[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Tried out RLS6, with out addons and hwui, and with. for me battery life is almost the same just tick tocking down :D

Also I feel some certain sluggishness from time to time. Overall a good release.

Guest veehexx

anyone having issues with adfree?

as in, it's asif adfree isnt installed; ads are still displayed.

forum search comes up with nothing, so i presume it's just an issue related to my setup?

Titanium Backup is a good option, or the free 30 day trial of MyBackup. MyBackup is really easy to backup SMS and contacts etc.

You might want to consider doing a backup with the Clockwork Recovery Mod, so that you can easily go back to a working state should anything bad happen.

I think it is time for me to update my ROM as I have not for a couple of months, but could somebody tell me please what I should use to back up my SMS messages and anything else before I factor reset?

Cheers ;o)

Titanium Backup is a good option, or the free 30 day trial of MyBackup. MyBackup is really easy to backup SMS and contacts etc.

You might want to consider doing a backup with the Clockwork Recovery Mod, so that you can easily go back to a working state should anything bad happen.

mybackup root is free

Guest kallt_kaffe
It appears that it's just a cosmetic fix for the phones with just 3 bars. It will give them 5 bars instead so they have greater accuracy on radio signal. We have 5, so it's no use to us I'm afraid.

However, I've done some services.jar hacking and the signal bars will be fixed in RLS7. :D

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hmm, that sounds interesting, I'd love to experiment with this :D

I'll start looking at it again when everthing else has "settled down" a bit more. RLS7 is looking promising. Automatic Time setting is back and works, VPN settings is back but I can't test it, signal strength bar is fixed and size is down below 120Mb (removed lots of libs that belonged to the removed iwnnime (Japanese IME)). Still not decided if I should put the old alarm clock back is it has more options or keep the better looking DeskClock.

I'll start looking at it again when everthing else has "settled down" a bit more. RLS7 is looking promising. Automatic Time setting is back and works, VPN settings is back but I can't test it, signal strength bar is fixed and size is down below 120Mb (removed lots of libs that belonged to the removed iwnnime (Japanese IME)). Still not decided if I should put the old alarm clock back is it has more options or keep the better looking DeskClock.

Keep "better looking DeskClock"[sic]!

:D

Guest spaceguy
I didn't try it on this rom, but there is an app on the market called "morelocale 2", which you can use to change and customise the language on your phone...

On the stock rom, there werde just 3 languages and this app helped me to activate all other languages. So it might help you on JJ as well... Try it.

thanks

Guest madboffin

That's great news, I'm currently using unclocked v 5 and the only problems I'm having are

1, O2 UK displayed as Telefonica O2 UK Limited he lock screen. I modified one of the ril files to display O2 UK by replacing the unwanted text with spaces (deleting the unwanted text didn't work).

2, Signal strength bars all or nothing ! No reporting of signal strength in the menu "About Phone > Status"

3. Very high battery usage of "Dialler" in Spare Parts > Battery History > Partial wake usage. It is the top battery consumer, even above Android System.

4, "Sound Settings > Turn to forbid phone ring" selection does not work (could this be dialler related ?)

Will you replacing the ZTE dialler with the stock android dialler - I wonder if this might help with battery consumption.

Everything else is wonderful - (I'm very happy with the tethering options !)

Thank you for all your hard work on this ROM.

Madboffin

However, I've done some services.jar hacking and the signal bars will be fixed in RLS7. :D

I just want to correct myself and say that we have 4, not 5. Just so nobody gets confused. The fix change 3 bars to 4 bars - that's it.

Guest AlphaVision

I have been using DeskClockGoogle.apk in all roms that I have installed. It is in the modaco roms as well. It is like a simple version of the deskclock so it is the perfect one for the job.

Ok cool. Again, if you need a dogsbody to do some work to help you out, just give me a shout :D

Guest kallt_kaffe
Will the HTC IME keyboard be included in the next release? I hope so, as for me the installable version doesn't work. Gives an FC when taping a text box.

Yes and I've removed the standard Android Keyboard as text prediction doesn't work in it. RLS7 will have the Gingerbread keyboard and the HTC IME out-of-the-box.

One minor glitch I have since RSL2: if I use the lock-pattern the red-cross at the emergency-call button is missing.

I also had the display-timeout-not-working bug (solved after several reboots) and the battery seemed to last longer with RSL2.

thx for your great work! :D

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ok cool. Again, if you need a dogsbody to do some work to help you out, just give me a shout :D

Well if you could find documentation about the MSM7227 it could be useful. Somehow the GPU clock is derived from PLL2 and hopefully there is a divider hidden somewhere that we could change. Specially information about the GRP_NS_REG on MSM7227 is what I am looking for. I have information about it for MSM7200 but so far all I've managed to is to make the GPU stop working.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Are you going to change the dialer kallt?

Not in RLS7. As a side note. I'm currently using the Youlu Adress Book as Dialer. It's in Market and it's free. It also doubles as an SMS app. With previous versions I couldn't dial manually entered numbers (propably due to the lack of a "dial" button on our phones) but the latest version seems to work really well.

Well if you could find documentation about the MSM7227 it could be useful. Somehow the GPU clock is derived from PLL2 and hopefully there is a divider hidden somewhere that we could change. Specially information about the GRP_NS_REG on MSM7227 is what I am looking for. I have information about it for MSM7200 but so far all I've managed to is to make the GPU stop working.

Have you seen these?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710850

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=705797

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the 7227 available online, which is strange considering the HTC Legend/Aria and Sony X10 Mini/Mini Pro also use this chip, and they're fairly well known/developed devices. Would it be worth speaking to someone from the CyanogenMod team about GPU overclocking since they've developed roms for the Legend/Aria?

Edit:- Sorry if this is a stupid comment, but considering the fact that the MSM7227 and QSD8250/QSD8650 all contain the Adreno 200, is it worth looking for information about the GPU itself, or would things be specific to the chipset rather than the actual GPU?

Edited by cobhc

Guest tcpaulh
Have you seen these?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710850

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=705797

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the 7227 available online, which is strange considering the HTC Legend/Aria and Sony X10 Mini/Mini Pro also use this chip, and they're fairly well known/developed devices. Would it be worth speaking to someone from the CyanogenMod team about GPU overclocking since they've developed roms for the Legend/Aria?

Also, I'm wondering if this guy can help:-

http://gitorious.org/~captnoord

Guest arun687

Hi kallt_kaffe,

I've been following this thread closely and looking to move to Froyo, currently running 2.1 r8 deorangeated Rom from Seb. I find that JJ suits all my requirements on paper and hence will be flashing this Rom on next update.

Glad to know that there are many fixes coming in RLS7, especially the signal bars fix. It would be great if you could replace the dialer with the android one as people seem to be complaining about it using most of the battery, maybe in RLS8? With that I think, JJ will be just about perfect for me.

Highly appreciate all your efforts in making a fantastic Rom. Thanks.

Keep "better looking DeskClock"[sic]!

:P

Keep the simpler and more functional AlarmClock! This isn't actually that big a deal. I've kept the AlarmClock.apk from RLS4 and I plan to roll that into Kaffe's future updates myself.

IMO, I would say that Dialler issues seem to be a bit more urgent. I can't exactly explain why, but I believe that it's responsible for the "Connection not made" dialogs that appear from time to time, and apparently is causing issues for others too. I'd like to see the AOSP dialler in future updates, but of course it's Kaffe's decision.

@kaffe Thanks for the YouLu mention. I was trying to look for that app but couldn't remember the name. Your ROM has my vote for best Blade ROM in the universe. No jerky-jerky or battery-drainy on my side of things. Don't go upgrading your phone or anything kaffe! :D

Edited by weba

Guest kallt_kaffe
Looking forward to RLS7 (I'm still on 3b).

Is there any planned time?

Well, yesterday or today was the plan but I've been bit busy and also find new things to fix(like the signal strength indicator that I fixed today) so it keeps being delayed. But I'd say tomorrow or friday would be a good guess.