[THEMES]For Japanese Jelly RLS9+ *Gingerbread Theme!*

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish
anyone tested these on RLS6 ? (dunno if kallt_kaffe made any framework changes or not.)

Just one page back this is answered. Yes they work no he didn't make framework changes. In kallte's thread i uploaded RLS6 test signed. And i'm currently updating all themes to be test signed. This means Nandroid works as normal with themes installed.

Guest Frankish

All themes updated. Now test signed. This means nothing unless you flash the Japanese Jellyfish RLS6 test signed rom i uploaded a few pages back.

The purpose of test signing is that themes can be added to the .zip before flashing a rom, Nandroid restore works without any extra steps.

I hope kallte will test sign all future releases.

Test Signed JJ RLS6

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish
Frankish, any chance you could get some of your themes to work on Flibs ROM?

I think flib ported them over. The ones for Pauls rom used to work on his too. He updated them in my thread for Pauls roms in my sig. I don't work on the Chinese leak anymore as it's a beta rom not a release version.

Guest mario999
I think flib ported them over. The ones for Pauls rom used to work on his too. He updated them in my thread for Pauls roms in my sig. I don't work on the Chinese leak anymore as it's a beta rom not a release version.

Thanks, will try the one's for Pauls ROM, hopefully should work for Flibs latest release.

Theyre old versions of the themes though. It might be worth porting for Fibs ROM given that from what I can gather, he's made it easier than ever due to signing or something, and a LOT of people are likely to start using it since it's a lot cleaner and more vanila than Jellyfish. I've found it's just better so far, but I dunno. Might be worth it :D

Guest Frankish
Theyre old versions of the themes though. It might be worth porting for Fibs ROM given that from what I can gather, he's made it easier than ever due to signing or something, and a LOT of people are likely to start using it since it's a lot cleaner and more vanila than Jellyfish. I've found it's just better so far, but I dunno. Might be worth it :D

Yes but it's still a beta rom. Near the end of the thread flib ported them all. I may do it if there is a big enough demand for them i'll add them to this thread. But it's a lot of work so demand needs to be there. Not just a handful of users. :P

Frankish, any luck on changing the white menus in Root Explorer to black?

No i've even done a diff on styles.xml from a proper Gingerbread rom to mine and can't see much different and the stuff i tried changing caused tons of graphical errors in ALL menus. B)

It's really bugging me!!!

Yes but it's still a beta rom. Near the end of the thread flib ported them all. I may do it if there is a big enough demand for them i'll add them to this thread. But it's a lot of work so demand needs to be there. Not just a handful of users. :D

Which thread? The latest versions of all the themes? And fair enough :P

Guest Frankish

Actually no he just fixed the H icon in all the old ones form my old thread i think. I will start work on porting all the current themes here over to his rom as soon as i can. Could be a couple of days as there are a lot of mods/variations now with the Gingerbread themes. :D

I think it's only fair to do so.

No i've even done a diff on styles.xml from a proper Gingerbread rom to mine and can't see much different and the stuff i tried changing caused tons of graphical errors in ALL menus. :D

It's really bugging me!!!

It's really weird... Bazza76 ported the Gingerbread theme, naming it gingerblade, to Eclair and Root Explorer menus were black, but then again, it's a different version of Android OS...

Actually no he just fixed the H icon in all the old ones form my old thread i think. I will start work on porting all the current themes here over to his rom as soon as i can. Could be a couple of days as there are a lot of mods/variations now with the Gingerbread themes. :D

I think it's only fair to do so.

R6 does have a lot of bugs but after theyre fixed I think it is going to be the kinda default alternative to JJ ROM simply because it's so freakin' vanilla it makes my eyes bleed. People like me who are really into very basic, clean software will love it.

What do you need to do to port the themes? If you post a little guide I'm more than happy to have a crack and host them on my webspace as a mirror at least. It'll help me learn my way around them too, wanna start making some myself :P (Honeycomb style theme much?)

Guest tmanutdb

Thanks Frankish. Using your blue gingerbread theme with sebs de-softened rom and updated kernal. Getting some interesting looks from a few of my friends who have iphones.

Guest Junior Bear

with the thin circle mod, does this have to be applied AFTER the normal gingerbread theme has been applied?

or can it be used like any other theme

jsut confused as to why its called a mod rather than a theme?

Started working on trying to theme some of the stock gapps to be blue as well. Trying to steal png's from online instead of making my own lol. Goes really well with your Blue Gingerbread Theme Frankish.

Just added this theme to the second post/mods post...i'm very happy with it...

bluegingerbread1.pngbluegingerbread2.png

hi

how do you get rid the black background underneath the clock and weather widget?

thanks

Guest veehexx

thanks for the gingerbread theme - it's really very nice :D

while i'll likely keep the .zip file, if you do go with tukang's (above) sugestion, could we have a 'lite' version that has JUST taskbar mods.

Guest Frankish
with the thin circle mod, does this have to be applied AFTER the normal gingerbread theme has been applied?

or can it be used like any other theme

jsut confused as to why its called a mod rather than a theme?

It's a full theme it is just a modification of the stock Gingerbread theme.

hi

how do you get rid the black background underneath the clock and weather widget?

thanks

In Fancy Widget Pro there is an option to "hide elements" and the background is an option.

thanks for the gingerbread theme - it's really very nice :D

while i'll likely keep the .zip file, if you do go with tukang's (above) sugestion, could we have a 'lite' version that has JUST taskbar mods.

Don't worry it's staying the way it is for now. Stock Gingerbread. True Gingerbread.

hey frankish, i've got screenshot of gingerbread theme in xda forum

id1YBc.pngibpg5o.pngid6vp0.pngiblnGS.png

if you could polished your theme into some sort of that, i think it would be nice! here is the link to xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=871532

While that does look nice i don't plan on changing my Gingerbread theme as i like to keep it close to stock. I may do that one as an extra mod :P

Guest Cardyology

Hey guys. Thanks a lot Frankish for these themes, thought I'd share some of my results. Using a White orange sanfran with latest jellyfish froyo build, launcher pro & typo clock. I've also hidden the app text.

2011%2023:40:58.jpg

Blue gingerbread mod

2011%2023:41:01.jpg

Revo theme

2011%2023:40:22.jpg

& here's a "before" shot, just for shits & gigs...

I think I'm gonna flay the gingerbread one with the circular battery, what I also really want is this lock screen clock as my desktop widget, in the exact same place as it I on the lock screen. Anyone know how I can do this or at least point me in the right direction?

This clock ---->>2011%2023:40:13.jpg

Thsnksagan guys, great community going on here!