FM Radio for ZTE Blade/SF

Guest andorko

Guest oh!dougal

AFAIK, the kernel side of this is properly stable.

The area of development would seem to be in the presentation of the rds data ...

If so, then it would appear that the way forward would be to get the kernel tweaks into the dev's 'standard' custom kernels.

Then, with an app that could co-exist on a phone with the standard FMradio, app-development could proceed independently of the devs other rom work.

I wonder if Andorko has considered opening up the RDSradio app project to be a team effort?

Guest andorko
I think Andorko needs to offer his patches as a patch to the different ROM devs so they can put them in their next kernel.

I will commit my kernel changes to github soon.

Guest wishmasterf

@andorko

What you plan with your radio app? when will it release without that testversion mark?

is there a new state of the loudspeakerproblem?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest wishmasterf
Is there a way to save the radio stations with a name, not only the frequency?

+1

I vote for that feature! i hope anyone will add that in the future.

Guest ololizoz

Does anyone have a guide for compiling your own kernel? I'm using kallt_kaffes JapJelly RLS9 and I want to use the lastest radio app with RDS. If I compile my own kernel, what are the ups and downs? Or can I just add some text to the kernel included in JapJelly RLS9?

I want to install the new kernel with rds driver, but 2 things drive me confused.

1. why is my nandroid boot image 4.5 MB but andorkos boot.img only 3.18 MB?

2. why is andorkos kernel (boot.img) called "DontUseThisKernel_2_2_UpdateRds" ??

why shouldn't I use it? which one should I use instead?

Guest andorko
I want to install the new kernel with rds driver, but 2 things drive me confused.

1. why is my nandroid boot image 4.5 MB but andorkos boot.img only 3.18 MB?

2. why is andorkos kernel (boot.img) called "DontUseThisKernel_2_2_UpdateRds" ??

why shouldn't I use it? which one should I use instead?

1. Don't know

2. Beacause it is just a test kernel. You can use flibblesan's r8a rom now with rds.

1. Don't know

2. Beacause it is just a test kernel. You can use flibblesan's r8a rom now with rds.

Ooohhh this may push me over to his r8a from Paul's r12 - which still seems to have contacts bugs and other bugs... I might even try some themes.. wowowoww

Guest Simon O

BTW seems to be a bug. Not sure if it's with this version but when I load the radio or even turn it off and back on again it seems to be searching the wrong frequencies until I go into settings and select Europe again. I can see this when I dial to 96.2 which is a very strong signal in my area. When it's searching the wrong signals it plays nothing but distortion for this frequency. But once I've selected europe again in the settings it's fine. Any ideas? Seems like it might not be saving the prefs.

Anything I can do regarding logs give me a shout.

BTW guys the RDS needs you to flash the oc2 kernel after installing the ROM. I'll release r9 by the end of the weekend with the RDS as standard as it doesn't cause any problems.

Guest Frankish
BTW seems to be a bug. Not sure if it's with this version but when I load the radio or even turn it off and back on again it seems to be searching the wrong frequencies until I go into settings and select Europe again. I can see this when I dial to 96.2 which is a very strong signal in my area. When it's searching the wrong signals it plays nothing but distortion for this frequency. But once I've selected europe again in the settings it's fine. Any ideas? Seems like it might not be saving the prefs.

Anything I can do regarding logs give me a shout.

BTW guys the RDS needs you to flash the oc2 kernel after installing the ROM. I'll release r9 by the end of the weekend with the RDS as standard as it doesn't cause any problems.

Overclock kernel test 2 definitely should be standard. I have it currently at 710mhz (highest my device supports) and HWUI turned on and ridiculously good battery usage. Very happy to use your rom as my day to ay now with overclock.

Guest wishmasterf
Overclock kernel test 2 definitely should be standard. I have it currently at 710mhz (highest my device supports) and HWUI turned on and ridiculously good battery usage. Very happy to use your rom as my day to ay now with overclock.

whats hwui?

and how to turn on?

Guest taannuk
I'll release r9 by the end of the weekend.

Excellent news - thank you! Will your new ROM have all languages enabled? I am particularly interested in Russian. Thank you!!!

Guest Simon O
Excellent news - thank you! Will your new ROM have all languages enabled? I am particularly interested in Russian. Thank you!!!

Yes, Russian is available and seems ok.

andorko: Was looking at the bug I was experiencing again and since wiping my phone and installing my rom again I've not experienced the bug. Strange one.

Installed flibblesan r8a rom. Rds on FMradio did not seem to be working, so I decided to download and install andorko's kernel update and fmradio again (though this feature should be working already with r8a). First of all, fmradio cannot be uninstalled (is this normal?). Then, after I updated with the andorko's kernel, the phone would not boot, so I had to restore everything with clockwork recovery. My Blade is Finnish version (5 MP). Any idea?

Guest wishmasterf
Installed flibblesan r8a rom. Rds on FMradio did not seem to be working, so I decided to download and install andorko's kernel update and fmradio again (though this feature should be working already with r8a). First of all, fmradio cannot be uninstalled (is this normal?).

The FMRdio is installed as Systemapp (stored at /system/app/)

Then, after I updated with the andorko's kernel, the phone would not boot, so I had to restore everything with clockwork recovery. My Blade is Finnish version (5 MP). Any idea?

Read the first post of FB:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-zte-blade/

Download Second test OC kernel with PPP for VPN and andorko RDS radio patches. Swap support, ext4, cif, tun, overclock.

The app have to be RDS test version of v0.5 (v0.5.3). (http://andorko.hu/android/) to overwrite the systemapp you have to copy manually (with terminal or rootexplorer for example) to /system/apps/.

Guest Alexander_13

1. Is it possible to store names of stations (or will be in the future)?

2. What about using the headset's button for changing stations, and the internal speaker?

Thanks!

PS. Let me know if you'll need help with graphic images etc.

Edited by Alexander_13