[WIP] MIUI Porting

Guest fonix232

Guest mannas
has any progress been made on this rom. i would love to see miui on our phones

forget it! no one will work on ports because we don't have the same cpu as the phones with the same resolution

Guest mannas
Ah crap, haven't read the whole thing. Too bad.

but maybe they don't stop on the framework port and after porting the framework they port the whole rom but that is big maybe...

Edited by mannas

Guest Matty-p
but maybe they don't stop on the framework port and after porting the framework they port the whole rom but that is big maybe...

yup this is just really a bit of miui ported that effectively is a miui theme - the same as the miui framework and other stuff - miui look a like theme i made many many months ago...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tonydl
Hows the project going?

Not at all. MIUI is not supported for ARMv6 phones and it's not likely that there will be a port.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest onejay

but it is possible using a base rom these guys are doing it and it looks like its gunna work,

this one is a wip port to lg p500 arm 11

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1160925

this one is greenmods

samsong galaxy 3 armv6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1032550&page=13

why is it impossible?

it is difficult but not impossible!

all everybody is is interested is the cool user interface the feel of it the different look of the icons and that sweet notification menu,

NO ONE WILL DO IT BECAUSE ITS HARD

POSSIBLE END OF!

i think it will get done just everybody needs to collaborate n work together on this project,

i would donate £20 to whoever succeeds! and im sure a lot of others would too

Guest k0zmic

The first one you linked to doesn't boot yet.

Edit: Correction, the latest version doesn't boot but it seems to have done before.

The Galaxy 3 has a different processor which would probably mean it can't really be used as a base without modifying the files to work with our processor. The resolution is also different which means things would need to be resized etc.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest onejay

it does boot

none of these phone are supposed to be compatible with miui

these guys are being positive about it and atleast trying to mash a rom together, all ive heard is its not possible, its not supported by miui, it wouldnt work,

it would if somebody actually tryed it!

everybody knows some people here got talent its worth it

im up for testing and stuff

cant do all the lib and smali stuff but i can do apks

i think its booting but just force closes and errors he's working on it, looks positive,

Edited by onejay

Guest onejay

as far as i know arm 11 is armv6 i think youll haveto swap out most of the libs and the ril, remove most of the apps just start with the basics,

the framework-res.apk, framework.jar systemui.apk the launcher, etc

we'd need a good base rom like acer liquid, or desire, or samsung vibrant,

Edited by onejay

There is no real porting project, only people begging for somebody else to do it for them, it's been like that for 8 months as far as I can tell. Fonix had a go & gave up, I think that's as close as anyone got. Nobody who knows how to do it cares about MIUI & the people that do want MIUI are too lazy to learn how to do it for themselves.

Edited by wbaw

Guest wishmasterf

There is no real porting project, only people begging for somebody else to do it for them, it's been like that for 8 months as far as I can tell. Fonix had a go & gave up, I think that's as close as anyone got. Nobody who knows how to do it cares about MIUI & the people that do want MIUI are too lazy to learn how to do it for themselves.

Ok thanks for your answer. It seems that fully porting is not possible because some parts of miui are closed source and compiled for armv7 only.

Closest you could get, realistically, is a MIUI style CM7 theme, unless the MIUI team decide to officially support the Blade, or at least another arm6 device, because it's closed source. Unofficial ports are only really possible on arm7 devices, because that's what it's compiled for & we can't recompile it, because we don't have the source code.

It might be possible to get some parts of it working, with a hell of a lot of hard work & a few geniuses, but the arm6 & arm7 difference makes it hard enough that nobody wants to bother. I don't rate the P500 or Galaxy 3 ports as having a high chance of success.

Edited by wbaw

Guest ThermalDroid

Guys just give up and stop posting, if you must have MIUI go get an X5 or a Defy. X5 has an unofficial port while the Defy has both a beta and a stable.

Guest t0mm13b

Guys just give up and stop posting, if you must have MIUI go get an X5 or a Defy. X5 has an unofficial port while the Defy has both a beta and a stable.

Amen to that.... :D

Now last thing needed - Lock this thread to stop others posting "When will it be ported" or "What's the project status"... :rolleyes:

Quite frankly this thread should be consigned to /dev/null and be forgotten! :)

Guest k0zmic

Amen to that.... :D

Now last thing needed - Lock this thread to stop others posting "When will it be ported" or "What's the project status"... :rolleyes:

Quite frankly this thread should be consigned to /dev/null and be forgotten! :)

Can't agree more.