29/Dec [GUIDE] Fix the Blue Tint problem after flashing Superboot on TFT Device

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest kallt_kaffe
flashed it. doesn't help unfortunately ;)

No changes at all?

Well, before I drop this lead (pun unavoidable) I'd just want to try one more kernel.

If my theory is right, which it propably isn't, then strange lines or pixels in gradiants that were previously blue should now be red.

boot_test.zip

Guest jurrasstoil

Same result. still blue and not red.

just to make sure i'm doing it right: I just unpacked the boot-test.img, renamed it to boot.img and flashed it via fastboot while the SF was in the Volume up + Power on state.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest PeterDreher

Always thought i have a TRULY, but everything shows that i should have a LEAD, too, right?

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570018] [1: swapper]!truly id is 0xffff

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.570018] [1: swapper]oled id is 0xffff

<4>[01-01 00:00:00.620001] [1: swapper][ZGC]:LcdPanleID = 42

But my screen is fine, even with JJ.

I can't see any faults since days. Never had any.

Maybe we should look somewhere else? Not only the LEAD-TFT?

THANKS A LOT KALLT for everything!

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest kallt_kaffe
Same result. still blue and not red.

just to make sure i'm doing it right: I just unpacked the boot-test.img, renamed it to boot.img and flashed it via fastboot while the SF was in the Volume up + Power on state.

Yes, that's correct, although there is no need to rename the file to boot.img.

Try this version

boot_test.zip

Guest PeterDreher

Will A2SD still work with 2.1 when overwirting the Boot.img?

Boot.img includes the kernel, right?

So the FIX "Custom kernel no longer hangs up when inserting/removing charger" won't work with the swedish ROM?

Thanks

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest kallt_kaffe
Will A2SD still work with 2.1 when overwirting the Boot.img?

Boot.img includes the kernel, right?

So the FIX "Custom kernel no longer hangs up when inserting/removing charger" won't work with the swedish ROM?

If you are referring to the boot.img I posted in the Swedish Snow thread that has the swiss original kernel it shouldn't have the hang up problem as I believe that was just a thing with the custom kernel, once again, caused by ZTE not including all their changed files when they released the 2.1 kernel source.

A2SD will still work with that boot.img but only with EXT2 as that is what the original 2.1 kernels support, but overclocking will not.

Guest kallt_kaffe
doesn't fix it either.

get some rest :lol:

I checked my sons TFT blade this morning. It reports PanleID 42 which means it's a LEAD TFT. While the whole screen is a bit "blueish" compared to my more "reddish" AMOLED it does not suffer from any strange lines in gradients. I used this program to test it: http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...test-zzxpA.aspx

The difference between the screens is more like a color temperature difference, like if the TFT is "cold" and my AMOLED is "varm" but apart from that I can't see any strangeness on the TFT.

Had a look at the source and it checks for truly and oled and if none of these are found it is assumed to be LEAD. It never really verifies it. So it could be a slightly different display but the currently released kernel source does not look for it.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest PeterDreher
I checked my sons TFT blade this morning. It reports PanleID 42 which means it's a LEAD TFT. While the whole screen is a bit "blueish" compared to my more "reddish" AMOLED it does not suffer from any strange lines in gradients. I used this program to test it: http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...test-zzxpA.aspx

The difference between the screens is more like a color temperature difference, like if the TFT is "cold" and my AMOLED is "varm" but apart from that I can't see any strangeness on the TFT.

Had a look at the source and it checks for truly and oled and if none of these are found it is assumed to be LEAD. It never really verifies it. So it could be a slightly different display but the currently released kernel source does not look for it.

but we refer to this Problem: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2745/bluetint01.png

Thats what i said, i have a panleID = 42, too. So this is LEAD and i don't have any Problems with the screen. But there has to be something different now with the new Swiss phones. Like i said, it's maybe not about LEAD. A different revision of the LEAD-Display driver?

When i talked about the BOOT.IMG i meant the ORIGINAL one that came with the STOCK ROM.

When jurrasstoil uses the Stock boot.img everything is fine. (with the screen in 2.1)

So my question was: When i use the ORIGINAL Boot.img from MY Stock-Rom in your Swedish Rom, will A2SD be supported and will the Hang up problem be gone? Or is the Kernel in the Boot.img and you changed it to support A2SD + Anti Hang up?

And of course, TFT is a lot more blueish. Please see here again for the fault jurrasstoil is experiencing.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2745/bluetint01.png

or here:

http://www.iimmgg.com/image/21f4cce663291b9bcf0f6057b9769ab5

and here:

http://www.iimmgg.com/image/919585464da7d5caa8388344d2fcb18c

ANY IDEAS for that Problem?

THANK YOU, so much!

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest kallt_kaffe
but we refer to this Problem: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2745/bluetint01.png

Thats what i said, i have a panleID = 42, too. So this is LEAD and i don't have any Problems with the screen. But there has to be something different now with the new Swiss phones. Like i said, it's maybe not about LEAD. A different revision of the LEAD-Display driver?

When i talked about the BOOT.IMG i meant the ORIGINAL one that came with the STOCK ROM.

When jurrasstoil uses the Stock boot.img everything is fine. (with the screen in 2.1)

So my question was: When i use the ORIGINAL Boot.img from MY Stock-Rom in your Swedish Rom, will A2SD be supported and will the Hang up problem be gone? Or is the Kernel in the Boot.img and you changed it to support A2SD + Anti Hang up?

Hangup problem shouldn't happen with a stock kernel, also it doesn't happen with the custom kernel in the Swedish Snow ROM. A2SD will not work if you use a stock boot.img. However I did post a boot.img with the swiss kernel and my initrd in the Swedish Snow thread. Use that and display should work aswell as A2SD.

And of course, TFT is a lot more blueish. Please see here again for the fault jurrasstoil is experiencing.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2745/bluetint01.png

or here:

http://www.iimmgg.com/image/21f4cce663291b9bcf0f6057b9769ab5

and here:

http://www.iimmgg.com/image/919585464da7d5caa8388344d2fcb18c

ANY IDEAS for that Problem?

THANK YOU, so much!

It's really wierd. I've sent a question to ZTE about it, but they do not always answer.

Guest kallt_kaffe

bluetint01.png

As I understand this happens on a blue-only gradiant aswell? It looks like if one of the lower bit in blue is hardwired to one of the high bits. Like if every 4th or 8th blue level also sets the highest bit.

Could someone take picture of this screen with a kernel that has the problem:

pjBjE.u.cs.png

It's from this app: http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...test-zzxpA.aspx

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest jurrasstoil
Here's is another attempt but it's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. I found one line in the LEAD initcode that was disabled so I enabled it. No idea what it does.

no luck :lol: a little help from ZTE would really be welcome.

Guest kallt_kaffe
no luck :lol: a little help from ZTE would really be welcome.

Could you get a picture of the gradients in the app I posted about? I'd like to see which gradients are affected and also if I can identify a pattern.

Guest jurrasstoil
Could you get a picture of the gradients in the app I posted about? I'd like to see which gradients are affected and also if I can identify a pattern.

left my DSLR in my hometown and the two cams i borrowed from friends are worse than the one from the blade itself -.- wasn't able to get a pic that was even close to decent

Guest PeterDreher
left my DSLR in my hometown and the two cams i borrowed from friends are worse than the one from the blade itself -.- wasn't able to get a pic that was even close to decent

Can you explaint what you saw?

Guest jurrasstoil

the screentest test picture is fine as far as i can tell, because there are no smooth gradients.

The fancy widget color picker (appearence -> text color) is the best way to see the issues.

the gradient where you pick the brightness. There seems to be somekind of pattern, but without a decent picture it's hard to describe it.

in the first 1/3 (the bright part) of the gradient there seem to be the most "wrong colors" and there is always one 1px line in the first 1/4 of the gradient that is a lot brighter than the others.

this is a screenshot that i edited with photoshop to explain what i mean:

bqb1hz9mpejbz15br.png

the thick and the strong 1px lines go further to the left side once the color is puple/pink and disappear completely when the color is almost red.

if you are moving inside of the blue colorspace the positions of the lines seem to stay the same, but they could also move just 1 or 2 px.

Guest kallt_kaffe
@Kallt

Any news?

THANKS alot!

No, as I understand all swiss Blades have this issue, right?

Not having one of these makes it close to impossible to figure out how to fix it.

How much does one of these cost in Switzerland?

Guest PeterDreher
No, as I understand all swiss Blades have this issue, right?

Not having one of these makes it close to impossible to figure out how to fix it.

How much does one of these cost in Switzerland?

No, not all of them have it. Should only be very few or they are just selling those versions since a few days?

Bought one on the January 11th. No problem with Jellyfish @all.

Cost: about 115 CHF = 90€

Out of stock most of the time.

Guest kallt_kaffe
No, not all of them have it. Should only be very few or they are just selling those versions since a few days?

Bought one on the January 11th. No problem with Jellyfish @all.

Cost: about 115 CHF = 90€

Out of stock most of the time.

I wonder if it may be a batch that has a manufacturing error that they've made a software hack to correct.

Guest Joey Scarf

do you recommend any of the ClockworkMod Recovery files that are in the link

i have a tft SF and are totally unsure which is best for me

and is there a windows alternative for the second command, not quite sure what to do

Joey