[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Ralph Martin
Also, no Google Voice Search (and says cant find it from market)

Same here for me (maybe as I am in China right now)?

Anyway, it would be good for this to be built into the ROM if possible.

Guest kamalaggi

A couple of things I need help with.

Phone vibrates when person picks up phone when I'm calling. it also vibrates when I turn phone on/off.

Also is there anyway to change carrier name it says telefonica o2 UK limited in notification bar when it used to say o2-uk with 2.1

Thanks

yup, when Partial wake, the Dialer still use a lot ;)

In JJRLS7.5 I now have 11,5% running and 5% Screen on. The Dialer uses most "partial wake" but its a loooooot better than previous versions, then I usually had 40% running with the same 5% screen on.

Guest rapidone
Atleast for me it is, just checked.

Edit: Also, no Google Voice Search (and says cant find it from market)

Type in "sprachsuche" in the market. Then Google Voice Search appears... ;)

Guest paraselene
In JJRLS7.5 I now have 11,5% running and 5% Screen on. The Dialer uses most "partial wake" but its a loooooot better than previous versions, then I usually had 40% running with the same 5% screen on.

I used AHB overclock and hwui with setCPU screen off underclock to 245MHz, any of them has problem?

Guest mcfischsam
last version JJ RLS is 7 ...so why you are writting 7.5? is there something newer ?

7.5 is a test version Kallt posted 2 or 3 sites back in the thread. If you don't want to test things you should wait for RLS 8 he said.

Guest Ralph Martin
Type in "sprachsuche" in the market. Then Google Voice Search appears... ;)

Not in China it doesn't. And I wouldn't want to have to issue all my searches in German! :-) :-)

18 hours 18mins since phpone unplugged phone currently at 34% using JJ7

cell standby 48%

phone idle 47%

wi-fi 3%

are these stats good as it seems when the phone is in idle or standby it is eating the battery?

Edited by majnu

18 hours 18mins since phpone unplugged phone currently at 34% using JJ7

cell standby 48%

phone idle 47%

wi-fi 3%

are these stats good as it seems when the phone is in idle or standby it is eating the battery?

I was getting pretty much the same tbh fantastic rom though and it's great that there's people like kalt etc that do these roms but unfortunately i've swapped to the flb r6 instead for now purely as the battery life is so much better. Over night i only lost 1% on the battery with background data and 3g still switched on whereas on the jj rom i would lose 10% or more, if it wasn't for the battery drain i'd definately still be using this rom.

Guest IronDoc

What's a normal level for it? I guess that fact that it's not fixed means there's something lower level causing the issues. It seems odd it would be a partial fix though, has anyone else seen improved battery life?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Now "New contact", "Delete contact" and "Join" show up along with the previously "Done" and "Revert"...but they don't work ;) Nothing happen when you click on either of the three new options.

Try this one. At least the new options does stuff now. Not sure how the Join thing is supposed to work.

Contacts.zip

Guest paraselene
Try this one. At least the new options does stuff now. Not sure how the Join thing is supposed to work.

It says joined the contacts, but it doesn't join as all... ;)

Guest acolwill
You've to accept all SSL-Certs.Try it with a hotmail account ( settings: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=704025).

I've no problems to connect to two different servers. Further you have to accept the Exchange Security requirements before connecting. But...on my device the Exchange accounts are disapeared after powecycling ;)((, this happens for a few times, even under RLS6.

Been there, done that.

I don't have a hotmale account to test with, and I'm not about to create one to test.

The issue isn't with accepting of SSL certs, the client is not even bothering to contact the exchange server in the first place. I've verified this by watching my IIS server for incoming connections.

JJ7.5 works, however there is one caveat. You can't flash over JJ6 or JJ7, you have to wipe completely first :) Anything else causes Email.apk to FC with it bitching about databases whenever you open the damned thing.

E/Database( 1560): close() was never explicitly called on database '/data/data/com.android.email/databases/EmailProviderBody.db'

E/Database( 1560): android.database.sqlite.DatabaseObjectNotClosedException: Application did not close the cursor or database object that was opened here

Not an ideal situation, but that's the price you pay for bleeding edge rom development

Guest spaceguy

thanks again for this amazing rom kallt kaffe.

i did see that you do include arabic font in the rom, but i have this disturbing problem with the letters not connecting together when you write messages. is there a way to modify this?

Guest IronDoc
Been there, done that.

I don't have a hotmale account to test with, and I'm not about to create one to test.

The issue isn't with accepting of SSL certs, the client is not even bothering to contact the exchange server in the first place. I've verified this by watching my IIS server for incoming connections.

JJ7.5 works, however there is one caveat. You can't flash over JJ6 or JJ7, you have to wipe completely first ;) Anything else causes Email.apk to FC with it bitching about databases whenever you open the damned thing.

E/Database( 1560): close() was never explicitly called on database '/data/data/com.android.email/databases/EmailProviderBody.db'

E/Database( 1560): android.database.sqlite.DatabaseObjectNotClosedException: Application did not close the cursor or database object that was opened here

Not an ideal situation, but that's the price you pay for bleeding edge rom development

So wipe email with titanium...

Guest Xenon0816

Thanks again for your great rom kallt!

I just upgraded from rls3b with new kernel to rls 7 and everything seems to work fine by now...

Did not test rls 7.5 though...

Just install jab jelly rls 7.5, There the ZTE dialer is replaced with the AOSP one. But make sure that you WIPE your data.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/327...-tft/page/2360/

Ok, here's the deal. I'm not reading everthing in this thread and my PM Inbox is full. I have to choose between reading everthing that happens here and continue develop the ROM so if you feel you've asked questions that isn't getting the proper attention, then you are propably right.

What I've done lately is that I've resigned the parts connected to the framework-res.apk and parts connectected to Contacts.apk with the AOSP platform certs. This after recommendations from Flibblsan, Paul and Frankish and with the help of an excellent script from Paul.

The reason for this is that it will be eaiser for Frankish (and other themers) to make compatible themes and it was needed to be able to make all the changes necessary to enable the dialpad in Contacts.apk.

The bad news is that with RLS8 everyone MUST wipe their data partition. RLS8 is not finished yet but I've uploaded a work-in-progress release which consists of the following:

RLS7 + facebook sync fix + Contacts.apk with standard dialer enabled (and SmartDialer.apk removed)

There's also an addon if you want to restore the RLS7 version of Contacts.apk and put the SmartDialer.apk back.

You can use the standard RLS7 addons with this release EXCEPT for the circle battery addon as it contains framework-res.apk signed with the old certs.

This release is for those who want to help testing that re-signing parts of the build didn't break anything and/or those who want to test if removing SmartDialer.apk really reduces battery usage. Everyone else could/should wait for RLS8.

Downloads

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5.zip

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7.5_smartdialer_addon.zip

DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE

(Most likely those who install this version and wipes now won't need to wipe when RLS8 is ready)

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/327...-tft/page/2400/

Here's an updated Contacts.apk for RLS7.5 where I've added some missing menu options when editing contacts, like "Join" that someone asked for. I believe it was useful for merging facebook contacts or something like that.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/327...-tft/page/2420/

You have to download Contacts.zip there. Edited by _amano

Guest logigamer

hello

I got massage during any change in mobile settings

"Connection Cannot be made"
but everything is ok...

PS1 i did not change ANYTHING.

PS2 I see that this problem is not minor.

logigamer, Carlos: Can you confirm that with all three versions of Contacts.apk (stock 7.5 apk, update 1 and update 2 - see my quote above) have that issue? I think that kk could be intersted in this information...

Edited by _amano

Hi kallt_kaffe,

The MMS doesn't work for T-Mobile Hungary (RLS6 and 7 for sure, probably it never did), as it turns out, the APN settings are wrong. I took the settings from 2.1 and with those MMS is working. Could you please update the apns-conf.xml with these, if you time permits?

<apn carrier="T-Mobile NET GPRS" mcc="216" mnc="30" apn="internet" authtype="1" type="default,supl" />

<apn carrier="T-Mobile HU MMS" mcc="216" mnc="30" apn="mms" user="mms" password="mms" mmsc="http://mms.t-mobile.hu/servlets/mms" mmsproxy="212.051.126.010" mmsport="8080" type="mms" authtype="1" />

<apn carrier="T-Mobile HU" mcc="216" mnc="30" apn="wnw" authtype="1" type="default,supl" />

Thanks!