[WIP] MIUI Porting

Guest fonix232

Guest Matty-p
I'm still trying with other recoveries and settings... If I get it to install I'll let you know :P

cool btw are are you using the kernel from inside the zip or from deirectly attached to my post ??

Guest Russell Crawford
cool btw are are you using the kernel from inside the zip or from deirectly attached to my post ??

Inside the zip, are they different?

Guest Russell Crawford

If I sign the zip with testkey it fails verification with error 0 and if I dont sign the zip we get the wrong digest error. How can we remove it and hopefully get it to boot?

Guest macrules
That phone seems able to do everything :P

I've decided that my next device will be one with excellent dev support (Like the Desire or Nexus or HD2)

I really want to see how MIUI scales on the blade

the JJ R9 rom works like a charm.

MIUI is based on CM6, which is being ported by Tom G now.

Since Froyo works like a charm on this, MIUI will run smooth.

I only miss Flash support?

Guest macrules
I had various problems, Status 6, Status 7, Status 0, Status 3, rebuilt the whole stuff a lot of times.

Thank you very much for working on this.

Would working from the JJ9 build make it easier maybe?

If I can do anything to help, please let me know :P.

Keep up the good work! We will love you even more if MIUI is running on the Blade :D

Guest fonix232
Same error "Wrong digest: system/lib/libsurfaceflinger.so" tried all 3 kernels

As said, try disabling the signature verification, I haven't deleted the signature certificate, but replaced a lot of libraries (including libsurfaceflinger to have proper screen orientation), that's why you get the wrong digest message (it means, that the checksum of the file does not match the one in the certificate). You can try deleting all FILES inside /META-INF (not any folders, just the three files!!!!!!!!!!!!) and installing after that.

Matty thank you, looks like it isn't the kernel, but something else. And, only for this ROM, none else did such. Not compression problems (used DSIXDA's kitchen for packaging), not kernel problem (three different kernel, none worked), but something else.

Guest fonix232
Thank you very much for working on this.

Would working from the JJ9 build make it easier maybe?

If I can do anything to help, please let me know :P.

Keep up the good work! We will love you even more if MIUI is running on the Blade :D

It would be harder.

MIUI is built upon CM6, so we have to use CM6 libraries and binaries built for Blade, and such.

Guest Russell Crawford
As said, try disabling the signature verification, I haven't deleted the signature certificate, but replaced a lot of libraries (including libsurfaceflinger to have proper screen orientation), that's why you get the wrong digest message (it means, that the checksum of the file does not match the one in the certificate). You can try deleting all FILES inside /META-INF (not any folders, just the three files!!!!!!!!!!!!) and installing after that.

Tried disabling signature verification, it results in error 0, Ill delete the files from MERA-INF and see if it installs now

Guest Russell Crawford
Tried disabling signature verification, it results in error 0, Ill delete the files from MERA-INF and see if it installs now

Deleted the files from META-INF and signed zip fails verification, unsigned zip says "No signature (625 files)"

EDIT: Disabling signature verifications results in error 0

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Russell Crawford

Guest muluman
Deleted the files from META-INF and signed zip fails verification, unsigned zip says "No signature (625 files)"

EDIT: Disabling signature verifications results in error 0

Any other suggestions?

Would it help at all if you were to replace the libsurfaceflinger.so with one from another rom?

Guest muluman

Hmm I replaced a couple of files and it recognised the rom as an update zip which wasnt much good. But I think that the file was an update zip sort of rom even before I replaced some files, but im not sure...

Hmm I replaced a couple of files and it recognised the rom as an update zip which wasnt much good. But I think that the file was an update zip sort of rom even before I replaced some files, but im not sure...

So you got it running?