Next Wednesday,We will get a perfect ROM.

Guest Weird Sun

Guest JBSCARFACE
Wednesday, 9:36 am.

I think shops is open now big sale in china everyday ! :unsure:

Wake up m8 (Weird Sun) time to go shopping B)

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Guest kidimon

Im just curious When ZTE/Google gonna release 2.2 European ROM, where it is gonna appear? On zte website or somewhere elese?

P.S. I have tried nearly every ROM, both Eclair and Froyo and only one had screen problems (didnt wake up from screen timeout) and it didnt matter, is it TFT or OLED ROM (I have TFT screen) :unsure:

I guess, filing ZTE is not a very good idea.

1, They made a very good phone for a very good price, btw, with a rather usable stock rom.

2, This phone is easy to root, mod, etc., so it is definitely a community-friendly phone, let's compare it to Galaxy 3 or Xperia series or whichever you want.

3, They already released 2.1 source

So it seems that however they do their things a little bit sloopy, at the end of the day we can be happy with this device.

Filing them is a very drastic step, and I quess, it will not serve the interest of the community.

In one of the topics here I read that they are planning to release the source as a new year present :unsure:

None of that matters, because ZTE didn't write the vast majority of the software on the phone. If they don't release the source, they're ripping off the community of developers that did the work for them & distributing a phone based on pirate software. It is illegal for them not to release their kernel source to anybody with a binary copy (ie a phone) that asks for it.

Im just curious When ZTE/Google gonna release 2.2 European ROM, where it is gonna appear? On zte website or somewhere elese?
I also have been looking this information...

Guest samjam
Could simply be a case of slowing *us* down hehe.

If they've Googled "ZTE Blade" at all then they know about this forum and the work people have been doing. Maybe they just want to ensure their big corporate customers get the shiny 2.2 headlines first and their release isn't overshadowed by better ROMs already being widely available before they launch :unsure:

I have faith that they'll release the source code fairly soon, they have done with the previous versions.

yeah... they will also see a bunch of customer loyal to ZTE and not loyal to ZTE corporate customers. If they want to make a break for their own strong brand identity like HTC, they may see this as a good thing.

Next Wednesday or Wednesday after next Wednesday then?? :unsure:

The latest update for the source is the 7th so unless things have slipped again it should be out by then.

Guest gusthy
None of that matters, because ZTE didn't write the vast majority of the software on the phone. If they don't release the source, they're ripping off the community of developers that did the work for them & distributing a phone based on pirate software. It is illegal for them not to release their kernel source to anybody with a binary copy (ie a phone) that asks for it.

I don't think they do not want to release it, I guess they do it slowly.

Sure, they didn't write most of the software, and that's why the stock ROM is quite good-it is almost clean AOSP.

Again, currently I don't see any reason to shape up to them currently.

Guest jurrasstoil

tbh, i don't really see why they are not releasing the kernel source as soon as possible.

i mean, it doesn't hurt anyone - quite the opposite in fact. Better and more stable roms available mean that more people will buy the blade.

Guest gusthy
tbh, i don't really see why they are not releasing the kernel source as soon as possible.

i mean, it doesn't hurt anyone - quite the opposite in fact. Better and more stable roms available mean that more people will buy the blade.

Sure, but publishing source code is something like showing your bedroom to somebody who is not really close to you.

If their code modifications are not really elegant, they don't like doing it. But I belive they will do it.

They promised by 7.january, so let's wait until that.