[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
It's been discussed a lot of times on the forum, don't want to hijack the thread but following a logic thinking, if the GPU works for the UI, it should use some more battery too. Why do you think that kallt_kaffe disabled it?

I did some GPU experimenting when trying to overclock it in the 2.1 kernel and the GPU and GPU MEM clocks are enabled when used and turned off when not used so yes, using the GPU to draw the UI should use more battery power. On the other hand I suppose it offloads the CPU, but I still think it's safe to assume the using the GPU for the UI uses more power.

Upgraded from RLS6 yesterday (with wipe) and this RLS7 version seems to be slightly sluggish compared to previous version. Tested with and without HW. Also Quadrant scores are slightly lower. FM Radio works but volume control doesn't affect volume level. Everything else seems to be in order, GPS works fine (tested with CardioTrainer).

Keep up the good work!

Guest fonix232
Great, thanks. I'll try that. Was a bit worried it would break something.

Kallt, I know it is a bit off-topic, but could you modify the kernel to include:

- USB Host function

- FM radio's si4709 driver instead of si4708 (to enable RDS)

?

I guess many of us would need these, as personally, I would like to have RDS and USB host too ;)

If you take it off the charger and leave it alone for couple of minutes and if it then will wake up when you press menu button then something is wrong but booting might help (helped me)

Bugger, then this isn't going to sleep.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I have a question too, Is it possible that i move the dalvik cache to sd card (in:RLS7)

Yes it should be. DTA2SD is built into the ROM so if you use it there is a command to also relocate the dalvik-cache. Never tried it though.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hallo,

i flashed my blade yesterday evening with JJ7 (per TPT). Worked fine, i was able to see the green letters during flashing on my swiss SF (TFT). But I can not find any settings for the ADW.Launcher.

I was searching at Homescreen, pressing Menu. I saw a lot settings on youtube-videos. Is it still ADW.Launcher?

gruß

gueschmid

No, it has only the default launcher. Install ADW (or any other launcher from Market).

Guest kallt_kaffe
The battery is weird in this one. The battery life itself is very good, but the percentage drops rather abnormally. For example, it stays on 85 percent for a while then suddenly drops to 74.

Also yes, signal could be better.

Battery reporting can be weird after flashing as the full and empty levels are unknown to the Android OS. After some usage it automaticly calibrate itselfs and shows more correct values.

Guest eucurto

Hi.

Installed RL7 and everything goes OK but i have a problem. I can connect to open Wifi hotspots but can't do it to protected ones, it tries to connect but disconnects immediately even before asking for the password.. Any help please? (don't want to go back to 2.1...)

Guest ztebladeuser

Any response on the signal issues kallt_kaffe? I'd love to continue using this rom if theres a fix available, but obviously its not much use to me as i cant receive text/phone calls at the minute ;)

Yeah, i went to sleep with 88%, wifi, data, sync off, 7 hours later, still at 88%.

Same here, with all data off it'll only eat few percentages per night

E: Also using 2g while not using data

Edited by Vepo

Hi,i'm your big fan,your rom is awesome. ;)

But,i think it's better if you can turn on Stagefright.

Stagefright is not broken,it's just so powerful,so it doubles the Quadrant Scores(in CPU h264 decord).

Play a large MP4 file you'll see that,it make move back&forward instant.

Without Stagefright,it takes 5-10 seconds to move back&forward.

I don't know if it's broken or not but at least it's nice to show 1100+ scores to a friend who has Galaxy S or Desire... No matter if the result is false or not.

But anyway, you can turn on Stagefright by editing build.prop.

Edited by HID45

Yes it should be. DTA2SD is built into the ROM so if you use it there is a command to also relocate the dalvik-cache. Never tried it though.

Thx the reply and the rom too...

i find the answer so in terminal emulator:

su

a2sd cachesd

It's simply if somebody want to use it...

Edited by istnag

Guest Rotmann
Hi,i'm your big fan,your rom is awesome. :)

But,i think it's better if you can turn on Stagefright.

Stagefright is not broken,it's just so powerful,so it doubles the Quadrant Scores(in CPU h264 decord).

Play a large MP4 file you'll see that,it make move back&forward instant.

Without Stagefright,it takes 5-10 seconds to move back&forward.

Stagefright is definitely broken. If you enable it it may help you in some situations like playing some games where you get an error (movie can not be played). What stops you from enabling it manually? It's a one minute work, look for build.prop edit on the forum for instructions.

I don't know if it's broken or not but at least it's nice to show 1100+ scores to a friend who has Galaxy S or Desire... No matter if the result is false or not.

But anyway, you can turn on Stagefright by editing build.prop.

The result is fake and stagefright is broken because when you enable it quadrant skips some tests. Showing your friends bigger scores does not bring you anything, childish stuff ;)

I did some GPU experimenting when trying to overclock it in the 2.1 kernel and the GPU and GPU MEM clocks are enabled when used and turned off when not used so yes, using the GPU to draw the UI should use more battery power. On the other hand I suppose it offloads the CPU, but I still think it's safe to assume the using the GPU for the UI uses more power.

Thanks for confirming this.

lost 1% battery over night with 3G, so no problems for me (but i have overclocked and modified my Blade, that it will run on 122MHz when screen off)

can anybody help me with the LED notifications? in 2.1 i got the notification through my "back" button (red flashing) when i got a sms or charged (full or charging)

yesterday i tried to calibrate my battery and there was no notification at all

to say it clearly another time, its not about the notification on the screen, but on the buttons

help would be appreciated, thx

Guest spaceguy
is there a fb sync update which people are talking about or is that already included in the .zip file?

It's included in the uppdated zip folder

Edited by spaceguy

Kallt, could you pleas provide a kernel with IPv6: Privacy Extensions enabled? The kernel does not use this by default, so every mobile can be identified in the net.

http://www.heise.de/netze/rfc/rfcs/rfc4941.shtml

https://www.codeaurora.org/git/projects/qrd...et/ipv6/Kconfig

or can you provide the source for the kernel you use and a link to a howto for compiling?

cheers

DM

Edited by dm666

sleep works just fine here

RLS7

phone goes to sleep after x time and wakes up pressing the power button

Strange. Mine definitely didn't. Battery drained 15% in less than one hour without usage and I could wake up the phone with the menu button. Did you wipe before upgrading to RLS7?

You've prob tried this..menu>settings>wireless & network>mobile networks>Data enabled checked ?

Thanks - I have ;).

I must be being really thick, and would appreciate being enlightened. I'm still getting the irritating "Connection Cannot be made" dialogue. I do have a working internet connection. I checked I was using the correct APN. Then, I hacked out all but the correct (T-Mobile, and just to be safe Orange too) APN settings from apns-conf.xml and rebooted, but it's still showing Virgin as an APN, when I go into the list of APNs.

What am I doing wrong? It's driving me bananas!

Anyone else? Otherwise, I'll give Pauls r7 a go.

Strange. Mine definitely didn't. Battery drained 15% in less than one hour without usage and I could wake up the phone with the menu button. Did you wipe before upgrading to RLS7?

Hum... something odd here... mine now seems to be sleeping - is it simply that the time-out for sleep is longer than on previous roms?

Edit: No it seems to be the dialer - after accessing it, it's now not sleeping.

Edited by cgk

Try this:

Navigate to /system folder with rootexplore and there is a build.prop file. Mount r/o and open build.prop in Text Editor with rootexpolre. In this file search this line:

debug.sf.hw=1 and change the 1 to 0 (null) i think it will work. Please do backup before use it.

Ah, thanks. Thought it was a little more complex. Anyway, I thought making an add-on to remove the hw ui. Do I need to sign the zip with the same key as the original or is my own testkey enough?

I am not sure whether I am the only one facing this or not.

I am using RLS6 right now, and after I launch the Camera or Skype app, the phone hangs and requires a boot cause the Task Manager can't even launch.

Any ideas why is this happening ?

Also, I am wondering whether the zips can be installed without ClockWorkMod cause I cannot get into the recovery partition for some unknown reason.

Guest fox2000

Hi, there's a thing I noticed in many RLSs and in many different ROMs also:

when I try to send a file from the Blade to my PC (running Ubuntu, don't know if it matters), it always fails with "connection error". When sending a file to another phone (Motorola v3xx), instead, it works.

Are you able to send any file from your Blade to your PC, with standard Bluetooth menus (i.e. without any specific app)?

Hum... something odd here... mine now seems to be sleeping - is it simply that the time-out for sleep is longer than on previous roms?

Edit: No it seems to be the dialer - after accessing it, it's now not sleeping.

Hum.. it's not the dialer... as far as I can see the problem is the time-out for sleep is quite long, after getting out the stopwatch and doing some tests, it does not seem to sleep in less than five minutes, however it is asleep after ten minutes. So it's sleeping sometime between 5 and 10 minutes...