[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest James Seaward
Just started using rls5... there's no gmail email app. Contacts sync but no way to Access email..

I noticed the same thing but got around it by downloading Gmail from the market.

Could someone help with how to configure the launcher? I am used to ADW launcher but I used to be able to configure the settings by pressing 'Menu' in the home screen and selecting 'ADW Settings'. Doesn't seem to give me that option with this launcher.

Thanks,

James

Guest punkmilitia
Just got this Rom working on my OSF, I will see what it can do :D

Ok, review time now!

I rate it 8/10

This is my first Rom I have ever used so, bear with me on this.

It is by far better than the stock rom, I seem to have NO wifi problems,

it doesn't seem hugely faster than stock when playing SnesRoid, but definitely

better at handling apps and terminating them which gives you more cpu & ram

to play around with whichever app you have main focus on, so that's all good.

I have not noticed ANY problems at all with this custom rom, everything

seems to be working great ~ Did the Batter Reset thing so the battery doesn't

run out as fast, downloaded GMAIL app and I have seriously found NOTHING

at all wrong with this ROM.

1 Point deducted for not having a link to the guide to install this rom

another Point deducted for having to download Gmail myself (wasn't hard to do, just being picky)

Not much of a review, ROFL! but, there we go.

Thanks to Dev for this Rom, had no problems and look forward to your future updates :P

Guest sanfran1

I've just updated from RLS2 to RLS5 and it seems as though video playback has become 'jerkier'. Also after i flashed RLS5 I noticed it wasn't as fast as RLS2. Still a fast rom just not as fast.

Could you look into it? try and bring the newer releases up to speed.

Thanks for the roms, I apprecaite your hard work.

Guest JBSCARFACE

Tryed to play Asphalt 5 and got error Sorry, this video cannot be played???

But on RLS2lite and Pauls G2 that game runs fine.. Any fix fo that maybe drivers, codecs, player??

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Guest kidimon

Moved from rls3 to rls5 runs fine but when i go to contacts and select anyone i get force close ''the process android.preocess.acore has stoped '':D

So only way to call someone is from dialer :/

Edited by kidimon

Guest ddaniell

Just flashed the lastest rl5 with new kernel into a TFT Blade with (50% AHB bus overclocking)... until now Zero problems :D

Great One

Edited by ddaniell

Guest 2smart4class

i have weird problem with rls5... i cant sign in to app brain or hullomail.. only thing that i can sign into is gmail... furthermore, when trying to sign into appbrain i got a little message regarding cookies..?? argh im i alone on this one ppl?

Guest kidimon

sometimes TI backup and other apps freezes when asking for root right, have to go to task manager and kill it, and then try again :/

Edited by kidimon

sometimes TI backup and other apps freezes when asking for root right, have to go to task manager and kill it, and then try again :/

I've had that TI-problem with every rom i've tried, even stock rom.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Tryed to play Asphalt 5 and got error Sorry, this video cannot be played???

But on RLS2lite and Pauls G2 that game runs fine.. Any fix fo that maybe drivers, codecs, player??

Turn on the stagefright lines in build.prop (change false to true). That will enable the broken Stagefright video decoder. That enables some games to work that has videos that isn't playable with the old video decoder. They may just show a black screen where there should be video but at least it can make the game runnable.

Guest kallt_kaffe
- edit -

..and please put "gmail" back in the ROM

thx for that fine 2.2 Version

Gmail will be back in RLS6. Also RLS6 will have hardware GUI accelleration turned of and wifi scan interval changed from 15 to 180 seconds. Battery life on my phone with the will-be-RLS6 version seems quite good now.

Guest Remonli
Gmail will be back in RLS6. Also RLS6 will have hardware GUI accelleration turned of and wifi scan interval changed from 15 to 180 seconds. Battery life on my phone with the will-be-RLS6 version seems quite good now.

how to customize Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS5_image.zip ? I want to remove some app and add some new ones.

Guest killthatwha

I think you should create a small roadmap, since lets face it - you have created a brilliant ROM and with such frequent updates, a roadmap would be invaluable. :D Any word on when release 6 will arrive?

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Also RLS6 will have hardware GUI accelleration turned of and wifi scan interval changed from 15 to 180 seconds. Battery life on my phone with the will-be-RLS6 version seems quite good now.

I just tried these settings in build.prop and rebooted and battery life is the same as before it drops like a stone with the data connection or wifi enabled.

Gmail is available from the market, so it becomes wasted space on /system if there are ever any updates to it. Car home could be removed too.

Wifi seems more stable in rls5 than ever before. It hasn't dropped my connection since I updated yesterday.

Battery life seems fine too, after calibrating my battery. I think a lot of people aren't calibrating their battery after flashing & that is causing a lot of the battery problem.

What effect does enabling/disabling hw acceleration have?

Edited by wbaw

Decided to give R5 a try (coming from french fries r5).

It seems to work quite well. Time will tell if the random shutdowns that I had with FF are gone (I suspect wheresmydroid as cause, but not fully sure).

Only thing that I noticed was that I seem to have lost the capability to set a wallpaper from my picasa pictures (I get the pic, but not the rectangle to select it).

Setting a wallpaper from a pic I made with the cam does work.

Picasa pics also loose quality quite quick when zoomed in.

Neverthelesss, all in all a very impressive piece of work.

kallt_kaffe, Respect!

The picasa issue got fixed after installing gmail.

Apparently it shared its account details with gmail and what I was seeing was just some cached thumbs.

Frans

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Battery life seems fine too, after calibrating my battery. I think a lot of people aren't calibrating their battery after flashing & that is causing a lot of the battery problem.

I have calibrated my battery twice since flashing RLS5.

As i said yesterday with Wifi and Mobile Data turned off the battery will go 3 or 4 days on a single charge but as soon as i turn either of them on you see the battery drop 1% every 1 or 2 minutes, this doesn't happen with the other Froyo roms i have tried.

It doesn't bother me a great deal as i charge my phone every night anyway but that's not the point, it can't be good for the battery being drained so fast all the time.

My phone used 30% of the battery overnight with Mobile Data enabled and in sleep mode, with Wifi/Mobile Data off it uses 2-5% overnight.

Edited by NightSt@lk3r

Guest vareBlade
I have calibrated my battery twice since flashing RLS5.

As i said yesterday with Wifi and Mobile Data turned off the battery will go 3 or 4 days on a single charge but as soon as i turn either of them on you see the battery drop 1% every 1 or 2 minutes, this doesn't happen with the other Froyo roms i have tried.

It doesn't bother me a great deal as i charge my phone every night anyway but that's not the point, it can't be good for the battery being drained so fast all the time.

My battery reduces same way with either wifi or mobile data. Im using the stock rom i got with my greek version of ZTE Blade.

Guest athe0s

Am I really the only one with this weird SIM glitch? Every now and then the phone loses the SIM card and I have to re-enter my PIN code. This didn't happen on stock ROM or JJRLS4. Saunalahti_ril.zip installed, could it be because of that?

Power issue: one cause

I've upgraded yesterday, and this morning my power was at 13 %, while it was probably around 80 when I went to sleep.

spare parts told me the phone has not gone to sleep for 14 hours :-( although I normally uo use advanced task killer (ATK) to kill running background takss before I go to sleep.

Peeking at the system wiith ATK showed me that FM radio was running (I started that after upgrading yesterday but did not connect the headset).

I killed it with ATK, started ATK a little bit later and it was still gone, but peeking at it a little bit later showed that the dreaded radio was there again.

A reboot seems to have cured the problem.

Frans

Revisiting this: after rebooting it seems my SF still does not want to go to sleep.

If I press the top button the screen turns dark, but I can still wake it with the menu button.

Note that I do have both JJ and the speed upgrade installed. Didn't play with the speed though (no idea how do do).

Also didn't reset my battery stats (no idea on that either).

Edited by eFfeM