anyway). There's plenty of different options.

Well, I am already using the HTC mod IME, that includes the Greek language, but I like so much the Gingerbread...

And it's not only me that I am asking that, but a lot of Greek users.