[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest targetbsp
Is there any way to get back the default power control widget without the SD card mount though? The option's inclusion makes the buttons a bit too small for my fingers!

Try the app widgetsoid. You put on exactly the buttons you want - and there's a lot to choose from. It's free.

The dialer on this rom seems to be preventing the phone from sleeping. I can turn the screen on using the front buttons and on the partial wake usage in spare parts. Dialer is highest with the bar at 60% and android system is 2nd highest with the bar at 10%. I tried disable/enabling turn to mute. But that still doesn't help.

Edited by ko0l

Please, can I have the gps_fix?

Just installed RLS6, don't want to loose my data and settings when isntslling RLS7. Or can I update safely?

Cheers

DM

Yes.

There is a new release now (RLS7 - the GPS issues have been resolved now). If you really want the GPS_Fix i have it on my SD Card, so i can upload it for you if worse comes to worse.

Just completed my first custom rom install with this, RLS7 - Felt good to jettison the Orange junk and move up to 2.2! :D

Questions:

• Can you change how many homescreens are running? I only use 3.
  • What are the new icons on the power strip widget? I think they're now (left to right) WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sim card?, google sync?, brightness.
  • How do you add the circular battery to the install zip? I unzipped both, put the files from clock into the main and zipped it again, but ClockworkMod aborted install with an error. Could it be made an app, or is it hardcoded to the system?
  • When RLS8 comes out, I should be fine not wiping data/cache? It's only moving up from 2.1 / switching to another rom maker that'd need it?

The "Sim card?" is actually data connection.

Guest sumdumguy

Anyone else noticed slight artifacts on icons when scrolling? especially evident on black backgrounds. Is the artifact fix in the driver for HWaccUI affecting this when using the standard software method?

Guest IronDoc
Same for me. I chose Sync only existing contacts. Maybe it's because all my contacts are synced from Google?

Me too, I chose sync all. Are we doing something wrong?

Guest AlphaVision
The dialer on this rom seems to be preventing the phone from sleeping. I can turn the screen on using the front buttons and on the partial wake usage in spare parts. Dialer is highest with the bar at 60% and android system is 2nd highest with the bar at 10%. I tried disable/enabling turn to mute. But that still doesn't help.

Can you try if this still happens when you disable sync, background data and wi-fi?

Just push it to /system/app

Worked fine. Nice find.

Just 2 things i have a problem with, i presume its a 2.2 problem rather than Jellyfish

1) When i call someone the screen turns off and becomes unresponsive so i cannot put the phone down or use the dial pad.

2) When using the gingerbread keyboard, say im typing a word the predictive text above the keyboard will show the word i want but i when i click it, it doesnt replace the word i am typing but adds the word to my already existing spelling (i hope you understand what i mean), so this renders the predictive text useless

Can anyone help?

Guest feckineejit

I'm using RLS7. I like using the htc_ime keyboard but i cant get the key press vibration to stop when typing with it, all the settings seem to be ok but it still vibrates, anyone else getting this?

Edited by feckineejit

Guest nonamer123
I like using the htc_ime keyboard but i cant get the key press vibration to stop when typing with it, all the settings seem to be ok but it still vibrates, anyone else getting this?

I use htc_ime too :D And i imported my settings from my rom before (no japanese) and i have vibration turned off :P

Perhaps you should look under "Sound & Vibrations" in htc_ime-settings

@elastico: I have flashed RLS7 since 1pm and i wrote since that about 20-30 sms B)

Edited by nonamer123

I had that too. could get rid of it with doing a factory reset.

Does anyone else get fc on "com.android.mms"?

This is not great at all, meaning that I can't write/read a sms. :D

what does this gps fix do exactly? I have RSL 6 and my gps does not get my position...

Please, can I have the gps_fix?

Just installed RLS6, don't want to loose my data and settings when isntslling RLS7. Or can I update safely?

Cheers

DM

Guest elastico
@elastico: I have flashed RLS7 since 1pm and i wrote since that about 20-30 sms :D

Ok thanks nonamer123, I guess my phone is the problem.

This is my first android phone and sometimes I get really sick and tired of all this flashing. All you do with the phone is to flash ROMs.

Guest oh!dougal
Ok thanks nonamer123, I guess my phone is the problem.

This is my first android phone and sometimes I get really sick and tired of all this flashing. All you do with the phone is to flash ROMs.

:D

If you choose to want "the very latest and greatest" you should expect that to be a constantly moving target!

Guest Frankish
Any framework changes Kallt? Also the test signing thing is totally fine with updates. Paul has been doing this in his alpha rom since maybe alpha 1! I've updated tons of apps and even got the new market on it. All seems fine we wouldn't be doing it otherwise :P

EDIT: I know services.jar has changed...

I'll answer that one myself then :D

No there seems to be no framework changes other than the obvious battery change.

Guest feckineejit
I use htc_ime too :D And i imported my settings from my rom before (no japanese) and i have vibration turned off :P

Perhaps you should look under "Sound & Vibrations" in htc_ime-settings

I have been to the setting, as i said everything seems ok but it still vibrates :-)

Since installing RLS6 yesterday I have had sync, wi-fi, all data connections disabled and had the same problem. I noticed that I had background data turned on. Make sure you have it turned off in the accounts and sync settings.

On a side note I've read that it is ok to install RLS7 over RLS6, but what is meant by that? Is it ok to just install straight from ClockworkMod and if so are all apps and settings retained or will I have to install or restore from backups again?

Guest heavyduty00
Since installing RLS6 yesterday I have had sync, wi-fi, all data connections disabled and had the same problem. I noticed that I had background data turned on. Make sure you have it turned off in the accounts and sync settings.

On a side note I've read that it is ok to install RLS7 over RLS6, but what is meant by that? Is it ok to just install straight from ClockworkMod and if so are all apps and settings retained or will I have to install or restore from backups again?

i think its fine to install straight from clockworkmod as if your installing a new rom, but you dont need to wipe..

i am going to try it now lol