[ROM 2.2] t&l

Guest lgcmn

Guest lgcmn
1. There are lots of foreign bookmarks in the browser by default, not the usual Acer ones.

2. The homepage is (Italian?) vodaphone.

3. The Acer media widget and bookmark widget are included. Anyone know which apk file this is, so that I can remove it to save space?

4. There are no wallpapers. All wallpaper thumbnails are empty, and clicking one causes a force close.

1. this is a vodafone system, so nothing strange)

2. -//-

3. these widgets are part of Launcher2.apk, they can't be removed (if only u install another launcher)

4. all wallpapers were deleted from Launcher2.apk (that's where they were), so u have only one wallpaper (but now u have a 800kb launcher instead fo 5MB))

:(

Guest mmick
4. all wallpapers were deleted from Launcher2.apk (that's where they were), so u have only one wallpaper (but now u have a 800kb launcher instead fo 5MB))

:(

I find a great idea to remove them from the Launcher2.apk, but I like those images and I would like to have them on my SD card to whenever I want to use them. How can I find them?

Guest jayziac

Just a note, the proximity sensor still has a bug in that it drains the battery even when phone is sleeping (android system taking up more battery time than phone idle and cell standby). I've turned it off in settings > call settings > advanced settings.

Guest HustlinDaily

Ooohh so thats why Android System is on for more than 50% of the time when I am mostly on standby and thats why battery drains fast on .08.

Good to know. HOpefully this can be fixed.

Guest mmick
Just a note, the proximity sensor still has a bug in that it drains the battery even when phone is sleeping (android system taking up more battery time than phone idle and cell standby). I've turned it off in settings > call settings > advanced settings.

So that´s why!!! I also noticed that the battery drained faster and the android system took much more % than with my previous Acer stock ROM...

Any patch for that?

Guest edhunter666
There's no reason to be using the older default camera when the metal camera has a lot more options, including the much needed 'stabilized' mode, basically pushing ISO sensitivity to 1600 in dark settings so the shutter speed can be faster, reducing chance of a blur. One can also adjust saturation, contrast, sharpness & others. Only thing I miss is the 'infinite' locked focus mode in the older version, so you're forced to use auto focus all the time now (an added delay instead of instant snap). And yes it works with the latest .08 ROM.

I do wonder if the latest metal ROM has an updated metal camera though, since the .apk being passed around may be from the original metal ROM. Maybe someone can extract the metal camera.apk from the latest liquid metal ROM & compare filesizes.

Help! The phone shuts itself off when using the camera... Should i try to flash the apk again? Running .08 with 921mhz OC

Update: Actually i think maybe the auto-sync is making my phone turn itself of... In a short space of time my phone turned itself of several times right after i've turned it on.

I managed to turn of auto-sync, and it didn't shut down.. Anyone with a similar experience?

Edited by edhunter666

Guest jayziac

Always try to restore original clock speed (768 mhz) when encountering a problem. The chips were only tested to run at that speed, anything higher is taking a risk. I find the stock speed fast enough. It's usually the ROM software inefficiencies that slow things down. Overclocking drains the battery faster too. If normal clock speed still has the problem, then go into malez recovery, wipe individually, and reflash.

Interested in APPS2SD?

I'm using Link2SD on my Liquid with T&L and ext2 partition. Works smoothly without any kernel mods. I have 1GB ext2 partition for apps, 150mbs are already taken.

Guest fpbasilio
There's no reason to be using the older default camera when the metal camera has a lot more options, including the much needed 'stabilized' mode, basically pushing ISO sensitivity to 1600 in dark settings so the shutter speed can be faster, reducing chance of a blur. One can also adjust saturation, contrast, sharpness & others. Only thing I miss is the 'infinite' locked focus mode in the older version, so you're forced to use auto focus all the time now (an added delay instead of instant snap). And yes it works with the latest .08 ROM.

I do wonder if the latest metal ROM has an updated metal camera though, since the .apk being passed around may be from the original metal ROM. Maybe someone can extract the metal camera.apk from the latest liquid metal ROM & compare filesizes.

i cant seem to install the metal camera on gingerbread .08.

i flashed the zip from the first post, but after reboot the camera just disappears.

i also tried copying the apk to system partition and overwrite the old camera.apk then reboot but still the camera app disappears. any help?

Guest edhunter666
Always try to restore original clock speed (768 mhz) when encountering a problem. The chips were only tested to run at that speed, anything higher is taking a risk. I find the stock speed fast enough. It's usually the ROM software inefficiencies that slow things down. Overclocking drains the battery faster too. If normal clock speed still has the problem, then go into malez recovery, wipe individually, and reflash.

Understand, but the problems are so random. I can work perfect for a long time, then suddenly change for the worse... Is it enough to down clock to 768Mhz with the flashed OC Kernel?

Guest jayziac
i cant seem to install the metal camera on gingerbread .08.

i flashed the zip from the first post, but after reboot the camera just disappears.

i also tried copying the apk to system partition and overwrite the old camera.apk then reboot but still the camera app disappears. any help?

I just replaced /system/app/Camera.apk with the new metal camera, and it should work. It's a different app, so your previous shortcut may not work, go into the app drawer and launch it or add the new camera app.

Understand, but the problems are so random. I can work perfect for a long time, then suddenly change for the worse... Is it enough to down clock to 768Mhz with the flashed OC Kernel?

Yes, setting max 768 Mhz even with OC kernel should be enough to see if it's an OC problem, run it at 768 max for a few days to see if it's reproducible.

Guest fear_factory84

this bug is present since first acer's froyo leak.. there is no fix.....

Maybe we could avoid it on cyanogenmod based roms since our devs changed sensor driver and libraries, still not tested it.

So that´s why!!! I also noticed that the battery drained faster and the android system took much more % than with my previous Acer stock ROM...

Any patch for that?

Guest mr.gimo
Yes, setting max 768 Mhz even with OC kernel should be enough to see if it's an OC problem, run it at 768 max for a few days to see if it's reproducible.

Ho can we do it please? I'm @921MHz now but I'd like to try the stock speed because I don't like the battery consumption now...

Thank you.

gimo

Guest fpbasilio
I just replaced /system/app/Camera.apk with the new metal camera, and it should work. It's a different app, so your previous shortcut may not work, go into the app drawer and launch it or add the new camera app.

It doesnt even appear on the app drawer after i flash. or after i replace the camera.apk with new one.

dunno whats wrong

Guest jayziac
Ho can we do it please? I'm @921MHz now but I'd like to try the stock speed because I don't like the battery consumption now...

Thank you.

gimo

SetCPU is an app that allows setting max CPU. If you just flashed original 4.08.08.VFIT bin using Acer tools and then flashed this t&l_08.zip then the CPU is running at default speed (245-768mhz) and can't be overclocked. Don't flash any OC kernels is my suggestion.

It doesnt even appear on the app drawer after i flash. or after i replace the camera.apk with new one.

dunno whats wrong

Something seems wrong, I don't know how to help other than suggest reflash original bin, wipe, & flash t&l_08.zip, then metal_camera.zip.

Edited by jayziac

Guest scrpn

dunno whats wrong

I had to flash it twice (because on the first time it uninstall the stock camera and then when I re-flash the zip I finally had the metal camera)

Guest mr.gimo
SetCPU is an app that allows setting max CPU. If you just flashed original 4.08.08.VFIT bin using Acer tools and then flashed this t&l_08.zip then the CPU is running at default speed (245-768mhz) and can't be overclocked. Don't flash any OC kernels is my suggestion.

Thank you jayziac. After t&l I flashed the V5 OC BOOT's by keera @921MHz. Now if I change the max clock speed in SetCPU, it crashes. How can I go back flashing the default non-OC kernel please? Can I just flash the boot.img from t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.08.zip?

Guest fpbasilio
I had to flash it twice (because on the first time it uninstall the stock camera and then when I re-flash the zip I finally had the metal camera)

flashed, rebooted, flashed again, rebooted again and it worked! thanks!

Guest jayziac
Thank you jayziac. After t&l I flashed the V5 OC BOOT's by keera @921MHz. Now if I change the max clock speed in SetCPU, it crashes. How can I go back flashing the default non-OC kernel please? Can I just flash the boot.img from t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.08.zip?

I think so, though I've never just flashed a boot.img myself. Just complete ROM's as .zip. As long as recovery img is still intact you can always nand restore or reflash completely. (flashing using the Acer bin is where you could brick the phone)