FM Radio for ZTE Blade/SF

Guest andorko

Guest andorko
You are great!! it work very well now. Only 1 (really little) thing i see if i start with rds disabled the app tells me "RDS: loading..." there should be "RDS: disable".

Do you plan more with the rds-feature? as i said it seems to be very stable yet. i dont know if anyone else found a bug, but i think you could remove the testversion line, center the rds line and resize ist a little bit bigger.

I hope you solve the loudspeaker problem. ;-)

Thank you very much for your time and the great app!

EDIT: I found a Bug: i click on the arrow of the volumne-circle (highest volumne). then i click on the "turn on/off button" and turn again on with klicking on "turn on/off" butten volumne seems to be 0. if i klick on the volumecircle i volumne is again normal. i think the volumne should be evertime the state in the circle.

I couldn't solve the loudspeaker problem, but i decoded the RadioText (artist, song name, etc...) and the "turn on/off button" is solved too.

It is on the bottom of my download page (v0.5.3)

Guest kallt_kaffe
I couldn't solve the loudspeaker problem, but i decoded the RadioText (artist, song name, etc...) and the "turn on/off button" is solved too.

Have you tried my kernel hack to make the radio identify itself with device id 3 (like in 2.1) to see if it makes a difference to the loudspeaker problem?

Guest wishmasterf

Many thanks. I notice that there is a new line with the songtitel ;-) great. didnt know that radiostations send sontitles over radiotext in austria ;-)

You are great!!!

I hope someone here can help you fixing the loudspeakerproblem. with that fix your app is feature complete for me ;-)

The only thing i found is a design-bug: if the songtitle is mor then 1 line it is overlapping the tuner. i dont know which designchanges you plan.

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest andorko
Have you tried my kernel hack to make the radio identify itself with device id 3 (like in 2.1) to see if it makes a difference to the loudspeaker problem?

I tried it but there is no difference. After your kernel modifications i needn't to use the ToneGenerator workaround to play radio mor than just 3 sec, but i have to use an another to turn the radio on. (Reflection based).

I realised that we have a lot of libs that we don't have source code for. eg.:libaudio.so, libaudiopolicy.so and so on

Guest fonix232
This trick doesn't work with the fm radio. If i play radio and an mp3 simultaneusly on the headphones and then execute the :

mAudioManager.setMode(AudioManager.MODE_IN_CALL);

mAudioManager.setSpeakerphoneOn(true);

then the mp3 plays through the speakerphone but the radio disappears.

It is a more dirty solution, but what about writing to an MP3 file directly then playing that on the speaker?

Guest andorko
It is a more dirty solution, but what about writing to an MP3 file directly then playing that on the speaker?

I don't know how to capture the radio stream.

Guest wishmasterf

I found another bug.

If the radiotext in the second line has more lines and the second line for example is shorter than the line before you can see characters of the last line. i think the problem is that the line have to be deleted befor showing the next.

I also had a strange problem. After rebooting my phone the radio-application is without the rds feature.. looks like the old verion. I will retest that. do you know any reason why that happened?

Guest andorko
I found another bug.

If the radiotext in the second line has more lines and the second line for example is shorter than the line before you can see characters of the last line. i think the problem is that the line have to be deleted befor showing the next.

I also had a strange problem. After rebooting my phone the radio-application is without the rds feature.. looks like the old verion. I will retest that. do you know any reason why that happened?

There is no new line marker in the rds stream, so i don't know how to solve this problem. The second bug is because v0.5 is installed into the rom as system app.

Guest wishmasterf
There is no new line marker in the rds stream, so i don't know how to solve this problem. The second bug is because v0.5 is installed into the rom as system app.

Is there no message end? Whats the marker to start at fist character?

Guest wishmasterf
Does anybody know a working navigation software on Blade/SF which has a TMC settings page?

There are some navigaton software supporting TMC, but you have to pay over 60€ for that. Whats a TMC-Setting-Page? What do you want to set?

Guest oh!dougal
If the radiotext in the second line has more lines and the second line for example is shorter than the line before you can see characters of the last line. i think the problem is that the line have to be deleted befor showing the next. ...

There is no new line marker in the rds stream, so i don't know how to solve this problem.

Wikipedia ( :lol: )says that the Station ID ('PI')is 8 characters and the info ('RT' Radio Text) is 64 characters, static or (somehow) scrolling).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_Sy..._implementation

Isn't this just a matter of padding out to 64 characters (with spaces, and ensuring they aren't stripped) before displaying on-screen?

Guest andorko

So. RDS data is coming in packages. In every package there is a part of a stationID or a RadioText or TMC etc. But there are just part of them in every package. The packages not coming in order and there is a heavy loss in the packages.

eg.: a package contains just 4 characters of the radiotext (in RDSA), so i have to join them. But not every radioStation is sending the full 64 character. Some are sending just 20 or whatever length the text has.

Because of this i don't know if they changed the text or not. If you switch channel the radiotext and stationid is cleared, but if there is just a change in stationtext i don't know how could i determine it.

Guest andorko
There are some navigaton software supporting TMC, but you have to pay over 60€ for that. Whats a TMC-Setting-Page? What do you want to set?

Don't know, maybe com port, baud, IP address, an url , TCP port, or a directory

Don't know what is the method for receiving TMC data. I should emulate that interface to send data to the navigation software.

Edited by andorko

Guest stevew69

I installed as part of the JJ9 ROM.

It works but not great ..... I can only get a couple of stations even though I know the local ones have a very strong signal.

Classic FM 100.3 is one I can get, Radio 1 98.2 is another.

Any ideas how to improve service ?

Steve

Guest andorko
I installed as part of the JJ9 ROM.

It works but not great ..... I can only get a couple of stations even though I know the local ones have a very strong signal.

Classic FM 100.3 is one I can get, Radio 1 98.2 is another.

Any ideas how to improve service ?

Steve

use the frequencypicker (click on the frequency) or use fine tuning (on the bottom) if you know the frequency of the station.

On the xda forum they had hypergps for windows mobile which may give you some ideas

I've enclosed an TMC decoder circuit I found one one site, it should be enough to tell you if the circuitry is in the phone that may decode them or at least help you plus full info on how to decode TMC in the link below

RDS/TMC Decoding information click here

Hope it helps

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT

I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings.

Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to:

Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software

Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

Of course, there are those that argue homescreens / ringtones are a grey area - this is true - but I have made an executive decision to let these be posted, and should the copyright owner take issue, they can contact me and I will deal with the offending post immediately.

As the link above does NOT contain any illegal content and only gives information then going by the above rule it does not break that rule.

However if Paul or awarner decide it's not appropriate then they will remove it.

Guest oh!dougal
So. RDS data is coming in packages. In every package there is a part of a stationID or a RadioText or TMC etc. But there are just part of them in every package. The packages not coming in order and there is a heavy loss in the packages.

eg.: a package contains just 4 characters of the radiotext (in RDSA), so i have to join them. But not every radioStation is sending the full 64 character. Some are sending just 20 or whatever length the text has.

Because of this i don't know if they changed the text or not. If you switch channel the radiotext and stationid is cleared, but if there is just a change in stationtext i don't know how could i determine it.

How is your Python?

https://www.cgran.org/browser/projects/radi...panel.py?rev=49

http://digilander.libero.it/iz2eeq/#rds

Guest stevew69
use the frequencypicker (click on the frequency) or use fine tuning (on the bottom) if you know the frequency of the station.

I have ....... I've manually turned to my known stations but just static. Tried changing to UK frequencies .... still nothing.

Tried waving the earphone wire around to get a better reception .... nothing. :lol:

Guest andorko
On the xda forum they had hypergps for windows mobile which may give you some ideas

I've enclosed an TMC decoder circuit I found one one site, it should be enough to tell you if the circuitry is in the phone that may decode them or at least help you plus full info on how to decode TMC in the link below

RDS/TMC Decoding information click here

Hope it helps

As the link above does NOT contain any illegal content and only gives information then going by the above rule it does not break that rule.

However if Paul or awarner decide it's not appropriate then they will remove it.

This decoder circuit says me nothing, but i know that there is TMC in the blade because TMC comes on RDS and RDS is in the FM chip.

The url describes the RDS and TMC protocol. But now i want to know , in which form the navigation softwares get the TMC data, then i could convert the data to that form.

Or is there anyway a TMC capable Navigation software for ZTE blade?

Guest andorko
I have ....... I've manually turned to my known stations but just static. Tried changing to UK frequencies .... still nothing.

Tried waving the earphone wire around to get a better reception .... nothing. :lol:

can you tune theese stations on another radio????

Guest stevew69
can you tune theese stations on another radio????

What on a normal radio or another radio app ? I assumed another app would use the same RDS coding and hence would not work.

Guest andorko
What on a normal radio or another radio app ? I assumed another app would use the same RDS coding and hence would not work.

Do you have problem just with the RDS stationID or you can't turn on some station totaly?

Guest stevew69
Do you have problem just with the RDS stationID or you can't turn on some station totaly?

When I tune in to a station I can't hear anything ....... a local station to me is on 105.2 fm which you can normally get with a very strong signal and perfect reception. On the radio on the SF .... can hardly hear it. Moving the headphone lead towards the sky helps a bit but not much. The only clear stations are 100.3 and 98.2.

Wondered is app problem or RDS problem with phone.

Steve