[WIP] MIUI Porting

Guest fonix232

Guest Matty-p
Well you could try just deleting apps and framework from CM6, adding them from MIUI (english versions too), and ofcourse the media folder, that contains the themes, etc. This combo should work although I have no time to do it myself :S

dosen't work

Guest Matty-p
fw-res? The MIUI ROM is for the Nexus One what has the exact same resolution, HDPI! Nothing should be edited! Maybe sound and hardware management, but that could be fixed on native level :D

fw res still needs changing mate its not just about the resotution!. exapmle frankish makes three differnt ports of a given fw-res for the blade for the three main roms for the blade (all same res)

besides the java framework definatly needed the changes i made to it and it still dosen't work properly with or without all those changes

Guest Matty-p
Oh, okay, resources! I thought you meant framework resolution :D

What is working BTW? Does it boot?

oh yea sorry shorterned it

my latest build boots then loops atm

Guest fonix232
oh yea sorry shorterned it

my latest build boots then loops atm

Any logcat of it? That would help filtering the problem :D

Note: use DDMS. It is in the /sdk/tools folder! Has a lot of filters, so you only have to watch out for red and orange lines!

Guest macrules
give it some time, everyone is working with CM7 this is the least of there worries

Good news: the next MIUI will be base on 2.3 , 2.3.3 if I am correct.

CM7 is on 2.3.3 too if I am correct, so let's hope porting MIUI will be easier!

I hope any1 here will be able to port it :(.

Guest fonix232

Bad news :S

The theme engine of MIUI relies on a few modified libraries... And thus they are being ARMv7, I can't get them to run on our Blade. So no MIUI port for now!

Guest brookergray
Bad news :S

The theme engine of MIUI relies on a few modified libraries... And thus they are being ARMv7, I can't get them to run on our Blade. So no MIUI port for now!

Can't we just omit the theme engine?