FM Radio for ZTE Blade/SF

Guest andorko

RRR... Great

I would love to see that going into CM7 by default.

Let's hope that someone can get Tom_G or HCDR.Jacob to include the RDS patch into the kernel...

Since the kernel patch just enables a hardware feature to work, it should be possible to get it into CM7 as well. Maybe someone should file a bug ("wishlist") on the official bugtracker and link to the RDS code.

Edited by _amano

Guest wishmasterf
I broke my hand last weekend, but there is v0.6 for you with one hand :D

post-806452-1298264161_thumb.png

works great! thanks! but i love to disable RDS and yet the button is gone :-(

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Simon O

Regarding CM7 the team are first going to get the stock radio app working fine. Once that works then andorkos patches will be tested and added. Might be nice to see if RDS can be added to other devices that have compatible chipsets.

I've just tried to download Andorko's FM Radio app but I can't find it on my phone anywhere. I have a bog standard, out of the box phone.

Anyone advise what I'm doing wrong please?

Great work even with one hand ! I can only imagine what you can do with both your hands being functional :)

So why did you put the RDS radio name inside the volume control "circle" .

Wouldn't it be more neatly if we have only the scrolling textbar, or display the radio name somewhere else ?

Edited by Jr0

I've just tried to download Andorko's FM Radio app but I can't find it on my phone anywhere. I have a bog standard, out of the box phone.

Anyone advise what I'm doing wrong please?

Download the app to your computer then transfer it to your phone and install it.

Thanks for the Bujcri, all working now.

Andorko wanted to know how the app worked on an out of the box Orange SF, the short answer is a million times better than the stock FM Radio app. Great, thanks for all the hard work.

The only problems I can see are the centre of my speaker just shows "loading" all the time and the band across the app that shows the station just shows "Not Available". I do have problems saving the stations but that is more than likely my fault as I'm new to the app.

Thanks for the Bujcri, all working now.

Andorko wanted to know how the app worked on an out of the box Orange SF, the short answer is a million times better than the stock FM Radio app. Great, thanks for all the hard work.

The only problems I can see are the centre of my speaker just shows "loading" all the time and the band across the app that shows the station just shows "Not Available". I do have problems saving the stations but that is more than likely my fault as I'm new to the app.

Press 'Menu', then 'Regional Settings', select your country or whatever country and then 'Back'. Now the RDS should work. You can choose afterwards again 'Europe' from 'Regional Bands', important is that you change one time the default setting in 'Regional Band' and then the RDS works normally.

Guest Nickman1200
How can I install it on JJ9 and last FLB-Froyo G2 with RDS function enable? What files do I need to install?

Thank you!!!

Kallt_Kaffe has compiled a kernel with RDS support and it works great.

He is currently making an update to JJ.

Guess it will be out any day now.

UPDATE:

It's out for JJ as an addon.

Edited by Nickman1200

Press 'Menu', then 'Regional Settings', select your country or whatever country and then 'Back'. Now the RDS should work. You can choose afterwards again 'Europe' from 'Regional Bands', important is that you change one time the default setting in 'Regional Band' and then the RDS works normally.

Tried going into the Regional Band, doing the changes and going back again. Still the same "Loading" and "Not Available" wording on the two areas mentioned before.

Many thanks for the help though Bujcri.

Edited by BarryH

Guest andorko
Tried going into the Regional Band, doing the changes and going back again. Still the same "Loading" and "Not Available" wording on the two areas mentioned before.

Many thanks for the help though Bujcri.

What rom are you using?

Edited by andorko

Guest andorko
Same problem here. I'm using MCR r7.

RDS feature needs a modified fm driver which is included in FLB r9b or you can download a new kernel to JJ RLS9 too. I think MCR don't have an RDS capable kernel.

Guest skeef unit
RDS feature needs a modified fm driver which is included in FLB r9b or you can download a new kernel to JJ RLS9 too. I think MCR don't have an RDS capable kernel.

Oh OK cool, thanks :huh: Will try it out sometime.

What rom are you using?

Basic SF/Blade as it came out of the box, nothing changed, just FancyWidgets and your FM radio added.

Edited by BarryH

Guest andorko
Basic SF/Blade as it came out of the box, nothing changed, just FancyWidgets and your FM radio added.

Basic SF/Blade doesn't have the modified kernel, so rds feature will not work on it.

Guest Sebastian404

Andorko,

apropos of nothing I applied the RDS patch to the kernel for the ZTE Racer, but I'm having some problems getting your Application to work...

I can hear static and get some of the UI... but not all of it, and I don't seem to be able to use the tuner dial since (i think) it's off the screen....

You got any tips on hacking the UI?

post-764508-1298684880_thumb.png

Guest tuckshop

This great Andorko,

RDS is working for me after I installed the Kernel patch. One station even has the current weather forecast along with the current song title. Some stations just have a static message that doesn't change.

Just a suggestion but could you change the font for the currently selected station (not the rds text) to a digital readout type font? see here:

http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=1232

Edited by tuckshop

Guest fonix232
Andorko,

apropos of nothing I applied the RDS patch to the kernel for the ZTE Racer, but I'm having some problems getting your Application to work...

I can hear static and get some of the UI... but not all of it, and I don't seem to be able to use the tuner dial since (i think) it's off the screen....

You got any tips on hacking the UI?

Just an idea, but try to disassemble it with apktool, and add layout files for MDPI. Copy layout xml's from HDPI, and multiply the positions, lengths, etc, so all numeric screen-definitions with vertical 480/800; horizontal 320/480! This should give you the needed changes, after that, recompile, and try again.