[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Pelemane
I agree. We should make a small team and have complaints gathered in a single thread. Maybe we could do that as soon as RLS8 is put out? We could make a list of all "complaints" made from RLS8 onwards. Complaints from other releases that disappeared would basically mean the new RLS8 does not have those problems.

Great idea! I can try to help then ;)

Guest MrPuddington
I agree. We should make a small team and have complaints gathered in a single thread.

I would welcome a team, but maybe we should collect the bugs in a bug tracker? I am not quite sure where we stand with regards to open source - but at least the kernel is. So I think we could use one of the platforms out there: google code, sourceforge etc. Having a proper bug tracker makes it so much easier to keep up with the issues.

Guest Blues003
I would welcome a team, but maybe we should collect the bugs in a bug tracker? I am not quite sure where we stand with regards to open source - but at least the kernel is. So I think we could use one of the platforms out there: google code, sourceforge etc. Having a proper bug tracker makes it so much easier to keep up with the issues.

Well, I have no real knowledge regarding fixing bugs and whatnot. My idea was to create a quick-to-check guide, so it'd be easier to Kallt to fix the existing bugs. But if knowledgeable people want to take part in it, by all means, do! ;)

Guest bruschi
is it possible to get the android 2.1 keyboard back?

For me the gingnerbread keyboard is very nice and I would use it but it lags for me while the android 2.1 was perfect and slick

And the HTC_Ime keyboard looks tacky with all the cluttered rubbish on the keyboard lol!

would agree with this. had problems with the prediction too but sorted now

Edited by bruschi

Guest l_ninjo2

Still Exchange/Eas Probs, even in RSL7. 1st thought the issue is gon, but ......

great job and all the suff.... the guys already told you.

I got a special problem. Inside my e-mail config, all the exchange accounts dissapear! After a powercycle (or shutdown) the two accounts are gone! weg, away. The imap and the gmailaccount are still available. Is ther any chance to track/log this behavior? Do anyone ever heard of this?

Guest emdschi

Is it possible to create an update like the "yesss_v2.zip" attached in the first post, that replace libcm.so & libril-qc-1.so and works with bob in austria?

bob (232-11) is roaming in the "mobilkom austria" network (232-01).

Edited by emdschi

Guest JarousCZE

Thank you so much:)

It was my first changing the rom and it was really easy:) Now works like a charm:) No problem with wifi or bluetooth:)

I will propably enable hardware accellerated in few days, as I will see how it is working without it:)

Guest Garret.gr

Thanks for the help guys, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the new version of WIDGETSOID is on the market and the plane mode works just fine now ;)

Guest redandr
Hello, in RLS7 or 7.5 my bluetooth don´t work. Sorry 4 that!

Can't confirm this.

Actually, there was a pairing problem with PC if you initiate the pairing from your phone (when you want to type the pairing code on your Blade the keyboard just slides down), but if you initiate the pairing from your PC everything works fine.

Have also tested pairing with a bt-headset - no pairing code input was necessary.

Edited by redandr

Can't confirm this.

Actually, there was a pairing problem with PC if you initiate the pairing from your phone (when you want to type the pairing code on your Blade the keyboard just slides down), but if you initiate the pairing from your PC everything works fine.

Have also tested pairing with a bt-headset - no pairing code input was necessary.

No problems right now i make wipe and now are ok.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ok, here's the deal. I'm not reading everthing in this thread and my PM Inbox is full. I have to choose between reading everthing that happens here and continue develop the ROM so if you feel you've asked questions that isn't getting the proper attention, then you are propably right.

What I've done lately is that I've resigned the parts connected to the framework-res.apk and parts connectected to Contacts.apk with the AOSP platform certs. This after recommendations from Flibblsan, Paul and Frankish and with the help of an excellent script from Paul.

The reason for this is that it will be eaiser for Frankish (and other themers) to make compatible themes and it was needed to be able to make all the changes necessary to enable the dialpad in Contacts.apk.

The bad news is that with RLS8 everyone MUST wipe their data partition. RLS8 is not finished yet but I've uploaded a work-in-progress release which consists of the following:

RLS7 + facebook sync fix + Contacts.apk with standard dialer enabled (and SmartDialer.apk removed)

There's also an addon if you want to restore the RLS7 version of Contacts.apk and put the SmartDialer.apk back.

You can use the standard RLS7 addons with this release EXCEPT for the circle battery addon as it contains framework-res.apk signed with the old certs.

This release is for those who want to help testing that re-signing parts of the build didn't break anything and/or those who want to test if removing SmartDialer.apk really reduces battery usage. Everyone else could/should wait for RLS8.

Downloads

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5_smartdialer_addon.zip

DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE

(Most likely those who install this version and wipes now won't need to wipe when RLS8 is ready)

Here's an updated Contacts.apk for RLS7.5 where I've added some missing menu options when editing contacts, like "Join" that someone asked for. I believe it was useful for merging facebook contacts or something like that.

Contacts.zip

Here's an updated Contacts.apk for RLS7.5 where I've added some missing menu options when editing contacts, like "Join" that someone asked for. I believe it was useful for merging facebook contacts or something like that.

Now "New contact", "Delete contact" and "Join" show up along with the previously "Done" and "Revert"...but they don't work ;) Nothing happen when you click on either of the three new options.

Guest acolwill

R7 fixed the issue with Email.apk not being able to connect to any exchange server, however, when you try and open the program... it FC's :|

Just about to test 7.5

Is it the Dialer that's the cause? ;)

Atleast for me it is, just checked.

Edit: Also, no Google Voice Search (and says cant find it from market)

Edited by Quu

Guest l_ninjo2
R7 fixed the issue with Email.apk not being able to connect to any exchange server, however, when you try and open the program... it FC's :|

Just about to test 7.5

You've to accept all SSL-Certs.Try it with a hotmail account ( settings: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=704025).

I've no problems to connect to two different servers. Further you have to accept the Exchange Security requirements before connecting. But...on my device the Exchange accounts are disapeared after powecycling ;)((, this happens for a few times, even under RLS6.