ZTE Blade / Orange San Fran. or Ipod Touch 4th Gen

Guest Habstaz

The sound quality on my blade is poor, there is a hissing in the background which is annoying when it goes quiet and the volume on the lowest setting is way too loud, on the loudest it coloud probably break the earphones.

So if you want good sound quality I would say go for the ipod

Or he could use bluetooth earphones. The sound is fine/great with those.

Guest balchy

Key for me is the question of battery life ... how many films/hrs of music etc could you watch without access to a charger in airplane mode? Anyone got any experiences of that? At least with the SF you have the option of a spare battery, or even a couple of memory cards.

Edited by balchy

Guest neologan

i would not use the blade for music playback via its analog output (blue tooth, maybe if you can use any headphones via an adaptor?). Blades headphone out amp is atrocious. Sansa Clip+ absolutely destroys it for sound quality..

Edited by neologan

Guest Stevvie

My daughter has Ipod Touch 3G and a Orange San Fransisco and the OSF beats her Ipod on both speed and screen quality when browsing. I agree with Raspa the sound quality on the Ipod touch is sketchy at the best of times, My Sony Ericsson K800i blows the Ipods sound quality away with a pair of Sure se210's. I've not tried these on the OSF/Blade yet but plan to when My blade arrives as I'm so impressed with my wife's and daughters ones.

Guest extremedigital

My answer would be buy BOTH.....

So the question would be if i had £180 what would i do......

But if i had to choose which one to get FIRST it would def be the SF.....and then save up the extra money to get the ipod 4th gen as well

The SF is a great phone, just so addictive to use

Whilst the 4th gen is great for kids etc and as much i am NOT an apple fan even i have to admit that the os is easy to use even for small children....ie youtube, games, facetime, tango and viber video/phone calls and lastly perhaps music....i just can get with having to work the apple way when it comes to having to transfer stuff to the ipod.. we had had ALL the gens in our house but the 4th gen is by far the best one....

The choice is yours ultimately....

As an aside i will also admit that whilst i am android and the SF biggest fan it is NOT everyone cup of tea you def have to be into tinkering around with your stuff, it is taking my wife alot longer to get used to hers compared to her old trusty Nokia E71 and she does curse the SF a few times rightly so, some people just will find for example the iphone 4g easy to get on with..

So that aside my advice would be def go for the SF but go with your eyes wide open....

Edited by extremedigital