[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Ok, here's the deal. I'm not reading everthing in this thread and my PM Inbox is full. I have to choose between reading everthing that happens here and continue develop the ROM so if you feel you've asked questions that isn't getting the proper attention, then you are propably right.

What I've done lately is that I've resigned the parts connected to the framework-res.apk and parts connectected to Contacts.apk with the AOSP platform certs. This after recommendations from Flibblsan, Paul and Frankish and with the help of an excellent script from Paul.

The reason for this is that it will be eaiser for Frankish (and other themers) to make compatible themes and it was needed to be able to make all the changes necessary to enable the dialpad in Contacts.apk.

The bad news is that with RLS8 everyone MUST wipe their data partition. RLS8 is not finished yet but I've uploaded a work-in-progress release which consists of the following:

RLS7 + facebook sync fix + Contacts.apk with standard dialer enabled (and SmartDialer.apk removed)

There's also an addon if you want to restore the RLS7 version of Contacts.apk and put the SmartDialer.apk back.

You can use the standard RLS7 addons with this release EXCEPT for the circle battery addon as it contains framework-res.apk signed with the old certs.

This release is for those who want to help testing that re-signing parts of the build didn't break anything and/or those who want to test if removing SmartDialer.apk really reduces battery usage. Everyone else could/should wait for RLS8.

Downloads

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5_smartdialer_addon.zip

DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE

(Most likely those who install this version and wipes now won't need to wipe when RLS8 is ready)

Kallt, thanks for your work!

Frans.

PS: can you explain in a few words (probably with the RLS8 release) what the reason is that a wipe is needed.

Guest Autarch
Use /system/bin/userinit.sh for things like this. Much easier than rebuilding boot.img. I've taken the habit of adding a service to init.rc that runs /system/bin/userinit.sh. Makes modifications like this much more painless.

Ah, that's makes lots more sense!

Guest fox2000
Hello, in RLS7 or 7.5 my bluetooth donĀ“t work. Sorry 4 that!

And in previous releases it used to work?

I am unable to make any file transfer between phone and PC... did it work for you?

(phone-phone transfer works, as well as phone connection to bluetooth car system)

ty ;)

Edited by fox2000

Guest fox2000
RLS7 + facebook sync fix + Contacts.apk with standard dialer enabled (and SmartDialer.apk removed)

There's also an addon if you want to restore the RLS7 version of Contacts.apk and put the SmartDialer.apk back.

That's because you want RLS8 to provide the standard dialer (the one without T9) by default, isn't it?

ty ;)

Hello, in RLS7 or 7.5 my bluetooth donĀ“t work. Sorry 4 that!

I just upgraded from RLS6 to RLS7 and BT works fine with me. Just paired with a headset it hadn't been exposed to before. No problem.

Using the headset also works.

Frans

That's because you want RLS8 to provide the standard dialer (the one without T9) by default, isn't it?

ty ;)

no i donĀ“t say nothing about , i install a clean rom and now works, RLS7.5

Guest Cloudmaster

I have RLS4 with new kernel. I want to update to RLS7. Do I have to wipe and instal RLS7 or can I just update the old release with the new one without wipe?

Guest ocirnes
I am unable to make any file transfer between phone and PC... did it work for you?

(phone-phone transfer works, as well as phone connection to bluetooth car system)

same here, phone to phone bluetooth connections work, but I can't get a working connection between my PC and my Blade

Guest macmatt43

Thanks kallt_kaffe for your great work! I am very impressed with JJ RLS7, especially with the speed it comes with!

I have a problem concerning contacts and sync (and I am not sure this is solely related to this ROM, but have a feeling it might be):

When I select who I want to send a sms to in the Messages app, all my contacts appear twice, although they are only stored on the SIM card, i.e. I haven't imported contacts from SIM to the phone!

Strangely, in the Contacts app, everything seems fine, i.e. when I select "Local contacts" in Display Settings no contacts appear and when I select "SIM Card contacts" all my contacts appear once. Also, when I select "All contacts" in these Display settings, everything appears once, as it should.

When I moved from FLB R6 to JJ RLS7 I did a wipe, and also after upgrading I was careful not to restore any contacts related stuff from Titanium.

Hence, I think there must be some kind of problem with the Messages app, as it shows something different than the Contacts app. (Or is this normal?)

Question: Does anyone have a fix for the above problem or has anyone experienced the same strange behaviour? Is there a way to "wipe" the list of people the messages app is displaying and start afresh?

A slightly different but related problem is that I have accidentally synced my google contacts manually once, and now these also appear in the list of people in the Messages app. I know I can hide these contacts in the Contacts app through Display Options, but is there a way to remove them permanently from the phone so they don't appear in the Messages app?

Any help on the two issues above would be very much appreciated.

Keep up the good work! I have never thought it possible to get so much performance out of my little SanFran!

Guest Blues003

It's a shame you cannot read our comments regarding the problems with this amazing ROM.

Here's a suggestion: to everyone who has trouble, we should create an unifying text-file regarding our issues with RLS7, with a short description of our trouble, how it happened, how/if it was solved. Then we could send it to the ROM creator, so it'd be easier for him to fix all that.

What do you guys think?

Guest DaneelS

I can't get bluetooth to pair with my headset either, it worked ok in Seb's 2.1. Mostly it can't even see the device nevermind pair with it! The blade sees my PC fine, but pairing doesn't seem to work, though that looks to be a windows driver issue.

Guest Cardyology

Hey guys, jsut to check in!

I have a white TFT Orange SF (unlocked on Giffgaff network)

Just upgraded from RLS6 to RLS7 (didnt feel 7.5 was nessecary) & it all went fine without a hitch.

Backed up Launcher pro homescreen -> Installed RLS7 -> Wiped data/cache -> Rebooted -> Installed Overclock patch -> wiped & rebooted -> installed HW UI patch -> wiped & rebooted -> re-installed Launcher Pro (plus) & restored homescreen/widgets ------> **all seems to be running fine, nice & quick & I have wifi/3g HSDPA working beautifully.

I;m reading that people are having bluetooth issues, I havent tried that yet.

All I have left to do is install Typoclock widget, flash the .zip that adds the "reboot" option to the power menu & flash the 2.3 keyboard & i'm rocking!

edit: & pick a nice theme! ;) :) :D

Thanks alot! Keep the udates coming & I'll keep singing your praises! I;ve had this phone for nearly 2 weeks now & since I got it, 3 of my friends have looked at your ROM/launcher pro & have bought them! Keep up the good work guys! xx

EDIT #2! - It already has the gingerbread keyboard! Is it included in RLS7 or is cos i flashed it while using RLS6 & its kept it? God knows, its awesome though.

Edited by Cardyology

Guest Sosimple

Thanks for this excellent Rom. I just installed it. This is my first custom rom I installed.

I have only one problem. With the original rom, I imported my contact list from sim card.

With this rom doesn't imported. I see something like 4 from 250 from sim card.

Any way to have my contact list to the phone? Thanks,

Guest IronDoc
It's a shame you cannot read our comments regarding the problems with this amazing ROM.

Here's a suggestion: to everyone who has trouble, we should create an unifying text-file regarding our issues with RLS7, with a short description of our trouble, how it happened, how/if it was solved. Then we could send it to the ROM creator, so it'd be easier for him to fix all that.

What do you guys think?

I think it might be worth creating a thread purely with bug reports in a standard format with no other posts whatsoever. At the moment it's only me and a couple others who've been reading this thread for enough time to answer questions, and I don't know enough to answer all the questions. One thing to reduce the number of posts:

If you have a problem, make a backup. Then wipe data and reinstall. If the problem is gone, then you can probably fix it through wiping data from relevant apps in Titanium.

Problem is it's a minority that actually read the first post properly and do a search before posting.

Im using R4 lite, is there a lite R7 of jellyfish?

thanks

RLS7 is lite, but you can always modify it yourself if you want, just open the zip and remove unwanted apps in /system/app and then just flash it. ;) As long as you're using clockwork resign is not needed.

EDIT: fixed factual error :)

Edited by pellen

Btw Kaffe, RLS7.5 is sleeping much better! Now the difference between "Running" and "Screen on" in Spare parts are only a few percent. Before I had ~40% running while screen on could be just a few percent.

RLS7 is not lite, but you can do it lite yourself, just open the zip and remove unwanted apps in /system/app and then just flash it. ;) As long as you're using clockwork resign is not needed.

I thought all releases are now lite so that they fit in the 128meg partition.

Guest Blues003
I think it might be worth creating a thread purely with bug reports in a standard format with no other posts whatsoever. At the moment it's only me and a couple others who've been reading this thread for enough time to answer questions, and I don't know enough to answer all the questions. One thing to reduce the number of posts:

If you have a problem, make a backup. Then wipe data and reinstall. If the problem is gone, then you can probably fix it through wiping data from relevant apps in Titanium.

Problem is it's a minority that actually read the first post properly and do a search before posting.

I agree. We should make a small team and have complaints gathered in a single thread. Maybe we could do that as soon as RLS8 is put out? We could make a list of all "complaints" made from RLS8 onwards. Complaints from other releases that disappeared would basically mean the new RLS8 does not have those problems.