[ROM 2.2] t&l

Guest lgcmn

Guest kaltan
Very good ROM, thank you again.

Just a quick question, I can not find Kernel .08 OC and compatible with the old APP2SD?

Indeed, the Kernel OC V5 of the first page worked perfectly with version .14 but when I activate the old version APP2SD with the t&l .08 I have a boottloop ...

Kiss from France.

Same problem for me.

Guest dread2k9

Could you provide us with an animation package for 0.8 edition, too :(? Having graphical issues when flashing the 1.4 anim package over 0.8 rom ;-)^^

Guest lgcmn
Could you provide us with an animation package for 0.8 edition, too :(? Having graphical issues when flashing the 1.4 anim package over 0.8 rom ;-)^^

first post updated)

Guest Rajit

@lgcmn: Could you add the DSP manager from here zip to your first post as well? I have it flashed on my .14 and it works really well. Sadly, the audio on liquid without dsp is really a shame.

Edited by Rajit

Guest shahru98

hi guys, any tips on how to enable apps2sd? i tried using old method from malez recovery and end up with endless bootloops. :(

Edited by shahru98

Guest the red blue blur

so dont use .08

can anybody tell me the advanages?

please, dont tell me about battery, its a bullshit. ok, new radio (in bin), anything else?

Guest HustlinDaily
so dont use .08

can anybody tell me the advanages?

please, dont tell me about battery, its a bullshit. ok, new radio (in bin), anything else?

Well Android 2.2.2 includes many bugfixes including ones which protect you from potentially harmful apps like this one- http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/02/google-...th-big-downloa/ (never would have downloaded any of these apps but better safe than sorry).

Guest the red blue blur

harmfull apps are for fools, havent seen any.

any other advantages, that we meet in real life and everyday use?

it's looks like placebo for all people here (like quadrant100500 patch)...

Guest shahru98

why r u getting so worked up on this matter?

its up to the devs decision to implement it or not, and what rom ppl use also up to them.

Guest KingsizeX

Anyone having problems with ADW Launcher EX?

On context options menu I can't get the right language, it will always display what I think is "Polish" maybe? I can't figure it out.

Guest shahru98

if u put it that way, it is indeed, interesting. in this week i've been changing roms all over from one to another. as for acer, just dont depend on them. id like to think that our devs here r way better than theirs.

Guest HustlinDaily
if u put it that way, it is indeed, interesting. in this week i've been changing roms all over from one to another. as for acer, just dont depend on them. id like to think that our devs here r way better than theirs.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%

BUT I do have to give Acer credit on .08. I don't think that any manufacturer has released 2.2.2 let alone a pretty much stock version of it.

Guest edhunter666

The Metal Camera package, does it improve picture quality, speed etc or is it just the camera app itself that is different? And is it compatible with 0.8?

Guest jayziac
The Metal Camera package, does it improve picture quality, speed etc or is it just the camera app itself that is different? And is it compatible with 0.8?

There's no reason to be using the older default camera when the metal camera has a lot more options, including the much needed 'stabilized' mode, basically pushing ISO sensitivity to 1600 in dark settings so the shutter speed can be faster, reducing chance of a blur. One can also adjust saturation, contrast, sharpness & others. Only thing I miss is the 'infinite' locked focus mode in the older version, so you're forced to use auto focus all the time now (an added delay instead of instant snap). And yes it works with the latest .08 ROM.

I do wonder if the latest metal ROM has an updated metal camera though, since the .apk being passed around may be from the original metal ROM. Maybe someone can extract the metal camera.apk from the latest liquid metal ROM & compare filesizes.

Guest fear_factory84
Any solution for an app2sd compatible with last rom version?

you can use boot.img and scripts from rom fear_4.008.08.. in the next days I'll prepare a pack to be flashed on top of t&l..

hi guys, any tips on how to enable apps2sd? i tried using old method from malez recovery and end up with endless bootloops. :(

+1

hi

i use this application from market

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326

snap20110307123909.th.png

this application use a ext2 partition and move in this your application

thanks

This app is interesting... it lets you move only what you want......... never tried it..

Guest cage85

First of all - thanks for a great rom. I have tried many custom roms and this is by far the cleanest and fastest.

I have noticed two things in t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.08 that are a bit strange however:

1. There are lots of foreign bookmarks in the browser by default, not the usual Acer ones.

2. The homepage is (Italian?) vodaphone.

3. The Acer media widget and bookmark widget are included. Anyone know which apk file this is, so that I can remove it to save space?

4. There are no wallpapers. All wallpaper thumbnails are empty, and clicking one causes a force close.

Edited by cage85

Guest fear_factory84
First of all - thanks for a great rom. I have tried many custom roms and this is by far the cleanest and fastest.

I have noticed two things in t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.08 that are a bit strange however:

1. There are lots of foreign bookmarks in the browser by default, not the usual Acer ones.

2. The homepage is (Italian?) vodaphone.

3. The Acer media widget and bookmark widget are included. Anyone know which apk file this is, so that I can remove it to save space?

1. 2. Browser.apk should be edited to avoid default bookmarks and homepage.. but I don't know how to edit xml files inside the apk, they are encoded..

3. Media*.apk in /system/app maybe..

Guest mmick

4. There are no wallpapers. All wallpaper thumbnails are empty, and clicking one causes a force close.

I have the same problem. I get dark gray squares thumbnails and no wallpapers showing, the only one working is T&L one.

Can you post/indicate me where the default ones are?

Other than that the ROM is *FABULOUS*, thank you!