[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

This time it worked, i added the update file, perhaps someone on Yesss needs it too ...

Thanks for that - I also have the Yesss Edition with the written problem - will try it today after the office.

Hallo,

i flashed my blade yesterday evening with JJ7 (per TPT). Worked fine, i was able to see the green letters during flashing on my swiss SF (TFT). But I can not find any settings for the ADW.Launcher.

I was searching at Homescreen, pressing Menu. I saw a lot settings on youtube-videos. Is it still ADW.Launcher?

gruß

gueschmid

Do you say that, not find the settings of ADW launcher? Press Menu and you wil see "Preferences" that will be. Sorry if i don't understand your question,my english isn't the best ;)

Guest Nimezis
I've installed RLS7 and I'm still having issues with GPS. If I choose navigate from the app drawer and search for a destination it just sits on "Searching for GPS..." it's been there for five minutes now. Any solution for this? I wiped before installing RLS6 but didn't bother between 6 and 7. I love the ROM but if I can't get the GPS feature working I'm sadly going to have to go back to Pauls 2.1 ROM ;).

Hi, GPS working smoothly on My Blade + RLS7, without any problems. I use Aura Sygic Mobile 2010

Guest gueschmid

No,

i do not have.

I have backgrounds, search, notification und settings (preferences) ; i have a german phone. But the settings/preferences are the normal android settings, nothing for ADW.LAuncher.

I can make a phote this evening.

Thanks

gueschmid

No,

i do not have.

I have backgrounds, search, notification und settings (preferences) ; i have a german phone. But the settings/preferences are the normal android settings, nothing for ADW.LAuncher.

I can make a phote this evening.

Thanks

gueschmid

I wrote menu buttom and preferences not menu settings and preferences ;)

Guest gueschmid

Yes, but in my phone it is the same.

If I press menu-button und chose preferences i go to the settings. NO ADW-Settings. Sorry.

Shoud I reflash?

gueschmid

Yes, but in my phone it is the same.

If I press menu-button und chose preferences i go to the settings. NO ADW-Settings. Sorry.

Shoud I reflash?

gueschmid

I think you use a stock launcher yet...So download Home switcher for froyo from Market and install adw launcher, after it Set Default ADW Launcher in Home Switcher than push the Home button... And you will see the Prefernces

Guest l_ninjo2
Mysterious E-mailconfig..

I set up e-mail with gmail and one imap account, everything is fine. Then I added hotmail.de via Exchange/EAS (sync calendar and contacts, push/1hour). First sync with Hotmail worked fine, but then the complete entry/account disapeared. What went wrong, my mistake? Tried it twice, same procedure. ;)

Any ideas?

OK. Got the same issue again. To train the accu, I let it run out of power. After reloading the accu and booting, my hotmailseetings were gone again.

Again my question: any ideas?

>>update>>so far i can see was this a issue, coming up with any powerdown under rls6. Now with rls7 it seems to be solved, even exchange2003 connection is running!

Edited by l_ninjo2

Guest gueschmid

I thought, ADW.Launcher is the build in Launcher in Jap. Jellyfish since r4!

Has r7 the stock launcher again? I have a Dock with Phone and Internet at the bottom of the Homescreens.

Thanks

Guest kallt_kaffe
Any framework changes Kallt? Also the test signing thing is totally fine with updates. Paul has been doing this in his alpha rom since maybe alpha 1! I've updated tons of apps and even got the new market on it. All seems fine we wouldn't be doing it otherwise ;)

I'll make some tests to see how it goes...

Hi,i'm your big fan,your rom is awesome. ;)

But,i think it's better if you can turn on Stagefright.

Stagefright is not broken,it's just so powerful,so it doubles the Quadrant Scores(in CPU h264 decord).

Play a large MP4 file you'll see that,it make move back&forward instant.

Without Stagefright,it takes 5-10 seconds to move back&forward.

I thought, ADW.Launcher is the build in Launcher in Jap. Jellyfish since r4!

Has r7 the stock launcher again? I have a Dock with Phone and Internet at the bottom of the Homescreens.

Thanks

Yes RLS7 come with stock launcher....

Edited by istnag

Guest fonix232
hi kallt kaffe,

thx for the nice release!

there's one problem though - the HOME button does NOT work!!!! what could cause that?

i have normal RLS7 install with truegingerbreadblack theme, no overclocking, no ahb,

launcher pro plus.

thx

The problem is, you did not read the themes readme... First, flash the system, let it set up by starting it, and just AFTER you can use it, flash the themes package from recovery. It'll fix those bugs.

Try this:

Navigate to /system folder with rootexplore and there is a build.prop file. Mount r/o and open build.prop in Text Editor with rootexpolre. In this file search this line:

debug.sf.hw=1 and change the 1 to 0 (null) i think it will work. Please do backup before use it.

I have a question too, Is it possible that i move the dalvik cache to sd card (in:RLS7)

THX

Well, if you mount as r/o, it will be read-only, you have to mount it as r/w what means read-write.

Dalvik cache isn't moved to the ext partition, but no need for that, it is faster to be accessed from the MTD partitions! I always say, move /data/app and /data/app-private to sd-ext, and leave /data/data and /data/dalvik-cache (and everything else related) on the /data partition.

Guest achoice

Running rls7, seeing "Cell stand by" at 48% during the night. Lost 15-20%-units over night in battery. Is this normal?

(wifi Off, 3g Telenor On)

Don't remember if it was same in rls6.

Thanx for good rom.

Running rls7, seeing "Cell stand by" at 48% during the night. Lost 15-20%-units over night in battery. Is this normal?

Thanx for good rom.

3G drains fast!

Guest AlphaVision
Hi, GPS working smoothly on My Blade + RLS7, without any problems. I use Aura Sygic Mobile 2010

GPS works basically, but not when you use it with the standard google navigation. It even works on google maps, but not in the google navigation. Just try the Navigation app and you will see

Edited by AlphaVision

Guest ztebladeuser

bah no signal at all here sat at work where i usually get at least 1 bar (poor signal area).

so no texts for me all day ;)

No-one else got the signal problem?? might have to flash back to ver 6.

The battery is weird in this one. The battery life itself is very good, but the percentage drops rather abnormally. For example, it stays on 85 percent for a while then suddenly drops to 74.

Also yes, signal could be better.

Thanx for good rom.

It isn't normally ;) Something was running in background all night i think. I put down the phone yesterday evening with 96% and today morning was 95%. Wifi off; 3G on...

Guest kallt_kaffe
i have a small question. as i understood, this rom is odexed, i don't really know that is the meaning of it, but i do know

that if i want to apply a fix for the Hebrew language for the normal right to left menus, it must be deodexed.

my question is this:

is there any way of deodexing the rom, or on the other way, can you maybe implement those fixes into your roms ?

No Blade roms are odexed afaik.

Guest kallt_kaffe
That doesn't happen. Both my rom and Pauls are resigned using the shared SDK key and Google apps work fine and update fine. You are only supposed to resign framework-res and core system apk files, not all files.

Paul wrote a quick script to do this easily. it's in the general Android section.

Great, thanks. I'll try that. Was a bit worried it would break something.