[WIP] MIUI Porting

Guest fonix232

Guest Matty-p
/system/bin/sh permission denied and then reboots into recovery, tried with different boot.img

Was the perm issue with my kernel and rom cos that's real easy to fix

Guest x.balli.x

matty you need to fix the permissions, boot.img and system.img both are from yours.......i don't know how to fix that.....i googled it and came up with something like 'chmod 4775' but problem is i don't have access to adb, it restarts, and adb be isnot even working in CMW......so pleaseeeeeeeeee :D

Edit : btw when i fonix system.img it gives the error ' /system/bin/sh- no such directory' i tried his rom with your boot.img but didnt work

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest IronDoc
matty you need to fix the permissions, boot.img and system.img both are from yours.......i don't know how to fix that.....i googled it and came up with something like 'chmod 4775' but problem is i don't have access to adb, it restarts, and adb be isnot even working in CMW......so pleaseeeeeeeeee :D

Edit : btw when i fonix system.img it gives the error ' /system/bin/sh- no such directory' i tried his rom with your boot.img but didnt work

Would 'fix permissions' in CWM work?

Guest x.balli.x

nope

Edit : sorry my bad, actually fix permissions in CMW did work and it gave me shell access......then i give these commands

adb shell

chmod 4775 /system/bin/sh

and then it showed the above message again 'chmod 4775 /system/bin/sh' i guess it was accepted

but when you restart, the permissions are restarted too, so that is causing the problem ,anyone knows how to fix these?

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest dmxpowa
nope

Edit : sorry my bad, actually fix permissions in CMW did work and it gave me shell access......then i give these commands

adb shell

chmod 4775 /system/bin/sh

and then it showed the above message again 'chmod 4775 /system/bin/sh' i guess it was accepted

but when you restart, the permissions are restarted too, so that is causing the problem ,anyone knows how to fix these?

you gotta mount /system first in CWM cause its not mounted by default.

Guest Matty-p

Allright its my birthday today so will be busy but will look at permissions in my rom tomorrow

if anyone can beat me to it I've uploaded my rom and your welcome to try other wise it will be tommarow night

Guest fonix232

Got a bit further on the official MIUI one, it is kinda booting now!

So what I've done:

- Downloaded latest build (1.2.11 official chinese deodexed and N1 language pack)

- Added proper libraries

- Replaced kernel with Tom's CM6.1 beta2 one

- Modded for WiFi, RIL, audio, etc

What I currently get:

- Device boots

- USB ADBD started

- No proper logcat execution

- Phone reboots to recovery

And I guess it is because of ARMv7 binaries instead of ARMv6. Any way to convert every binary into ARMv6 from ARMv7?

Guest x.balli.x
Got a bit further on the official MIUI one, it is kinda booting now!

So what I've done:

- Downloaded latest build (1.2.11 official chinese deodexed and N1 language pack)

- Added proper libraries

- Replaced kernel with Tom's CM6.1 beta2 one

- Modded for WiFi, RIL, audio, etc

What I currently get:

- Device boots

- USB ADBD started

- No proper logcat execution

- Phone reboots to recovery

And I guess it is because of ARMv7 binaries instead of ARMv6. Any way to convert every binary into ARMv6 from ARMv7?

am getting the same issue with Matty's build , keep me updated, am not a pro but will try to look into it

btw, if you run the DDM it give you one line which is 'exec /system/bin/sh - permission denied (13) ' is it becuase of binaries?

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest fonix232
am getting the same issue with Matty's build , keep me updated, am not a pro but will try to look into it

btw, if you run the DDM it give you one line which is 'exec /system/bin/sh - permission denied (13) ' is it becuase of binaries?

Nope, I got a "logcat was started successfully" message and some weird characters.

Replaced all binaries and libraries with CM6 ones, now I get a logcat, but such as on CM7 beta2, a lot of linking errors, and then a bootloop of these.

Guest fonix232
fonix - when ?

Sorry, looks like today isn't my day :S

I had really no time, I am working hard to fix some stuff on CM7... but you can easily achieve what I've tried so far, just delete everything from /system/bin and /system/lib in the MIUI ROM, and copy these folders over from the CM6 one.

Guest Matty-p
Sorry, looks like today isn't my day :S

I had really no time, I am working hard to fix some stuff on CM7... but you can easily achieve what I've tried so far, just delete everything from /system/bin and /system/lib in the MIUI ROM, and copy these folders over from the CM6 one.

did that couple of days ago is that all youve done?

Guest fonix232
did that couple of days ago is that all youve done?

Those were the final steps I've tried, and what resulted an even booting phone. All the others failed at boot or to boot (at boot - not even the bootloader image was loaded, to boot - continuous bootloop at the green droid).

Guest Matty-p
Those were the final steps I've tried, and what resulted an even booting phone. All the others failed at boot or to boot (at boot - not even the bootloader image was loaded, to boot - continuous bootloop at the green droid).

yea i know , since then ive sorted (mainly) the framework-res and tried a few outher things but i think porting over libs or modifying the cm6 ones is gunna be the only real way around this and that will take forever

Guest fonix232
yea i know , since then ive sorted (mainly) the framework-res and tried a few outher things but i think porting over libs or modifying the cm6 ones is gunna be the only real way around this and that will take forever

Well you could try just deleting apps and framework from CM6, adding them from MIUI (english versions too), and ofcourse the media folder, that contains the themes, etc. This combo should work although I have no time to do it myself :S

Guest Matty-p
Well you could try just deleting apps and framework from CM6, adding them from MIUI (english versions too), and ofcourse the media folder, that contains the themes, etc. This combo should work although I have no time to do it myself :S

gimie a min and i will but im not holding out much hope for a start frameworks would at least need editing

Guest fonix232
gimie a min and i will but im not holding out much hope for a start frameworks would at least need editing

Why would they? They are stock, nothing was added to them :D Just like the N1 framework :D

Guest fonix232
certianly fw-res and the java file 'framework' and maybe one outher

fw-res? The MIUI ROM is for the Nexus One what has the exact same resolution, HDPI! Nothing should be edited! Maybe sound and hardware management, but that could be fixed on native level :D