[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest whoop_whoop
Looking forward to RLS7 (I'm still on 3b).

Is there any planned time?

+1 on this, I'm on RLS4 and want to upgrade ... I'm away in India on business next week and wanted to put RLD6 on for the better (perceived? :D) battery life but I think I will wait ...

Edited by whoop_whoop

That one has been on my bookmark list for some time. I need more specific info about MSM7227.

Hey Kalt Kaffe Im new to the forums but just wanted to say keep up the good work as i have been reading the progress of this rom for the past few weeks

I'm Currently using FLB-Froyo Rom but i think i will try yours next as i want to max out my phone performance.

As you said the next release will be in the next couple of days so i will try Release 7 when its out

Thanks again for these Roms :D

Hi!

If you are not planning to replace the dialer. Is it possible to do it custom way. I browsed the RLS4 rom zip with the ASTRO browser and checked the programs on the zip, but I can only find the phone application not just the normal dialer. So it seems I cant just delete normal dialer and add my own from the market unless taking out the whole phone app. And if I install a custom dialer, the normal dialer will still be on the system goofing around by it self. '

Thx!

Hi!

If you are not planning to replace the dialer. Is it possible to do it custom way. I browsed the RLS4 rom zip with the ASTRO browser and checked the programs on the zip, but I can only find the phone application not just the normal dialer. So it seems I cant just delete normal dialer and add my own from the market unless taking out the whole phone app. And if I install a custom dialer, the normal dialer will still be on the system goofing around by it self. '

Thx!

The phone dialer built into this rom is called SmartDialer.apk. If you remove this, then you can have a dialer all by itself. The stock AOSP dialer which we would like implemented would be built into the Phone/Contacts.apk.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Keep the simpler and more functional AlarmClock! This isn't actually that big a deal. I've kept the AlarmClock.apk from RLS4 and I plan to roll that into Kaffe's future updates myself.
I'm torn apart, I'd like to have DeskClock with all the options of the AlarmClock. I guess I might keep one and make the other one an update.

IMO, I would say that Dialler issues seem to be a bit more urgent. I can't exactly explain why, but I believe that it's responsible for the "Connection not made" dialogs that appear from time to time, and apparently is causing issues for others too. I'd like to see the AOSP dialler in future updates, but of course it's Kaffe's decision.

Well, I haven't looked at this at all yet, to much to do and too little time. After RLS7 I'll have a look at it.

@kaffe Thanks for the YouLu mention. I was trying to look for that app but couldn't remember the name. Your ROM has my vote for best Blade ROM in the universe. No jerky-jerky or battery-drainy on my side of things. Don't go upgrading your phone or anything kaffe! :D

I see no reason to replace the phone unless I manage to break it. It's the best phone I've had so far and with the amount of hacking I use on my phones I prefer a phone that is not too expensive in case I would brick it.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

:D this one is by far the most sluggish froyo rom for blade

Hmm, I don't seem to have problems with performance on this rom at all. I've got way higher benchmarks results with this than any other rom, but I guess it's all up to the individual device.

Guest punkmilitia

I don't know if this helps (hopefully it does) but when I looked at my "apps" tat are running there are 2 dialler apps running and a dialler storage app running too, could that be why dialler uses lots of ram or w/e it uses?

Guest chall32
I'm torn apart, I'd like to have DeskClock with all the options of the AlarmClock. I guess I might keep one and make the other one an update.

How about Alarm Clock Plus v2? AppBrain Link Has Desk clock & Alarm :D

- Chris

Hey kk, great work on the rom. I had just a couple issues:

1. Dialer using up lotsa battery

2. Facebook sync.

Perhaps bringing back the stock aosp dialer would fix both these issues in one go. I know you've already said you won't be changing the dialer in rls7. Maybe a later release? or maybe youlu turns out to be better. On a side note, having wifi or mobile data consumes battery fast! Anyhow, yours is the best rom I've used on the blade. and with an underclocking profile active, I've never had better battery life either. Thanks for the wonderful rom!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi!

Thx!

In stock Android the Dialer is built into Contacts.apk. In "our" Contacts it has been removed or disabled and replaced with SmartDialer.apk. Not sure what the reason behind this is. You can install a 3rd party dialer like Dialer One or Youlu from Market and use it instead.

Phone.apk is the app that makes the call once the "dialer" has choosen an number or contact to call. It's also the app that kicks in when you recieve a call. It's always running in the background and on our phone it seems to be a bit modified by ZTE and at least in 2.1 it wasn't easily replaced. There is a modified improved Phone.apk in XDA-developers that I used to run on my HTC Tytn II (converted to android) but it doesn't seem to work on our phones. Not sure if I tried to replace it in 2.2 but I doubt it will work without the ZTE specific modifcations.

In stock Android the Dialer is built into Contacts.apk. In "our" Contacts it has been removed or disabled and replaced with SmartDialer.apk. Not sure what the reason behind this is. You can install a 3rd party dialer like Dialer One or Youlu from Market and use it instead.

Phone.apk is the app that makes the call once the "dialer" has choosen an number or contact to call. It's also the app that kicks in when you recieve a call. It's always running in the background and on our phone it seems to be a bit modified by ZTE and at least in 2.1 it wasn't easily replaced. There is a modified improved Phone.apk in XDA-developers that I used to run on my HTC Tytn II (converted to android) but it doesn't seem to work on our phones. Not sure if I tried to replace it in 2.2 but I doubt it will work without the ZTE specific modifcations.

Yes I can install the new dialer, but still when looking from spare parts the partial wake usage it seems to be dialer on top. I am just wondering is it the dialer that eats all the battery as spare parts indicates, or is it something else.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Yes, I've seen both. The first ones gave up and the other one is the main developer of the HTC Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris kernel making his usual magic. I was involved in some parts of that kernel development and Martin is a bloody genius. To bad he has a Desire and not a Blade... However that's the same register that I've been messing with but while it does change values when the GPU is enabled not everything looks and behaves the same as on on the MSM7200/7500 cpu's that he's working and so far my guesswork on how and what to change has not been successful. However the Froyo kernel got me distracted so there is still hope. But documentation would be nice as guessing is somewhat time consuming. It seems the same register is involved but I'm not sure if all the bits do the same thing.

Edit:- Sorry if this is a stupid comment, but considering the fact that the MSM7227 and QSD8250/QSD8650 all contain the Adreno 200, is it worth looking for information about the GPU itself, or would things be specific to the chipset rather than the actual GPU?
Gather what you can find. What I want to know is what controls how the GPU gets it's clock. I know it currently derives it from PLL2 because my early overclocking killed 3D performance when I downclocked PLL2. But also PLL2 can only be increased with 19200kHz (which I allready do if you overclock the AHB kernel) and from that the GPU propably gets something like a 19200/8 increase or something like that (assumung that the GPU runs at 150MHz).

There's a post here quoting coolbho3000 talking about the MSM72xx chips and how PLL values are calculated.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1

Overclocking the Legend on the .29 kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=746805

And some info on hiapk, looks like some info from a Code Aurora build?

http://91android.com/thread-555270-1-1.html

Guest leetron1

Thankyou so much for this wonderful ROM..overclocked using Overclock Widget..seems stable at 729MHz..love the partition change..was down to about 60M free using Seb's r0.3..170M free as of now..superb.

Looking forward to flashing RLS7..thanks again :D

Edited by leetron1

Guest heavyduty00

i like the rom but does anyone know how can i get the stock messaging sms back?

can you make it so you dont have to press 'ok' when u put in ur number passcode, can you set it to do it automatically??

and i dont really like the battery indicator at the notifications bar...how do i change it the stock battery where its just like a green bar etc

also is it possible to make it go all silent since when i hold 'volume down' it just keeps going on vibrate, cant it go onto silent?

thanks

Guest kallt_kaffe
There's a post here quoting coolbho3000 talking about the MSM72xx chips and how PLL values are calculated.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1

Overclocking the Legend on the .29 kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=746805

And some info on hiapk, looks like some info from a Code Aurora build?

http://91android.com/thread-555270-1-1.html

I know how the PLL's are programmed and how the CPU clock speeds are derived from them and I been through the acpuclock.c a lot. However GPU isn't (asfaik) controlled in the acpuclock.c. Propably hardwired somehow but I think the GRP_NS_REG might be used to change the way it gets it's clock and like with Martins(dzo) GPU overclock on the MSM7500 would be done in clock.c. I will experiment more with this when/if I get some time to have a look at it.

I know how the PLL's are programmed and how the CPU clock speeds are derived from them and I been through the acpuclock.c a lot. However GPU isn't (asfaik) controlled in the acpuclock.c. Propably hardwired somehow but I think the GRP_NS_REG might be used to change the way it gets it's clock and like with Martins(dzo) GPU overclock on the MSM7500 would be done in clock.c. I will experiment more with this when/if I get some time to have a look at it.

Ok. Didn't mean to tell you what you already knew, just trying to offer any information you may not have seen. :D

Guest kallt_kaffe
i like the rom but does anyone know how can i get the stock messaging sms back?

Stock SMS app on the Japanese ROM is heavily modified with Softbank modifcations. I do not intend to put it back and I do not think you'd like it back. The SMS app used previously that had black background was an older 2.2 SMS app that I got from a different project and it doesn't allow sending SMS to several recipients which is why I swapped to use the SMS app from the Chinese leaked ZTE ROM and it has white background. I'm sure there are plenty of SMS replacement apps on Market that you can try.

can you make it so you dont have to press 'ok' when u put in ur number passcode, can you set it to do it automatically??
Dunno, I do not use any passcodes or PIN codes.

and i dont really like the battery indicator at the notifications bar...how do i change it the stock battery where its just like a green bar etc
RLS7 will have the stock battery indicator with an optional addon with circle indicator.

also is it possible to make it go all silent since when i hold 'volume down' it just keeps going on vibrate, cant it go onto silent?

Just turn off vibration in sound settings.

Guest LordKickapoo

Last couple of days i have missed few calls... I may have internet on but i have 2g/3g choded and it should be on 3g because i was at the moment when the calls came in the city.

Anyone else having these problems?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ok. Didn't mean to tell you what you already knew, just trying to offer any information you may not have seen. :D

Sorry, did mean to sound rude. But it's GPU overclocking I need information about and asfaik they only one who have been successful so far is dzo(Martin) on his HTC Vogue kernel and I done enough research to know that the register is have bit's toggled when the GPU is turned on and off. Some are the same, some are setup a bit diffently on our phone. So what I really need is info about the GRP_NS_REG.

Something like in this thread: http://modmymobile.com/forums/557-motorola...k-possible.html but for the MSM7227.

0x0084 GRP_NS_REG
Type: Write/Read
Clock: PBUS_CLK
Reset State:0x00
The GRP_NS_REG register controls the source selection/division of the GRP and IMEM
clocks. The IMEM clock is generated from the Graphics root (GRP). The GRP and IMEM
clocks are always synchronous to each other.
PRPH_WEB_NS_REG
Bits Name Description
11 PRPH_WEB_ROOT_ENA This bit enables the prph_web_src signal
1: Enabled
0: Not enabled
10 PRPH_CLK_INV This bit inverts the prph_web_clk output signal.
1: Inverted
0: Not inverted
9 PRPH_CLK_BRANCH_ENA This bit enables the prph_web_clk output signal.
GRP_NS_REG
Bits Name Description
14 CLK_SEL This bit is the GRP clock MUX select.
0: grp
1: axi_marm
13:12 AXI_GRP_CLK_DIV This field selects the clock divisor for the clock AXI synchronous
clock soure (valid when bit 14 is’0’).
00: Div-1
01: Div-2
10: Div-3
11: Div-4
11 GRP_ROOT_ENA This field is the GRP source clock enable.
80-VA736-2 Rev. B 49 QUALCOMM Proprietary
MSM7200â„¢ Software Interface Manual Clocks Registers
10 IMEM_CLK_INV This field inverts the IMEM clock.
9 IMEM_CLK_BRANCH_ENA This field is the IMEM enable.
8 GRP_CLK_INV This field inverts the graphics clock.
7 GRP_CLK_BRANCH_ENA This field is the graphics clock enable.
6:3 SRC_DIV This field bypasses, or activates and selects the modulo divider.
0000: Bypass
0001: Div-2
0010: Div-3
0011: Div-4
0100: Div-5
0101: Div-6
0110: Div-7
0111: Div-8
1000: Div-9
1001: Div-10
1010: Div-11
1011: Div-12
1100: Div-13
1101: Div-14
1110: Div-15
1111: Div-16
2:0 SRC_SEL This field selects the output of the clock source MUX.
000: TCXO
001: glbl_pll
010: backup_pll0
011: backup_pll1
100: modem_pll
101: plltest_rcvr_out
110: USB XTAL
111: plltest_core_in[/code]

Basicly I'd like to compare the above to the same kind of docs for the MSM7227 and look for differences.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest heavyduty00
Stock SMS app on the Japanese ROM is heavily modified with Softbank modifcations. I do not intend to put it back and I do not think you'd like it back. The SMS app used previously that had black background was an older 2.2 SMS app that I got from a different project and it doesn't allow sending SMS to several recipients which is why I swapped to use the SMS app from the Chinese leaked ZTE ROM and it has white background. I'm sure there are plenty of SMS replacement apps on Market that you can try.

Dunno, I do not use any passcodes or PIN codes.

RLS7 will have the stock battery indicator with an optional addon with circle indicator.

Just turn off vibration in sound settings.

kk thanks so much for your help and your work on the rom!!

i meant the messaging app on the stock orange rom, but i have tried other messaging apps like gosms and chompsms but the font is always so big :D

Is it possible in silent mode to go from 'ringer volume' then 'vibrate' then 'silent'?

since now once i have changed the settings, it goes from 'ringer volume' to 'silent'?

thanks

Guest kallt_kaffe
kk thanks so much for your help and your work on the rom!!

i meant the messaging app on the stock orange rom, but i have tried other messaging apps like gosms and chompsms but the font is always so big :D

Not sure if the 2.1 SMS app works on a 2.2 install.

Is it possible in silent mode to go from 'ringer volume' then 'vibrate' then 'silent'?

since now once i have changed the settings, it goes from 'ringer volume' to 'silent'?

Not sure how to accomplish that without compiling Android from source.