[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest DaneelS

Many thanks for this ROM. I've just moved from Seb's 2.1 and like it a lot so far. I've installed the facebook sync fix but can't work out how to actually do the sync (search has proved fruitless). Can anyone help me out please?

Edit - Ok, so I found the sync option for fcebook in the account and sync options, but when I tap facebook, it jut goes back to the previous screen without doing anything. I did the fix update through RA Recovery and it seemed to work. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by DaneelS

Guest Pelemane
Many thanks for this ROM. I've just moved from Seb's 2.1 and like it a lot so far. I've installed the facebook sync fix but can't work out how to actually do the sync (search has proved fruitless). Can anyone help me out please?

When you sign in first time in facebook app then it asks if you want to sync your contacts.

After that you can find facebook sync from settings->Accounts & sync

Guest DaneelS
When you sign in first time in facebook app then it asks if you want to sync your contacts.

After that you can find facebook sync from settings->Accounts & sync

Strange, I got no such request. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app incase I missed it, but no joy. All I really want to do is import profile pictures for my contacts. I tried contact app but that failed to match any of my contacts (strange since many have identical names on my phone and on facebook).

Guest Pelemane
Strange, I got no such request. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app incase I missed it, but no joy. All I really want to do is import profile pictures for my contacts. I tried contact app but that failed to match any of my contacts (strange since many have identical names on my phone and on facebook).

Facebook fix isnt working then I guess. Try installing Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_facebook_sync_fix.zip again. If it doesnt help wipe and flash whole rom again.

Go to facebook app-> settings -> sync contacts first ;)

Edited by Pelemane

Guest Skillganon
Thanks again the quick answer.

Now, thats the problem: I can't see any notification there! I know it could be scrolled down. Nothing happens when I'm plug in the USB cable, it's just starts to charging. And yes, the stock ROM do the same as you mentioned...

And I tried it with an other PC eighter.

Installed those drivers, still not works. And my Windows don't see any new hardware.

Try this.

Go to Setting > Application > Development and make sure USB debugging is checked.

Enidroid working perfectly here. I have background data on because when I go to market it says that market does not work without background data and it have to be on to use market. But I haven't seen any problems because of background data so why not to keep it on?

After removing data and doing reinstall enidroid started working for me as well. So nothing wrong with the rom or the app, just some random problem.

Guest Garret.gr

Hi guys ;) Many thanks for this ROM, great job :)

Two questions:

1 - Plane mode isn't working when using widgets ( tried widgetoid + beautiful widgets ). I already read that some people reported that, but didn't see any fix / answers.

2 - The only way to get colors in the setting menu is to flash another ROM or could that be done with a theme?

Guest rufree2talk
Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (115.7Mb system) MD5: 933CC50FF749D0CA2A5BBF611AB57B19

Is it me or does this link lead to a file which is just 75 something Mb large and not 115.7Mb as mentioned by kallt_kaffe? Ofcourse the checksum is correct, so I am guessing it is just a typo on kallt_kaffe's behalf.

Is it me or does this link lead to a file which is just 75 something Mb large and not 115.7Mb as mentioned by kallt_kaffe? Ofcourse the checksum is correct, so I am guessing it is just a typo on kallt_kaffe's behalf.
I think he's referring to the size the system takes up when it's installed.

Guest EndruBoy
Try this.

Go to Setting > Application > Development and make sure USB debugging is checked.

Tried and USB debugging is already checked.

Any further tips?

It's a very annoying progblem, becaouse I haven't got a MicroSD card reader. And my PC don't recognise it even in flash mode (starting the phone with holding volume up). I don't want to reinstall and use the stock ROM but I think I have to...

Guest Ralph Martin

Its the size of the system on its partition, not the size of the zip file.

When I receive phone calls the number is shown and not the name from the Contact list.. Anybody else having this problem? What can I do to display the name? (running RLS7)

Does the phone show the names when you receive phonecalls?

Last night was the first night i ran with a simcard and battery indicator stayed on 61%, well pleased with the battery so far.

without having to read through 119 pages what does the files shown below do? I have downloaded the JJ7 overclocked and the standard 120mb file, but these bottom ones I am unsure about. Thanks

saunalahti_ril.zip ( 318.72K ) Number of downloads: 361

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_facebook_sync_fix.zip ( 158.5K ) Number of downloads: 587

yesss_v2.zip ( 374.13K ) Number of downloads: 139

without having to read through 119 pages what does the files shown below do? I have downloaded the JJ7 overclocked and the standard 120mb file, but these bottom ones I am unsure about. Thanks

saunalahti_ril.zip ( 318.72K ) Number of downloads: 361

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_facebook_sync_fix.zip ( 158.5K ) Number of downloads: 587

yesss_v2.zip ( 374.13K ) Number of downloads: 139

If you just read the first post..

"RIL libs for Saunalahti users to stop it from appearing to be roaming when it's not."

"Some phone companies "borrows" other companies networks and will show as roaming when it didn't with the stock ROM. In this case you need to replace libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with the versions from your stock 2.1 ROM. Updates attached for Saunalahti and Yesss."

These fixes are for Saunalahti and Yesss users.

Edit: And yeah, facebook_sync_fix title says all.

Edited by Hemosa

Tried and USB debugging is already checked.

Any further tips?

It's a very annoying progblem, becaouse I haven't got a MicroSD card reader. And my PC don't recognise it even in flash mode (starting the phone with holding volume up). I don't want to reinstall and use the stock ROM but I think I have to...

Make sure nothing else is accessing/locking the SD card - I noticed similar things with trying to connect while doing a Titanium backup.

Also are you sure the SD is working OK - can you see files on it through the phone itself, a the PCnd are details displayed in Settings - SD card....

PC not recognizing the device isn't related to the SD card, this is usually caused by incorrect drivers.

When you plug the the phone into the PC - does the PC detect that 'something' is being plugged in?

Are you definitely using a working USB cable, and not a 2 wire 'charge only' one.

Well after much hesitation I decided to flash my phone for the first time and apart from a few problems with drivers it was quite easy.

I'm loving this rom so far, much smoother and faster but i've encountered one small problem: I tried to send some .apk files from my comp to the phone with bluetooth it kept telling me that the phone could not process this file type (or words to that effect), is there some option i have to enable for this to work?

ASFAIK Bluetooth file copy doesn't work without using an additional app (Bluetooth File manager etc)

Edited by wadgel

Guest EndruBoy
Make sure nothing else is accessing/locking the SD card - I noticed similar things with trying to connect while doing a Titanium backup.

Also are you sure the SD is working OK - can you see files on it through the phone itself, a the PCnd are details displayed in Settings - SD card....

PC not recognizing the device isn't related to the SD card, this is usually caused by incorrect drivers.

When you plug the the phone into the PC - does the PC detect that 'something' is being plugged in?

Yes I'm sure that the SD card and my USB cabel is correct, because yesterday I have restored my stock ROM and it's worked fine with that.

I killed all application in my phone before plug in and still nothing.

My computer is not recognise any new harware. Even other PC's not.

Edit: Maybe it's something wrong with clockwork? What is for the 'mounts and storage' menu?

Edited by EndruBoy

Guest bitwelder

Thanks KK for another nice ROM!

I'm in the process of migrating from FF (RLS3) to JJ RLS 7, and going through all settings, and installing

only the apps I'm really using.

I noticed a small typo, while selecting 'Call Barring Settings' it shows 'Querrying status': one r too much ;)

Hi guys ;) Many thanks for this ROM, great job :)

Two questions:

1 - Plane mode isn't working when using widgets ( tried widgetoid + beautiful widgets ). I already read that some people reported that, but didn't see any fix / answers.

2 - The only way to get colors in the setting menu is to flash another ROM or could that be done with a theme?

Airplane mode works perfect for me. Using SwitchPro widget.

Guest Maringer

Reportedly, a soon-to-be-released version of Widgetsoid will fix the Airplane mode problem. This has been discussed in a thread a different thread on the board where somebody is using a fixed beta version he received after contacting the developer.

Guest kallt_kaffe
CONFIG_IPV6_PRIVACY is already compiled into the kernel, but I think it's not enabled by default. A quick bit of Googling suggests you can hack it with sysctl, either with something like the following, which I guess could be added to your init.rc (which itself needs to be built into boot.img)

Use /system/bin/userinit.sh for things like this. Much easier than rebuilding boot.img. I've taken the habit of adding a service to init.rc that runs /system/bin/userinit.sh. Makes modifications like this much more painless.

Guest kallt_kaffe
The number is what it occupies on /system when uncompressed and installed. The information is there for those who repartition.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Ok, here's the deal. I'm not reading everthing in this thread and my PM Inbox is full. I have to choose between reading everthing that happens here and continue develop the ROM so if you feel you've asked questions that isn't getting the proper attention, then you are propably right.

What I've done lately is that I've resigned the parts connected to the framework-res.apk and parts connectected to Contacts.apk with the AOSP platform certs. This after recommendations from Flibblsan, Paul and Frankish and with the help of an excellent script from Paul.

The reason for this is that it will be eaiser for Frankish (and other themers) to make compatible themes and it was needed to be able to make all the changes necessary to enable the dialpad in Contacts.apk.

The bad news is that with RLS8 everyone MUST wipe their data partition. RLS8 is not finished yet but I've uploaded a work-in-progress release which consists of the following:

RLS7 + facebook sync fix + Contacts.apk with standard dialer enabled (and SmartDialer.apk removed)

There's also an addon if you want to restore the RLS7 version of Contacts.apk and put the SmartDialer.apk back.

You can use the standard RLS7 addons with this release EXCEPT for the circle battery addon as it contains framework-res.apk signed with the old certs.

This release is for those who want to help testing that re-signing parts of the build didn't break anything and/or those who want to test if removing SmartDialer.apk really reduces battery usage. Everyone else could/should wait for RLS8.

Downloads

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5_smartdialer_addon.zip

DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE

(Most likely those who install this version and wipes now won't need to wipe when RLS8 is ready)

Dear kallt_kaffe,

Firstly thanks a lot for your great rom, work appreciated !

Ok i should get to the point, for some reason I cannot install ClockWorkMod and get it up running, is there any chance I can compile a TPT version with the hardware acceleration installed ?

Also, can I compile a TPT with other rom's Zip files ? (out of curiosity)

Best and Thanks,

Kavern

Ok, here's the deal. I'm not reading everthing in this thread and my PM Inbox is full. I have to choose between reading everthing that happens here and continue develop the ROM so if you feel you've asked questions that isn't getting the proper attention, then you are propably right.

What I've done lately is that I've resigned the parts connected to the framework-res.apk and parts connectected to Contacts.apk with the AOSP platform certs. This after recommendations from Flibblsan, Paul and Frankish and with the help of an excellent script from Paul.

The reason for this is that it will be eaiser for Frankish (and other themers) to make compatible themes and it was needed to be able to make all the changes necessary to enable the dialpad in Contacts.apk.

The bad news is that with RLS8 everyone MUST wipe their data partition. RLS8 is not finished yet but I've uploaded a work-in-progress release which consists of the following:

RLS7 + facebook sync fix + Contacts.apk with standard dialer enabled (and SmartDialer.apk removed)

There's also an addon if you want to restore the RLS7 version of Contacts.apk and put the SmartDialer.apk back.

You can use the standard RLS7 addons with this release EXCEPT for the circle battery addon as it contains framework-res.apk signed with the old certs.

This release is for those who want to help testing that re-signing parts of the build didn't break anything and/or those who want to test if removing SmartDialer.apk really reduces battery usage. Everyone else could/should wait for RLS8.

Downloads

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5_smartdialer_addon.zip

DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE

(Most likely those who install this version and wipes now won't need to wipe when RLS8 is ready)

Great work kaffe! ;)

Will try it out since I suffer from the Dialer preventing the phone from a good sleep :)

I also cannot find the "join-button" for trying to link the facebook contacts with the regular google contacts (I have flashed the facebook sync fix). I know you don't like/use facebook, but is that something you can look up? The join button should be found when you're editing a contact and pressing menu, but i only get "done" and "revert" as options when pressing menu.