[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Pierreism

Battery life seems pretty fine for me, but it's calculation is kinda weird. It usually shoots down like crazy if it's anything above 70, then 70 downwards its discharge measurement seems normal, but then at around 15 and below the battery seems to last alot longer. That's just what I've noticed from heavy day to day use on my end anyway.

About the circular battery indicator: is that what shipped with the Japanese handsets? How do I revert it (and the power control widget) to the default 2.2 one? Thanks!

Edited by Pierreism

Guest admanirv
Someone have any idea how to fix the signal always being full and 'connection not made' problems?

Kallt_kaffe and Carlos, there is a widget on the marketplace the name escapes me the accurately represents the signal strength in dbm and Asu (shows as a graphical bar), so it must be possible to accurately represent the signal strength as this widget must be using the api's/librarys on the android system?

Cheers

Guest spaceguy

thank you so much kallt kaffe for your hard work, i was just wondering. i would like to add more languges (say for example arabic) . is there a way to make this possible?

Guest cartierv
Battery life seems pretty fine for me, but it's calculation is kinda weird. It usually shoots down like crazy if it's anything above 70, then 70 downwards its discharge measurement seems normal, but then at around 15 and below the battery seems to last alot longer. That's just what I've noticed from heavy day to day use on my end anyway.

About the circular battery indicator: is that what shipped with the Japanese handsets? How do I revert it (and the power control widget) to the default 2.2 one? Thanks!

That's what I wondered about this ROM (without having used it yet myself), but that if these reports about battery going down rapidly were actually because the battery was being drained or it was just reporting that.

Guest cartierv
Switched from Modaco Froyo R3 and seems ok apart from doesn't give signal level indication. I cleared the data cache but didn't reset to factory settings, will this give me problems? Hasn't done so far.

Are you supposed to do a factory reset as well ?

I'm not too sure if I read this correctly but I thought I read somewhere here some people have said you need to wipe everything first for some ROMS ? Or is that not the case.

and cache wipe is the one in clockwork presumably ?

Guest Afrodude
That's what I wondered about this ROM (without having used it yet myself), but that if these reports about battery going down rapidly were actually because the battery was being drained or it was just reporting that.

Its nothing to worry about. After you run the ROM for a while the battery stats will become much more accurate.

I'm not too sure if I read this correctly but I thought I read somewhere here some people have said you need to wipe everything first for some ROMS ? Or is that not the case.

You don't HAVE to, but it IS recommended. Clockwork can wipe your data and/ or cache.

Edited by Afrodude

Guest Pierreism

@cartierv

I switched recently from MoDaCo's Custom Eclair R4 and it's totally fine. The benefits are small, but worth it (especially if you play alot of games, which I don't). I think it's always better to wipe cache/factory reset if you're switching to a new ROM. If you're upgrading it should be ok without. It doesn't matter much as long as you have A2SD for your apps (I just re-downloaded everything I needed from the Market) and Google Sync for your Contacts. All my messages got deleted though, wish I remembered to back those up!

You do both cache wipe AND factory reset through options in Clockwork, btw.

Edited by Pierreism

You need to do a cache wipe AND data wipe in Clockwork (or Amon RA's version). This is to make the ROM reset itself and rebuild all settings and cache.

Guest cartierv
@cartierv

I switched recently from MoDaCo's Custom Eclair R4. It's totally fine to switch and the benefits are small, but worth it (especially if you play alot of games, which I don't). I think it's always better to wipe cache/factory reset if you're switching to a new ROM. If you're upgrading it should be ok without. It doesn't matter much as long as you have A2SD for your apps (I just re-downloaded everything I needed from the Market) and Google Sync for your Contacts. All my messages got deleted though, wish I remembered to back those up!

You do both cache wipe AND factory reset through options in Clockwork, btw.

Great. Actually this would be my first custom ROM from stock I'm still running. Yeah I don't use Google Sync myself. I'm strongly 'anti Cloud' I'm afraid and highly Google-sceptic. I think you can export contacts as one big vcard. Can you reimport like that ? Actually if anyone has any experience doing this locally after a new ROM would be interested.

@Afrodude: cool

@zapher: ok thanks

Edited by cartierv

I don't really know what I'm talking about when i comes to these roms but i did some googling and found this post about the signal indicator being fixed on another device, seems to concern framework-res.apk...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=773964

they just change the stat_sys_signal... images in the apk and increment them by one to better match the actual signal strength.

Matt

Edited by syinet

I don't really know what I'm talking about when i comes to these roms but i did some googling and found this post about the signal indicator being fixed on another device, seems to concern framework-res.apk...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=773964

they just change the stat_sys_signal... images in the apk and increment them by one to better match the actual signal strength.

Matt

It appears that it's just a cosmetic fix for the phones with just 3 bars. It will give them 5 bars instead so they have greater accuracy on radio signal. We have 5, so it's no use to us I'm afraid.

Lol, just downloaded that file, it's just 5 images (0-4 bars), without seeing the existing associated XML files I can't see how it'll help. On this basis why didnt he go for 10, 20 ... hell 100 images for super accuracy. Can't see how it would be any diff from adding a 0-100% batt indicator mod to a standard theme, without the associated XML files it won't work. Only read a few pages but it looks like the 'blind leading the blind' unless I'm missing something?

Guest Xenon0816
thank you so much kallt kaffe for your hard work, i was just wondering. i would like to add more languges (say for example arabic) . is there a way to make this possible?

I didn't try it on this rom, but there is an app on the market called "morelocale 2", which you can use to change and customise the language on your phone...

On the stock rom, there werde just 3 languages and this app helped me to activate all other languages. So it might help you on JJ as well... Try it.

Guest kallt_kaffe
How about overclocking the GPU? Possible?

I was experimenting with that on the 2.6.29 kernel. It could be possible but some in depth documentation about the MSM7227 chip would certainly help.

Guest Larsebalg

First of all: Thanks for this great ROM! Must be quite a lot of work! THANKS!

I have one problem, i hope it is connected to the usage of this rom. Whenever i have plugged in a cable (USB or (and this confuses me completely) headphone) the touchscreen is not acting normal. It is almost impossible to scroll through the applications, though you keep your finger on the screen it suddenly selects something. It is even hard to unlock the phone. Another example is Angry Birds - It is completely unplayable, you can't drag the bird!

Without cable, everything is smooth and alright!

Any ideas?

P.S.: I used the "normal" ROM, no overclocking, no hw ui!

Guest StevenHarperUK
I think you can export contacts as one big vcard. Can you reimport like that ? Actually if anyone has any experience doing this locally after a new ROM would be interested.

I have experience of this : Yes it works, yes its just a matter of choosing import.

Make sure there is only 1 copy of the file on your SD Card.

Guest whoop_whoop
First of all: Thanks for this great ROM! Must be quite a lot of work! THANKS!

I have one problem, i hope it is connected to the usage of this rom. Whenever i have plugged in a cable (USB or (and this confuses me completely) headphone) the touchscreen is not acting normal. It is almost impossible to scroll through the applications, though you keep your finger on the screen it suddenly selects something. It is even hard to unlock the phone. Another example is Angry Birds - It is completely unplayable, you can't drag the bird!

Without cable, everything is smooth and alright!

Any ideas?

P.S.: I used the "normal" ROM, no overclocking, no hw ui!

I get this too, although not as extreme. It also happens on my wife's iPhone, where the screen 'judders' when you hold your finger on it.

Guest fox2000

Just an information: which .apk is the "Power Control Widget" ?

Is it a custom version? I noticed that only the one included in JJ provides the (very useful) ability to switch on/off 3G Data...

Just an information: which .apk is the "Power Control Widget" ?

Is it a custom version? I noticed that only the one included in JJ provides the (very useful) ability to switch on/off 3G Data...

I think it's baked into Settings.apk

I think it is time for me to update my ROM as I have not for a couple of months, but could somebody tell me please what I should use to back up my SMS messages and anything else before I factor reset?

Cheers ;o)

Guest mercury97
I think it is time for me to update my ROM as I have not for a couple of months, but could somebody tell me please what I should use to back up my SMS messages and anything else before I factor reset?

Cheers ;o)

Im using SMS Backup and Restore, seems to work very well, saves as an xml file on the SD card. If you check out settings first you can select specific contacts to backup just the important messages and not load of txt spam.

I was experimenting with that on the 2.6.29 kernel. It could be possible but some in depth documentation about the MSM7227 chip would certainly help.

Hmm, that sounds interesting, I'd love to experiment with this :D