29/Dec [GUIDE] Fix the Blue Tint problem after flashing Superboot on TFT Device

Guest StevenHarperUK

(struggling to get the web and mms working on my asda sim - if anyone has any ideas ?)

Mike

I just had to do the same myself.

I had no APs defined before I began.

Process for setting Internet AP:

Settings

Wireless & networks

Mobile networks

Access Point Names

Menu>New APN

Internet AP settings configured were:

--------

Name: ASDA Internet

APN: asdamobiles.co.uk

Username: web

Password: web

--

I did not change any other settings.

Then repeat above process for setting MMS AP:

MMS AP settings configured were:

--------

Name: ASDA MMS

APN: asdamobiles.co.uk

username: wap

password: wap

MMSC: http://mms.asdamobiles.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12

MMS Port: 8799

APN Type: mms

--

Again, I did not change any other settings.

I had to reboot before I could send an MMS.

They just sat there with a red clock/timer icon until I rebooted.

After reboot I can send and receive MMS.

I could access the Internet before a reboot though.

Fixed my problem. Flashed my original boot.img and made a wipe to fix the boot loop. no more bluetint now, but no more overclocking as well :( well, whatever, my cpu didn't make it past 672 anyways.

I'm on stock rom and I have the blue tint issue. If I install Finnish RLS4 and flash the original boot.img to fix the issue will I still be able to use ahb_overclocking and HW_ui? And if setcpu is installed after the boot.img is fixed? does the tint return?

Edited by and84

Guest StevenHarperUK
I'm on stock rom and I have the blue tint issue. If I install Finnish RLS4 and flash the original boot.img to fix the issue will I still be able to use ahb_overclocking and HW_ui? And if setcpu is installed after the boot.img is fixed? does the tint return?

When you download Finnish FillyJonk RSL4, look in the zip

If you see a boot.img then you ONLY need to install the CUSTOM ROM - Clockwork will install the ROM and the BOOT

If it does not have the boot.img, then you you need to put the STOCK TFT compatible boot.img in place.

Do a full clockwork backup.

Guest sumdumguy
When you download Finnish FillyJonk RSL4, look in the zip

If you see a boot.img then you ONLY need to install the CUSTOM ROM - Clockwork will install the ROM and the BOOT

If it does not have the boot.img, then you you need to put the STOCK TFT compatible boot.img in place.

Do a full clockwork backup.

1st and last post (probably)..

would the superboot.img (rooting) have anything to do with the blue screen.. do pre made roms contain this automatically ?

Guest StevenHarperUK
1st and last post (probably)..

would the superboot.img (rooting) have anything to do with the blue screen.. do pre made roms contain this automatically ?

Yes Superboot.img is OLE only and is exactly the reason.

You need a TFT compatible boot.img

Guest aleckxander

why if i flash any rom i got blue tint (obviously i mean TFT roms, provided with boot.img) and i have everytime to restore my original (nandroided) boot.img? where's the difference between flashing a new one, and restoring my old one? isn't it supposed that a custom rom should leave the original boot.img untouched, or is it supposed to be overwritten everytime? anyway why my device is acting like this?

for example:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-chinese-leak/

if i open the archive i see in the root a boot.img, so i suppose that, since it's stated to be TFT compatible, i should work easily, but sadly no..

I'm stuck at this point too.

I can't figure out why when i flash a custom rom PROVIDED with a proper boot.img i keep getting blue tint. I'm really going to think that there are some different blue tint issues that we are considering like one.

As soon as i'll feel brave enough i'll try the PTP hungarian way, even if i'm already 512; Someone report side effect like less wifi issues and a solved blue tint issue.

Guest john.smith

I think I am worse than your case, I got blue tint even on Original UK ROM :-(

I'm stuck at this point too.

I can't figure out why when i flash a custom rom PROVIDED with a proper boot.img i keep getting blue tint. I'm really going to think that there are some different blue tint issues that we are considering like one.

As soon as i'll feel brave enough i'll try the PTP hungarian way, even if i'm already 512; Someone report side effect like less wifi issues and a solved blue tint issue.

Guest aleckxander

as i suggested before, have you already tried to access the clockwork advanced restore options, and restored ONLY the boot.img from a nandroid backup of your stock rom (if you have one)?

Edited by aleckxander

Guest sumdumguy

Dont' make sense, must something screwy with the stock rom you have, is it the 05 ole version mislabled ? or someone has pre rooted it with with superboot img.

Guest dustofnations
Yes Superboot.img is OLE only and is exactly the reason.

You need a TFT compatible boot.img

Steven, there seems to be one other way to cause this issue. If you wish to get rid of Clockwork Mod and Fastboot, if you use recovery.blade.stock.img and boot.blade.stock.img from Fastboot archive Paul distros, then it sets the device in OLED mode (even if using the TFT specific ROM) - and hence blue tint appears.

Guest StevenHarperUK

So your saying that the stock TFT ROM has an OLE boot.img

Hmmm if thats so - then maybe people should try the Hungarian Update.

Unless anyone has another STOCK TFT Rom?

Guest dustofnations
So your saying that the stock TFT ROM has an OLE boot.img

Hmmm if thats so - then maybe people should try the Hungarian Update.

Unless anyone has another STOCK TFT Rom?

I think it might just be that the stock images provided are the OLE ones or set an OLE flag somewhere during the boot process, rather than the entire ROM (i believe the TFT ROM supports both OLE and TFT usually?)

I can cause blue tint in a repeatable fashion by firstly flashing the correct TFT ROM (which is fine, colours are correct), then pushing over the stock .img files in order to get rid of clockwork mod and fastboot. After the stock .img files from Paul's fastboot distro have been pushed the blue hue appears.

So one possibility is that the bootloader sets a flag or whatever that will instruct the ROM to use OLE mode, which is wrong for TFT phones obviously.

Sadly I didn't back up my boot and recovery sectors before I used the modded ones, which is unfortunate

EDIT:

Done some further investigating, it is definitely the boot img file that is causing the problem, flashing in Paul's stock recovery sector works fine. Might have a dig around in the boot img file later to see if I can find something useful.

Edited by dustofnations

Guest aleckxander

it makes sense. i was feeling very stupid since no one (actually very fer persons) had the same problem; your point makes sense to me, but i don't have any idea about how to spot if it's really so or not.

I'm seriously considering to try the Hugarian TPT finger crossing not to brick anything -.-

Guest StevenHarperUK
EDIT:

Done some further investigating, it is definitely the boot img file that is causing the problem, flashing in Paul's stock recovery sector works fine. Might have a dig around in the boot img file later to see if I can find something useful.

Does anyone have the boot.img - that works?

Guest Sebastian404

If you have busybox installed try:

busybox uname -a
with the B05 boot, you'll see:
Linux localhost 2.6.29 #1 PREEMPT Sat Jul 24 21:43:15 CST 2010 armv6l GNU/Linux
for the B08, you'll see:
Linux localhost 2.6.29 #5 PREEMPT Wed Oct 20 09:50:07 CST 2010 armv6l unknown

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest aleckxander
Does anyone have the boot.img - that works?

I have my stock boot.img, i use it normally but it's a ok mobile san francisco.. if you want.. i can upload it somewhere

Guest StevenHarperUK
I have my stock boot.img, i use it normally but it's a ok mobile san francisco.. if you want.. i can upload it somewhere

Better than nothing.... please

Guest StevenHarperUK

Would you be able to try the busybox uname -a command that seb just posted please?

Guest aleckxander

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12876867/boot.img

hope it helps

i restore this everytime i flash a custom rom (ANY eclair ROM causes me blue tint issue, so i restore it EVERYtime)

Flashing a 2.2 rom causes blue tint too, but restoring the boot.img had no positive effect, actually the ROM didn't even start, or starts partially.

Now it's a bit late here, i think i'll try the hungarian TPT tomorrow

Guest aleckxander

ok sorry for the double post but i spent a couple trying tofigure all this out. Sadly i have to confirm everything i said till now.

no matter whar CWM i use, or what rom i flash; i always get a blue tint issue. to solve the problem i have to advance restore the boot.img i linked above.

reading all the posts here around about the issue, i'm having some doubt that there is more than one "blue tint issues" around, so since i'd like to clear some suspect i'm linking some pics. You can easily see which rom is using a restored boot.img and which one not :unsure:

bluetint01.th.png

bluetint02.th.png

bluetint03.th.png

It's quite funny because at first sight everything seems to work fine, but after a more accurate analisys i noticed these "glassy" or "transparent" images act weird

Edited by aleckxander

Guest dustofnations
If you have busybox installed try:

busybox uname -a
with the B05 boot, you'll see:
Linux localhost 2.6.29 #1 PREEMPT Sat Jul 24 21:43:15 CST 2010 armv6l GNU/Linux
for the B08, you'll see:
Linux localhost 2.6.29 #5 PREEMPT Wed Oct 20 09:50:07 CST 2010 armv6l unknown

The B08 phone has gone back due to dead pixels, the replacement I got is a refurb OLED version but it has wifi problems - range is <5m unlike the B08 with dead pixels. They sent me a refurb despite only having bought the darn thing on the 22nd.

Anyway, I confirmed that we shouldn't use Paul's stock boot img for B08's as it reproducibly caused tinting.

@Steve Maybe you should place that warning in this thread

@aleckxander - Make sure you don't flash in Paul's stock boot img with Fastboot & ensure you use a ROM that is TFT/OLED compatible. For me, simply flashing the default ROM back in after the wrong boot img was used (due to needing to remove fastboot), returned the screen colour to normal (i.e. correct driver being used).

If this is what you've done anyway, then perhaps you have a new hardware revision we don't know about.

Edited by dustofnations