[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

D'oh! Forgot to nandroid - doing install now :D.

All done - looks fine - not sure if I have a full signal, or if it's showing 5 bars regardless. Also waiting to see if I still get the dreaded "connection not made" dialogue box.

Thanks KK :P.

Guest defcrash
Help needed!

There one thing that did not work for me in RLS6, I can not send any e-mail from Blade. Everytime I have got connection error message. Anyone else with same problem?

Go to Settings then in the sent options set the username/pass for the account.

Hmm... Does the theme contain a /system/framework/services.jar file? In that case it will overwrite the one where I've fixed the signal bars.

Uh, yes it does.

So I'm retracting my "worked for me"-statement :D

Guest jaypatel

What is the battery like on this new version? On RSL6, battery was poor, couldnt eveb manage 24 hours with moderate use!! Lost 12% over the night while screen was off? Great ROM though, best so far, love it. Keep up the good work mate :-)

Guest jaypatel

Been trying to do the battery recalibration on the RSL6 but when fully charged, LED remains red, just like when I plugged it in to the mains to recharge. Isnt it supposed to turn off or go green?

If you're still on r4, you'll need to do a full wipe.

Boot into recovery (volume down + power on), and then backup your phone. Then do a wipe, and then install the .zip file (as you did with modaco r4).

I have a2sd enabled on my SF with an EXT3 partition i think do i need to do anything with my sd card or leave it as it is?

Guest kallt_kaffe

Can some of the those who have sold their souls to Facebook try the attached ContactsProvider.apk. I found and changed a difference I found that I believe can be the cause of the none-working facebook sync.

Unzip and either replace the .apk in the install zip and reinstall or use adb to push the new file and reboot.

ContactsProvider.zip

I just went from rls3b to rls7, forgot to wipe but most everything's working fine barring Ti Backup freezing a couple'a times. Back to reflashing.

Edit:

Reflashed with the new contactsprovider.apk and facebook sync is now working.

Edited by css771

Guest buneech
Hmm... Does the theme contain a /system/framework/services.jar file? In that case it will overwrite the one where I've fixed the signal bars.

Yes, it contains services.jar, and the problem i see with overwriting it with yours, that afaik the color of the clock on the notification bar is written in there. The default is black clock, but in most Frankish themes, it's a white clock on a black bar. He has to update his themes.

Can some of the those who have sold their souls to Facebook try the attached ContactsProvider.apk. I found and changed a difference I found that I believe can be the cause of the none-working facebook sync.

Unzip and either replace the .apk in the install zip and reinstall or use adb to push the new file and reboot.

Actually, this works. Nice :D Noone until now was able to answer me what was the deal. You mind sharing your magic? :P

Edited by buneech

Guest kallt_kaffe
Actually, this works. Nice :D Noone until now was able to answer me what was the deal. You mind sharing your magic? :P

Great! Well, I had to sacrifice my first born to the Facebook god.

I also changed this array:

<string-array name="unrestricted_packages">
<item>com.android.contacts</item>
</string-array>[/code] Into:
[code] <string-array name="unrestricted_packages">
<item>com.facebook.katana</item>
<item>com.android.mms</item>
<item>com.google.android.gm</item>
<item>com.android.email</item>
<item>com.android.phone</item>
<item>com.google.android.apps.maps</item>
<item>com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox</item>
<item>com.android.calendar</item>
<item>com.google.android.talk</item>
<item>android</item>
</string-array>

What is the battery like on this new version? On RSL6, battery was poor, couldnt eveb manage 24 hours with moderate use!! Lost 12% over the night while screen was off? Great ROM though, best so far, love it. Keep up the good work mate :-)

That's really odd - I took mine off charge yesterday morning, and this morning it still had 50% left. I use JuiceDefender, have it on 2G, and airplane mode at night, but my email accounts, weather, twitter etc, all update in the background every 15 mins.

I have a2sd enabled on my SF with an EXT3 partition i think do i need to do anything with my sd card or leave it as it is?

It could be ok - but do a Titanium backup just in case it doesn't.

Beautiful. How come you renamed it .zip though? It is the .apk so...

I also changed this array:

</string-array>
Into:

<item>com.facebook.katana</item>

<item>com.android.mms</item>

<item>com.google.android.gm</item>

<item>com.android.email</item>

<item>com.android.phone</item>

<item>com.google.android.apps.maps</item>

<item>com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox</item>

<item>com.android.calendar</item>

<item>com.google.android.talk</item>

<item>android</item>

</string-array>

Pardon my stupidity but what is this modification necessary for?

You need your stock ROM and zip program. Replace libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so (in /system/lib) with the versions from your stock ROM and reinstall. Or if you are familiar with adb you can push the files and reboot. Some phones seems to come with RIL libs that "hides" this kind of roaming. Saunalahti is another example that has this kind of setup.

Tried that, but it didn't work.

No network connection at all, no APN, you can't add another APN, searching for network operators gets you "error while searching for networks"

Edited by PMS17

Guest jaypatel

That's really odd - I took mine off charge yesterday morning, and this morning it still had 50% left. I use JuiceDefender, have it on 2G, and airplane mode at night, but my email accounts, weather, twitter etc, all update in the background every 15 mins.

That is strange, I had no previous issues with RSL4 or 5 but on 6 it just went. maybe it was because of overclocking but even then, i have it at 122mhz minimum and 480 max with screen off using setcpu. surely i should be conserving battery with a below 248mhz minimum!!! I seem to loose battery when making phone calls at an alarming rate too. loose 15% in 25 minutes!!!

Do you recommend using a app killer? Im only scared that some of these use up battery more than it saves, is JuiceDefender good? Thank you

Guest kallt_kaffe
Tried that, but it didn't work (zip file is attached).

No network connection at all, no APN, you can't add another APN, searching for network operators gets you "error while searching for networks"

libcm.so Not libril.so! Try again!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Beautiful. How come you renamed it .zip though? It is the .apk so...

I didn't, I zipped the .apk because the forum doesn't like attaching .apk's.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Anyone else that have tested and can confirm this fixes the Facebook sync? I'd like at least a few more "Yay! It works!" before I post an update with this in the first post.

Nice one! I still prefer the look of the default dialer, so if this could be implemented as well (without the SMS multiple recipient problem caused by just overwriting the files with Flibble's) then this will be a perfect rom for me.

Edit:- Seeing if your ContactsProvider.apk sorts this issue out.

Edit2:- Nah, still can't choose contacts from the SMS app.

Edit3:- If you could look into the intermittent problem with gaining root access as well, that would be great.

Edited by cobhc

Guest punkmilitia
Anyone else that have tested and can confirm this fixes the Facebook sync? I'd like at least a few more "Yay! It works!" before I post an update with this in the first post.

Yes.

I'd also like to say a huge thank you, this rom is very stable and great now, no problems at all, you win hands down in the rom battle :D

Guest kallt_kaffe
Nice one! I still prefer the look of the default dialer, so if this could be implemented as well (without the SMS multiple recipient problem caused by just overwriting the files with Flibble's) then this will be a perfect rom for me.

Well, I have a Contacts.apk that "may" have the Dialer enabled but since I modified the manifest I had to resign and that means it doesn't have the same keys like the rest of the system so I can't test it unless I resign the whole thing with the testkeys and that on the other hand will break upgrading "system" apps like Market and Gmail... I need to dig into this shared user and signing stuff to see if there is a limited number of system apps that shares the same users and if only those needs to be resigned, and if only those can be resigned without breaking anything else.