[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest IronDoc
Hum.. it's not the dialer... as far as I can see the problem is the time-out for sleep is quite long, after getting out the stopwatch and doing some tests, it does not seem to sleep in less than five minutes, however it is asleep after ten minutes. So it's sleeping sometime between 5 and 10 minutes...

Doesn't explain why people are losing half their battery overnight. How have you ruled out dialer?

Doesn't explain why people are losing half their battery overnight. How have you ruled out dialer?

Well it's going to sleep at some time between 5-10 minutes, so whatever is causing the battery drain, it's not actually preventing the phone sleeping... also by rebooting the phone, the dialler is not active. I'll bring up the dialler and see if it will actually sleep in the same period.

Edited by cgk

Hi! Congratulations KK, great release as always.

I've tried every RLS since RLS2 and they are great, but in RLS6 and RLS7 I noticed the old Wifi waking problem. Sometimes (1 out of 10) my Blade won't connect to Wifi after I turn the screen on... My wifi is set to "sleep at screen off".

Did anyone else noticed this?

KK did you changed anything in the Wifi drivers on releases 6 and 7? New kernel maybe?

Should/Can I apply the Wifi fix available in other ROM's?

Regards.

Probably it is just me being plain stupid, but...

*I hear that RSL7 is rooted. At least the Superuser app is installed.

*I want to copy ContentsProvider.apk (with the facebook fix) from my SD card over the one in /system/apps/

*I need root privileges to do so, because of the files/folder permissions

*When I try to copy the file over (tried 3 filemangers!) the Superuser app should ask and grant me root privileges (automatically?)

...BUT it doesn't.

Where is my wrong presumption? Isn't it possible to just grant the file manager root privileges and update files on the phone itself?

I don't want to install it with Clockwork because I didn't install it for flashing the ROM. I used the seemingly simpler TPT method of flashing my phone.

Edited by _amano

Hmm. Isn't there a free market app that can do that?

I tried "File Manger" from Adao and the free version of the Astro file manager. Both let me just access and browse the files on /system/ but not overwrite them. And the stock filer app doesn't even let me browse /system/

(BTW, thanks for your reply)

Edited by _amano

Guest targetbsp

There's one called Super Manager, but whenever I try and do anything useful with it it told me I had to pay for the Pro version. So I gave up and bought Root Explorer cause it's much less cluttered and scrolls faster. Besides which I was using the non-root/free version of it as my file manager of choice already.

Guest targetbsp

Out of interest... is it possible to see how many people have downloaded a file on mediafile? I'm just curious to see how many people have downloaded circle battery vs number that have downloaded the rom. That seems a strange thing to be optional to me. How many people don't want to know how much battery they have left? :S

Guest ZTE Blade_
Out of interest... is it possible to see how many people have downloaded a file on mediafile? I'm just curious to see how many people have downloaded circle battery vs number that have downloaded the rom. That seems a strange thing to be optional to me. How many people don't want to know how much battery they have left? :S

believe it or not, most of us like the stock battery icon

My battery experiences: RLS5 was great - RLS7 isn't.

RLS5: 40h

RLS7: 14h (with UI acceleration)

My setup (for both releases):

- CPU and AHB overclocking

- using JuiceDefender, setCPU

- min CPU freq 122 MHz

- Autorun Killer only allows startup of: 3G Watchdog, AdFree, Alarm, Download-Manager, JuiceDefender, K-9 Mail, Contacts, NewsRob, SetCPU, Wiper App, doubleTwist,

- Gingerbread Theme

Display-Off:

- 320 MHz max CPU freq and conservative governor

- Data-On (3G)/Auto-Sync intervall every 30 min for 1min

- Wifi off

- Display-On: 691 MHz max CPU freq and on demand governor

- Wifi on at home location

Usage characteristics:

- 20 min phone call

- 20 min Web Browsing (Opera mobile)

- 10 min Facebook

- Standby

Any ideas? What's different?

(The phone is in real suspend mode (wake with power button) on both releases)

Edited by nobug

Guest checkup
My battery experiences: RLS5 was great - RLS7 isn't.

RLS5: 40h

RLS7: 14h (with UI acceleration)

That's about my experience too. Didn't have RLS5, but compared to RLS1, RLS7 has a problem.

On airplane mode, no problem. But on wifi/gsm/umts, the battery drains very fast.

At first i thought it is because of the wifi -sleep policy (always on), but when sitting in my car with

just gsm/BT-Audio, after 20 mins drive i lost about 8% battery.

Guest onkel2k
Hmm. Isn't there a free market app that can do that?

ES File Explorer can remount to rw. Unfortunately you (or at least I) have to deactivate and activate Root options every time you restart the app due to a bug

BTW Great work kallt_kaffe. Best rom i ever used.

That's about my experience too. Didn't have RLS5, but compared to RLS1, RLS7 has a problem.

On airplane mode, no problem. But on wifi/gsm/umts, the battery drains very fast.

At first i thought it is because of the wifi -sleep policy (always on), but when sitting in my car with

just gsm/BT-Audio, after 20 mins drive i lost about 8% battery.

Check PowerTutor for the power hog in your system! If you can't find any culprit, try to calibrate your battery.

I run 2G only except when I sync, HWacc UI enabled and I get between 3-5 days.

Guest leetron1
Yes it should be. DTA2SD is built into the ROM so if you use it there is a command to also relocate the dalvik-cache. Never tried it though.

Hi KK..what command do you use to relocate Dalvik, please?

Is it worth it & what are the downsides (cos there are always downsides!!)?

Thanks so much once again..

Guest Duarte Sousa

Testig RLS7 until now and i'm very happy with the rom... very fast, work's good, very nice..., I' just have one problem, google Map's wigest just disappear...and other wigest's of other's aplications...

Sorry my bad english but i'm from Portugal... ;-)

Well it's going to sleep at some time between 5-10 minutes, so whatever is causing the battery drain, it's not actually preventing the phone sleeping... also by rebooting the phone, the dialler is not active. I'll bring up the dialler and see if it will actually sleep in the same period.

OK, after trying it a few times, the phone will not sleep if the dialer is active, so it *does* seem to be the dialler...

Guest fonix232
Probably it is just me being plain stupid, but...

*I hear that RSL7 is rooted. At least the Superuser app is installed.

*I want to copy ContentsProvider.apk (with the facebook fix) from my SD card over the one in /system/apps/

*I need root privileges to do so, because of the files/folder permissions

*When I try to copy the file over (tried 3 filemangers!) the Superuser app should ask and grant me root privileges (automatically?)

...BUT it doesn't.

Where is my wrong presumption? Isn't it possible to just grant the file manager root privileges and update files on the phone itself?

I don't want to install it with Clockwork because I didn't install it for flashing the ROM. I used the seemingly simpler TPT method of flashing my phone.

Just install clockwork, it isn't bad ;) Or RA!

Tried restarting your phone after installation? Sometimes Superuser gets buggy and won't do anything, a restart helps this.

And, the easiest way to copy over is Rootexplorer!