29/Dec [GUIDE] Fix the Blue Tint problem after flashing Superboot on TFT Device

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest jurrasstoil
solved everything with the hungarian TPT thank you :unsure:

Hey, could you describe what you did?

i have the exact same problem now B)

flashing the stock OLED/TFT ROM gives me a blue tint as well and the newest JJ RLS4 as well obv.

Guest dustofnations
Hey, could you describe what you did?

i have the exact same problem now :unsure:

flashing the stock OLED/TFT ROM gives me a blue tint as well and the newest JJ RLS4 as well obv.

Both of them gave you the tint issue? That is strange, have you tried changing the boot sector to the one above using something along the lines of sudo ./fastboot-linux flash boot <filename-of-boot.img>

For me, flashing the stock ROM back in fixed the issue that pushing the wrong boot sector in causes. Double check you used the correct ROM :-).

Guest jurrasstoil

used the stock Orange OLED/TFT B08 ROM.

Gonna try the TPT stock eclair now and hope it helps.

I fixed it when i used FF RLS4 by advanced restoring the boot.img i backed up before installing any rom. this won't work if i want to switch to 2.2 for obvious reasons :unsure:

Guest jurrasstoil

Okay, did the TPT and it obv fixed the problem.

after flashing the Jellfish 2.2 ROM its back again. sigh... that just sucks...

//edit

well, the effect is less bad now, but it is still noticeable.

what it looks like on my screen:

bpvtc1e3zg5bzenph.jpg

what it should look like:

bpvtchta6i6uk8m85.jpg

These 1 to 3px wide stripes are only in the blue region of the color spectrum. It's really weird and annoying :unsure:

Edited by jurrasstoil

EDIT: I had the blue tint problem both in the blue spectrum, in buttons, gradients, a *blue* line in the call screen, etc. just like the screenshots above

This is what I did:

- Did the Hungarian TPT

- Then wiped data/cache and reflashed Portugal's SanFran stock rom [waiting for a somewhat stable-ish 2.2]

- Did a clockwork restore

So far the blue tint is gone for good (crosses fingers) and the wifi seems fixed as well plus the phone feels snapier but it might just be me :unsure:

Edited by and84

Guest jurrasstoil

okay. i have no clue how to fix it and i'm very close to just giving up.

Made another TPT and it is still there.

restoring my original boot.img that my blade came with (made a nandroid backup before i installed anything) fixes the problem completely. If i flash the JJ 2.2 ROM the problem is back again and for obvious reasons restoring the original boot.img won't work here.

There a 3 states.

1.) absolutely no blue tint (original 2.1 boot.img)

2.) small irregularities in the blue spectrum (TPT stock 2.1 rom, jellyfish 2.2)

3.) strong color problems across the whole spectrum (FF RLS4 2.1)

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest Arr Too
2.) small irregularities in the blue spectrum (TPT stock 2.1 rom, jellyfish 2.2)

That may have been more helpful to point out before! :D Are you aware that OLED drivers are biased towards the blue side for technical reasons? Therefore, if only simple modifications have been made (by ZTE, from your various tests) to support TFT then that would will result in a slight(?) blue tint on those displays. (The issue with a non-supporting kernel is that R and B are swapped, I believe.)

Perhaps if there is some way of tweaking certain parameters used with the driver the artificially added tint could be eliminated, if TFT is detected. It's maybe worth asking our friendly kernel chaps if they can spot anything?

Guest jurrasstoil
That may have been more helpful to point out before! :D Are you aware that OLED drivers are biased towards the blue side for technical reasons? Therefore, if only simple modifications have been made (by ZTE, from your various tests) to support TFT then that would will result in a slight(?) blue tint on those displays. (The issue with a non-supporting kernel is that R and B are swapped, I believe.)

Perhaps if there is some way of tweaking certain parameters used with the driver the artificially added tint could be eliminated, if TFT is detected. It's maybe worth asking our friendly kernel chaps if they can spot anything?

yeah, mentioned that a few posts above (the one with the two blue-to-black gradients)

I uploaded my original stock boot.img and the hungarian TPT stock boot.img and am about to write kallt_kaffe a PM and ask for help.

I'll post the links here as well if someone wants to take a look:

swiss stock boot.img (mediafire) - no blue tint at all

hungarian TPT stock boot.img (mediafire) - slight blue tint

I hope it is some minor thing that can be changed easily so that we can get a working 2.2 boot.img. On 2.1 ROMs i can just use my own boot.img, but as i said before, i can't use it for 2.2 roms :P

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest Arr Too
yeah, mentioned that a few posts above (the one with the two blue-to-black gradients)

It all seemed a bit black and white [small pun intended] until you mentioned the 2nd case!

Another possibility is that your specific phone is amplifying the issue, or maybe the specific TFT display (it's thought there may be two different ones). Can you try the *ZTE*CHIPINFO# dialler code and quote the Glass and ID from the LCD section?

Guest jurrasstoil
It all seemed a bit black and white [small pun intended] until you mentioned the 2nd case!

Another possibility is that your specific phone is amplifying the issue, or maybe the specific TFT display (it's thought there may be two different ones). Can you try the *ZTE*CHIPINFO# dialler code and quote the Glass and ID from the LCD section?

It says

LCD Information:

TouchScreen Information:

just nothing lol

i'll flash my old 2.1 backup and try again.

//edit

flashed the hungarian TPT rom with the slight blue tint problem and it says:

LCD Information:

IC: NT35580

Glass: LEAD

Resolution: 480*800

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest Arr Too

Cool -- I wonder if other owners with the LEAD screen (rather than TRULY) can comment on the blue tinge? The kernel appears to drive the three displays slightly differently: for instance, drivers/video/msm/lcdc_panel_wga_oled.c contains numerous sections conditional on LCD_PANEL_LEAD_WVGA, LCD_PANEL_TRULY_WVGA or LCD_PANEL_OLED_WVGA.

Guest agreenjesus

After successfully ridding my phone of the blue tint issue I now find the touch screen is unusable.

The only issue I had was with md5sum: when I run this all I get is "md5sum is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Could the touch screen problem be related to the rom or the md5 problem?

Thanks.

After successfully ridding my phone of the blue tint issue I now find the touch screen is unusable.

The only issue I had was with md5sum: when I run this all I get is "md5sum is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Could the touch screen problem be related to the rom or the md5 problem?

No... your md5 problem is that you don't have an md5 program; although that means you cold not confirm your download was not corrupt and therefore you cannot rule out corruption as causing this.

Did your touch-screen just plain stop dead, or did it get worse and worse and then stop?

After I installed an OLED rom on my TFT the touchscreen started to fail. I didn't know if it was related. I got a replacement phone (OLED) a which works fine.

I am interested to know if OLED ROMS can cause a touch-screen failure.

Guest agreenjesus
No... your md5 problem is that you don't have an md5 program; although that means you cold not confirm your download was not corrupt and therefore you cannot rule out corruption as causing this.

Did your touch-screen just plain stop dead, or did it get worse and worse and then stop?

After I installed an OLED rom on my TFT the touchscreen started to fail. I didn't know if it was related. I got a replacement phone (OLED) a which works fine.

I am interested to know if OLED ROMS can cause a touch-screen failure.

It got worse & worse & is now dead. I downloaded the md5 program & extracted it to my fastboot directory so I don't know what happened there.

It got worse & worse & is now dead. I downloaded the md5 program & extracted it to my fastboot directory so I don't know what happened there.

Well... flash the stock ROM back, and stock recover, prove that it is still broken and get an exchange for a new one.

Guest agreenjesus
Well... flash the stock ROM back, and stock recover, prove that it is still broken and get an exchange for a new one.

I have just done that & the screen is still dead. It's been a minefield of madness.

This thread is an example of what can go wrong.

Edited by agreenjesus

Guest tttonyyy
I have just done that & the screen is still dead. It's been a minefield of madness.

This thread is an example of what can go wrong.

Have you tried the Hungarian TPT?

My wife's phone stubbornly had blue banding in grey gradients with the Orange stock ROM, 2.1s and 2.2s. Hungarian TPT fixed it for that phone.

Guest kallt_kaffe

I believe ZTE have made some late changes to the 2.1 kernel that didn't make it into the 2.2 kernel. To bad our 2.1 kernel is badly updated so whatever they did, we don't have it. However, I'm going to make some experiments, although not having a LEAD display makes it rather hard to troubleshoot.

I'm going to try to replicate the error, or a similar behaviour on my OLED.

Guest jurrasstoil
I believe ZTE have made some late changes to the 2.1 kernel that didn't make it into the 2.2 kernel. To bad our 2.1 kernel is badly updated so whatever they did, we don't have it. However, I'm going to make some experiments, although not having a LEAD display makes it rather hard to troubleshoot.

I'm going to try to replicate the error, or a similar behaviour on my OLED.

;)

Guest kallt_kaffe

Try to flash this kernel (after installing Japanese Jellyfish RLS8). Did not manage to replicate anything but changed a parameter from 0xffff to 0xff which is 0xff in the qvga and hvga LEAD driver.

boot_test.zip

Guest jurrasstoil
Try to flash this kernel (after installing Japanese Jellyfish RLS8). Did not manage to replicate anything but changed a parameter from 0xffff to 0xff which is 0xff in the qvga and hvga LEAD driver.

flashed it. doesn't help unfortunately ;)