[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

on rls7, I've put setcpu on /system/app/ and it seems to fc every time I attempt to increase the frequency beyond 600mhz.

edit: well, removed it from /system/app/ and installed it at /data/app/ and now it seems to work flawlessly again.

Edited by css771

libcm.so Not libril.so! Try again!

Sorry. I used "saunalahti_ril.zip" as a template instead of, well, just reading what you wrote ;-)

This time it worked, i added the update file, perhaps someone on Yesss needs it too ...

yesss_v2.zip

Guest kallt_kaffe
on rls7, I've put setcpu on /system/app/ and it seems to fc every time I attempt to increase the frequency beyond 600mhz.

Yes, you can't install SetCPU like that unless you know how to do it. Put it on the SD-card and install it with Filer instead. To make it work like you tried to do you need to also push the lib it uses into /system/lib.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Sorry. I used "saunalahti_ril.zip" as a template instead of, well, just reading what you wrote ;-)

This time it worked, i added the update file, perhaps someone on Yesss needs it too ...

yesss_v2.zip

Great, I'll attach it to the first post.

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Can some of the those who have sold their souls to Facebook try the attached ContactsProvider.apk. I found and changed a difference I found that I believe can be the cause of the none-working facebook sync.

Unzip and either replace the .apk in the install zip and reinstall or use adb to push the new file and reboot.

Still doesn't work for me on RLS7, i goto Settings>Accounts & Sync>Add account and choose facebook and it just returns to the Accounts & Sync page with nothing changed.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Still doesn't work for me on RLS7, i goto Settings>Accounts & Sync>Add account and choose facebook and it just returns to the Accounts & Sync page with nothing changed.

Try the clockwork installable addon in the first post in case you accidently pushed the new file to the wrong place (Android has a case sensitive filesystem so pushing something to /system/App is not the same as pushing something to /system/app. If it still does not work you may need to clear some settings, like the ones for Contacts and Facebook.

Guest buneech
I can sync the facebook contact, But it doesn't merge with my google contact with same name, isn't it my problem only?

Exactly what i was about to write now. That is probably implemented in the stock dialer (i don't know, is it?).

Yes, you can't install SetCPU like that unless you know how to do it. Put it on the SD-card and install it with Filer instead. To make it work like you tried to do you need to also push the lib it uses into /system/lib.

Ah, well figured I needed another file. Well, thanks for the info!

Guest Frankish
RLS7 is out!

Any framework changes Kallt? Also the test signing thing is totally fine with updates. Paul has been doing this in his alpha rom since maybe alpha 1! I've updated tons of apps and even got the new market on it. All seems fine we wouldn't be doing it otherwise :D

EDIT: I know services.jar has changed...

Edited by Frankish

I forgot to mention, I have SetCPU doing on demand scaling from 245 to 600 (I haven't changed screen off behaviour)

Indeed - you should be conserving battery. I would never recommend an app killer - just use task manager to kill off rogue processes - or if you need to force a restart of an app.

Juice Defender is excellent - highly recommended, and the current beta (don't know if the main app has been updated) has a super new UI.

That is strange, I had no previous issues with RSL4 or 5 but on 6 it just went. maybe it was because of overclocking but even then, i have it at 122mhz minimum and 480 max with screen off using setcpu. surely i should be conserving battery with a below 248mhz minimum!!! I seem to loose battery when making phone calls at an alarming rate too. loose 15% in 25 minutes!!!

Do you recommend using a app killer? Im only scared that some of these use up battery more than it saves, is JuiceDefender good? Thank you

Hi

Nice just installed RLS 7 and it seems to work better than RLS4 with battery consumption. I had the phone online all the time on RLS4 and not sleeping at all. Maby all the programs made it stay up. I have Saunalahti blade and I could not connect to the 3g network without enabling roaming on the 3g options. Now it works nicely and does not keep the phone awake.

But the question is does roaming increase bills with a fixed 3g data transferring price. Or is it even roaming since I read some posts earlier that saunalahti always roams even thou it does not.

Anybody noticed a big difference in battery consumption with or without the hardware acceleration on?

thx for the rom

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Try the clockwork installable addon in the first post in case you accidently pushed the new file to the wrong place (Android has a case sensitive filesystem so pushing something to /system/App is not the same as pushing something to /system/app. If it still does not work you may need to clear some settings, like the ones for Contacts and Facebook.

clearing data for contacts and facebook fixed it.

I didn't, I zipped the .apk because the forum doesn't like attaching .apk's.

You're quite right. Stupid zip program that recursively unpacked the .apk inside :D

I fought a bit with digests and s*** until I just turned off the check for the update zip.

I can CONFIRM facebook sync works! You HAVE TO WIPE DATA on the Facebook app first though. Settings -> Applications -> Facebook -> Clear Data

Guest Jaffacakelover

Just completed my first custom rom install with this, RLS7 - Felt good to jettison the Orange junk and move up to 2.2! :D

Questions:

• Can you change how many homescreens are running? I only use 3.
  • What are the new icons on the power strip widget? I think they're now (left to right) WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sim card?, google sync?, brightness.
  • How do you add the circular battery to the install zip? I unzipped both, put the files from clock into the main and zipped it again, but ClockworkMod aborted install with an error. Could it be made an app, or is it hardcoded to the system?
  • When RLS8 comes out, I should be fine not wiping data/cache? It's only moving up from 2.1 / switching to another rom maker that'd need it?

1. Yes - use Launcher Pro

2. Not sure - I don't have it.

3. Don't add it - just boot into clockwork, and apply it.

4. You should be fine - I just installed RLS7 over RLS6 - but it depends on what's in the next release :D.

Just completed my first custom rom install with this, RLS7 - Felt good to jettison the Orange junk and move up to 2.2! :P

Questions:

• Can you change how many homescreens are running? I only use 3.
  • What are the new icons on the power strip widget? I think they're now (left to right) WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sim card?, google sync?, brightness.
  • How do you add the circular battery to the install zip? I unzipped both, put the files from clock into the main and zipped it again, but ClockworkMod aborted install with an error. Could it be made an app, or is it hardcoded to the system?
  • When RLS8 comes out, I should be fine not wiping data/cache? It's only moving up from 2.1 / switching to another rom maker that'd need it?

I can sync the facebook contact, But it doesn't merge with my google contact with same name, isn't it my problem only?

Same for me. I chose Sync only existing contacts. Maybe it's because all my contacts are synced from Google?

Guest 1immortal

i have a small question. as i understood, this rom is odexed, i don't really know that is the meaning of it, but i do know

that if i want to apply a fix for the Hebrew language for the normal right to left menus, it must be deodexed.

my question is this:

is there any way of deodexing the rom, or on the other way, can you maybe implement those fixes into your roms ?

Guest parrotle

Hey guys!

Just a short question about my ZTE Blade.

The notify LED is only blinking for ~1 minute after a missed call/SMS/whatever. Now I installed the Blink app and the LED is much better visible but still blinking only one minute. As far as I know the ZTE Blade shut off the power for the keys after one minute. Is there a chance to change this to get the notify LED working?

Nevertheless, JJ works fine (with some issues)!

Guest Autarch
RLS7
  • VPN menus enabled in Settings.
  • Added more PPP options in kernel (for VPN).

Did a RLS7 update on top of RLS6 and now PPTP VPN now works for me :D

Thanks!

Edited by Autarch

Guest Pierreism

@Jaffacakelover

the new icon is Mount/Unmount SD card. the sync is google/phone sync, but it's been there since launch!

Is there any way to get back the default power control widget without the SD card mount though? The option's inclusion makes the buttons a bit too small for my fingers!

Great ROM though that gives Modaco's Custom a run for it's money. Great work KK.

Guest targetbsp
The notify LED is only blinking for ~1 minute after a missed call/SMS/whatever. Now I installed the Blink app and the LED is much better visible but still blinking only one minute. As far as I know the ZTE Blade shut off the power for the keys after one minute. Is there a chance to change this to get the notify LED working?

use the app NoLed. This keeps the phone powered up when you have a missed event. This will obviously drain the battery faster than sleep mode but only when you have a missed notification. The moment you look at it - you'll be back to normal.