[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest yadabwoy

been using this rom for the past 2 days and it seems fine battery drain is usual with 3g turned on , when im using it with 2g or data services off it lasts as well as any , thanks for an excellent rom keep up the good work :D

Guest Mellerle

Hey,

i have a little problem with this rom.

I synced my contacts with MyPhoneExplorer, then changed from Finish Fillyjonk to this rom. Now wanted to sync my contacts again, it seems that syncing worked fine, but there are no contacts in the "contacts-app". But i see all my contacts in the dialer.

Anyone know this problem?

I've found a bug with RLS6 (or I'm just missing something).

I've recently noticed that Gmail doesn't automatically sync. I have to open the app and hit refresh to pull any new mail from server.

I have Auto-sync enabled wherever possible (checked SwitchPro widget, stock Power Control widget and system Settings), but when I connect to the Internet (either WiFi or mobile data) no refresh is done, so I assume something's wrong.

I'm pretty sure that in previous JJ releases it was all OK (surely was on any 2.1 based ROM I tried).

Can anyone confirm this?

I did an in-topic search to determine whether this issue had been already mentioned, sorry if I missed it.

EDIT: Nevermind, not-a-bug and fixed already, check my next post.

Edited by k0nrad

I've found a bug with RLS6 (or I'm just missing something).

I've recently noticed that Gmail doesn't automatically sync. I have to open the app and hit refresh to pull any new mail from server.

I have Auto-sync enabled wherever possible (checked SwitchPro widget, stock Power Control widget and system Settings), but when I connect to the Internet (either WiFi or mobile data) no refresh is done, so I assume something's wrong.

I'm pretty sure that in previous JJ releases it was all OK (surely was on any 2.1 based ROM I tried).

Can anyone confirm this?

I did an in-topic search to determine whether this issue had been already mentioned, sorry if I missed it.

Works fine with my RLS6.

Is it me or are people a bit paranoid about not searching forum before asking a question. Too many flamers, I guess.

What is the benefit of having a smaller system install?

I noticed that from RLS4 to RLS6 a lot of apps were removed, and once installed from market space is taken from data.

So to get to the same apps list, much more data partition is used.

This is obviously a downside of less apps included in the system (I know as they are updated they use data anyway), but what is the upside if not using TPT and changing partition sizes?

Great work btw!

You are correct that while system is smaller and data is larger, the apps that were on system are now on data thus taking up the same amount of space, but there are 2 differences. 1 You can choose whether or not to have those apps, if you choose not to then they don't take up space. 2 You can update them easily as opposed to when they are on system which is difficult for the average user to update

Works fine with my RLS6.

Hmm... It's strange then. I'll try and change my Google Account, see what happens then.

EDIT: D'oh, nevermind. As I thought, I missed something... really simple. In Settings>Accounts & Sync I had "Google" checked, but "Gmail" unchecked inside it. I totally forgot you can dive deeper in these settings.

Edited by k0nrad

Guest whoop_whoop

I can't find anything about this on searching but how do you get voice dialer on 2.2? RLS4 doesn't have it but I plan to go to RLS7 when it arrives?

Edited by whoop_whoop

Guest IronDoc

...what is the upside if not using TPT and changing partition sizes?

quote]

That is the main upside. If you'd rather not do it refill the ROM with your apps.

Guest IronDoc
I can't find anything about this on searching but how do you get voice dialer on 2.2? RLS4 doesn't have it but I plan to go to RLS7 when it arrives?

Take the apk from a ROM that does have it?

You are correct that while system is smaller and data is larger, the apps that were on system are now on data thus taking up the same amount of space, but there are 2 differences. 1 You can choose whether or not to have those apps, if you choose not to then they don't take up space. 2 You can update them easily as opposed to when they are on system which is difficult for the average user to update

Thanks for the reply - I suppose my point (not well made - I know), is that the space lost on the data partition (taken up by installing the apps outside the ROM) isn't offset by the space 'saved' in the system partition as the latter isn't 'useful/useable', whereas more space in data is.

That is the main upside. If you'd rather not do it refill the ROM with your apps.

Thanks for reminding me - that was my next plan, add latest versions of my fav apps, back into the ROM zipfile.

I am 'comfortable' with ClockworkMod Recovery, but TPT seems a bit too risky for me :D

Guest whatcolour
Ok, just took a bunch of them from his latest rls, because Ive no idea how he got it to work (don't know how he feels about us poking in his rom but, anyway):

Contacts.apk

ContactsProvider.apk

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

Phone.apk

TelephonyProvider.apk

Replace them in system/app and delete smartdialer.apk from same directory. I cleaned the data in all of them (+facebook) just to be sure. Done (Might have to fiddle a bit with sync on/off for facebook though)

Works fine! But SMS multiple select stops working. ContactProvider.apk was modded in flb rom to make work. I'm sure this must be encouraging for kk to get stock dialer properly working.

Guest whoop_whoop
Take the apk from a ROM that does have it?

Ah OK I didn't realise that it's a separate app I thought it was par of the diaper app. I just too it from a link on the internet (not Blade) and it loads and works, it's not very accurate though with my voice and also it prompts for confrmation when used without Bluetooth, hope it doesn't do this with BT connection otherwise it's useless! Will try tomorrow.

Guest sensory

Is there anything we can do about the battery usage from the dialer? I just flashed this ROM and after about 4 hours the battery is down 35% from 75%. I'm going to charge it up to full and then see what happens, but if that keeps up it's pretty dire and needs a fix. Flibblesan's ROM doesn't have this problem, btw.

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Worst things I've noticed so far:

1) Full signal always.

2) SMS while on a call - I've had it once and the call disconnected :D

3) 'connection cannot be made' popups or something to that effect - really annoying.

..., is that the space lost on the data partition (taken up by installing the apps outside the ROM) isn't offset by the space 'saved' in the system partition as the latter isn't 'useful/useable', whereas more space in data is.

...add latest versions of my fav apps, back into the ROM zipfile....

Are the apps usable if you update from rls4 (with all the apps) to rls6 without wipe. In that case you don't have to fill the ROM zipfile.

Guest jr866gooner

Only things I have found with this ROM which are hopefully fixable.......

* Full signal always

* AppBrain no longer syncing with changes on site

* When unlocking screen you actually see the clock change from the time you last looked at it to present! (Not a big one I know)

* On 2.1 When decreasing the volume and you get lower you go from Sound (volume) to Vibrate to silent But on this ROM its either one or the other!

I have yet to experience call cut outs when recieving SMS or if someone else calls whilst im on the phone, Anyway will be looking forward to an update of this ROM which so far is fantastic,fast and especially loving being able to move apps to SD!

Edited by jr866gooner

Can someone please tell me how to completely disable hepatic feedback? Now device always vibrates when unlocking screen and calling/answering the phone. Im ussing RLS6.

Phone settings are:

- hepatic feedback unchecked,

- vibration set to never,

- screen lock set to none.

P.S. don't vibrate when pressing soft keys.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Have you tried installing Googles Voice Search from Market? It also adds Voice Actions which is propably what you are looking for.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Can someone please tell me how to completely disable hepatic feedback? Now device always vibrates when unlocking screen and calling/answering the phone. Im ussing RLS6.

Phone settings are:

- hepatic feedback unchecked,

- vibration set to never,

- screen lock set to none.

P.S. don't vibrate when pressing soft keys.

This propably needs some hacking of the framework. I could perhaps compile a kernel without vibration support if you really want to get rid of the vibration everywhere.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thought I should repost this incase you missed it, thanks again for your magnificent work KK, JJ is literally almost perfect, amazing rom and i'm sure when r7 comes out it will help alot for the few people having problems :D

Isn't this just that the later releases doesn't come with Launcher Pro out of the box? I haven't changed anything in the stock launcher that would cause that effect. Launcher Pro is available in Market for free.

Don't know if you saw the posts Kallt, but copying over the files from Flibblesan's rom enables the stock dialer and facebook sync to work, however it the button to select multiple recipients for a SMS now does nothing, and I'm able to wake up the screen by pressing the front facing buttons again.

Not a nag or anything, just for your information :D

Could you please write up the instructions for this? I assume you mean Contacts.apk, ContactsProvider.apk, Phone.apk and then what?

I already use Dialer One if you're looking for a good T9 dialer. It's better than SmartDialer imo.

Here's the thing

Stock Dialer - can't do T9

Dialer One - can't do numerical look ups

ZTE Smart Dialer - can do both!

Why do people not like the ZTE dialer? It's as good as the HTC Sense one :D.

Here's the thing

Stock Dialer - can't do T9

Dialer One - can't do numerical look ups

ZTE Smart Dialer - can do both!

Why do people not like the ZTE dialer? It's as good as the HTC Sense one :D.

Well IMO it's ugly as sin, and it's what's stopping us from Facebook Sync working as well. :P

Guest kallt_kaffe
Well IMO it's ugly as sin, and it's what's stopping us from Facebook Sync working as well. :D

Is it really? Not so sure about that. Propably something in Contacts.apk (which contains the stock dialer but has been modified to not show it on our devices by ZTE) or ContactsProvider.apk. It might be possible to hack "our" Contacts to work correctly with facebook sync. I'll have a look at it but can someone describe exactly what it is with facebook sync that is not working? The thing is I do not use Facebook and has no intention on every starting to use it.