[ROM 2.2] t&l

Guest lgcmn

I love the rom, thanks, it's snappy and battery life is much better than CM6.1 and LCR (which was a great improvement over official rom already).

However, I get a "Far Eas Tone" splash screen right after "Acer" and before the boot animation, what is that, and is there anyway I could change/remove it? My phone isn't even from Far EasTone.

It's not a big problem, just seems a bit strange.

Guest edhunter666
Trial and error: disable SetCPU's (or whatever OC app you use) "Set on Boot" flag, flash the boot.img that has the highest possible overclock, and incrementally test each frequency (note that you should give the frequencies a ~15 minute test to see if they really are stable). If a frequency is proven to be stable, go the next one, and then the one after that, and so on and so forth. The device will reboot if the frequency you set is unstable, and since "Set on Boot" is disabled, the device will reboot with the factory frequencies enabled (245-768). You can safely re-enable the "Set on Boot" flag once you've confirmed the highest frequency your device can run on. SetCPU also has a failsafe if "Set on Boot" is enabled when at an unstable frequency, in case you forget to disable it while testing frequencies (by booting into recovery, mounting the SD via USB, and creating a specifically named file on your SD card).

Great! Thank you! Maybe this should be in the "ultimate liquid guide" thingy? :huh:

Guest mail001
Quick question: Does the Gingerbead edition have flip animations or no flip animations?

Don't has.

There's a separate zip to flash in first page.

6. Flip animation for t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14 (file name "t_l_Gingerbread_Edition_anim.zip")

Edited by mail001

Guest Delnar_Ersike
I love the rom, thanks, it's snappy and battery life is much better than CM6.1 and LCR (which was a great improvement over official rom already).

However, I get a "Far Eas Tone" splash screen right after "Acer" and before the boot animation, what is that, and is there anyway I could change/remove it? My phone isn't even from Far EasTone.

It's not a big problem, just seems a bit strange.

You'll have to replace the bootsplash.rle file located in the ramdisk of OC'ed boot.img. You'll find the boot.img inside the .zip of any of the flashable zip's. As for editing the ramdisk inside a boot.img, here's a tutorial (you'll need to be on Linux or running a Linux VM).

I have problems with the volume of Google Maps, in this ROM is very low (with stock is ok).

Someone else found the same problem?

Same problem which was solved by LCR Team with the option of new codec.

I have the same problem :-( moreover I'm not able to play aac files (but I can play mp4 files)

Is there any way to fix these problems?

Guest HustlinDaily
Don't has.

There's a separate zip to flash in first page.

6. Flip animation for t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14 (file name "t_l_Gingerbread_Edition_anim.zip")

Perfect thanks. I didn't want flip animations so I can gladly flash the Gingerbread Edition.

You'll have to replace the bootsplash.rle file located in the ramdisk of OC'ed boot.img. You'll find the boot.img inside the .zip of any of the flashable zip's. As for editing the ramdisk inside a boot.img, here's a tutorial (you'll need to be on Linux or running a Linux VM).

Thanks a lot, not something I've tried before, but looks like it'd be fun to try over the weekends.

Guest Daxionan

Is tethering supposed to work ?

I activated tethering, I see the network on my laptop and I can connect to it but it doesn't grant web access, the connexion is seen as "local only".

Is tethering supposed to work ?

I activated tethering, I see the network on my laptop and I can connect to it but it doesn't grant web access, the connexion is seen as "local only".

I'm writing this via a tethered t&l liquid. Dose seam to drain the power super fast, tho when using wifi. still trying to work out why.

Guest fear_factory84

Repacked ritchen's v2_new kernel with t&l ramdisk ad update zip. Works for me with app2sd.

I've only updated the latest update for app2sd in this thread with latest ritchen's thread.

t_l_ritchen_v2_new_appsd_with_mt.zip (4.37 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/U0DBGLWLSB

t_l_ritchen_v2_new_appsd_without_mt.zip (4.36 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/J0DETOHEXH

All credits go to all the devs!

Bye

Guest mgasparel
Yes that's right.

See here http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Goog...f9334&hl=en

Im'm trying. Installed Google Translator and TTS Advanced. For now no success. Can't really activate TTS in Settings.

Trying better later.

Buon appetito! :huh:

EDIT:

It works now (it seems). Uninstall Maps and clean data with TitanumBackup. I installed also TalkBack from market. Then flash the package I attached (that is simply TTSService and PicoTTS). Reinstall Maps from Market. Then everythig works.

Dunno, maybe there is a cleaner way to make it work (probably just flashing TtsService and PicoTTS is enough). Just try it and tell me. Anyway it's simply what i2fish said, I took the apks from the package t_l_v03d.14_Stock_App2.zip

Here is my experience with the GPS issue...

After flashing the ROM, my GPS Navigation was stuck on 'Getting Directions'

Looking into my TTS settings (Settings>Voice Input>Text-To-Speech) I had eSpeakTTS installed, but when I would select 'Listen to an example' nothing would happen. I tried to uninstall and get a new copy from the market, with no luck.

Finally, I downloaded the package provided by nicknameless and flashed it via Malez. I went back into my TTS settings, chose 'Listen to an example' and it was working. Success! I opened up Google Maps and GPS Navigation now works!

Thanks for the help getting Navigation working guys!

Guest mail001
I have problems with the volume of Google Maps, in this ROM is very low (with stock is ok).

Someone else found the same problem?

How can I apply this solution to T&L?

there's some zip to flash?

Tnx

Edited by mail001

No there no zip to flash because it's integrated in the LCR F Rom

I don't know how it will be possible to incorporate this patch in the T&L but I'd like to see it :huh:

Edited by kaltan

Guest monoxide.tryst
Yes all synchronization are active. But still no push email.

I had the same problem when i was running this rom a little while back. It just went away after a couple days and went back to normal O.o

Guest kmbilly

I have been using this rom for some days and really love its speed & stability.

Today just suddenly found the stars in Andriod Market have back! Due to the recent new update of market?

Guest nqxh2012

Can not import the contacts from the SD card into the phone, can only be imported into the sim card or google, you can solve

Edited by nqxh2012

I have solved the sync problem of Gmail uninstalling it from the phone and reinstall from market. I can't flash the Oc files in first post, malez recovery tell me something about unmount fs from first page, someone can help?

Guest LoganX78

Hello, i use t&L (since the beginning) and now with new Kernel v2 version with compcache. I have a app2sd & swap partition too.

Now:

1) how can i active the compcache?

2) how can i active the swap ram?

3) how can i move one apps from SD to tel (when this app won't work on SD)?

Thanks in advance,

Logan