[ROM 2.2] t&l

Guest lgcmn

Guest mgasparel

Just came on to say thanks for the awesome work!

I have tried a few different ROMs, but this one is my favorite so far. I couldn't get Cyanogen to run stable, and LCR was draining my battery like crazy. I have been using t&l for a few days now and my battery life has doubled... literally. Oh, and this ROM is FAST. My phone is ridiculously snappy compared to the other ROMs I've run (without any OC)

One question: When I'm on the home screen and hit my Search key, nothing happens. Is this because I don't have Google Search app installed?

Kind of off-topic: After I flashed a new bin (05.01.05), I can no longer use Vol Down + Power to boot into recovery (the phone won't turn on if I do button combinations). Is this normal?

Edited by mgasparel

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Ok, got everything setup n runnin, so got a few comments (more after extensive use)

A) ROM feels fast and light, i would recommend it. Flash playback (Southpark studios - Episodes on hi quality) looks great

:D After fixes etc, navigation works w no problems. On maps though, i got this same old issue that I usually manage to solve but can never remember how. If i tap and hold on the maps, the 'loading address' balloon shows up but never actually loads the address, thus no details/no street view. Anyone knows/remembers how to fix this?

C) When i try to export contacts to SD card (googlemail contacts) I get this error: 'Failed to export contact data - Could not initialize the exporter. ''The Uri vCard composer received is not supported by the composer.'' ' . Has anyone tried to export contacts? Has anyone had this error? Any possible solutions?

D) Any possibillity to get AOSP dialer/contacts and also get the android keyboard instead of the HTC one?

Thats all, any comments appreciated, thanx again for all the hard work. Will update with more impressions.

Guest elbartoo
Just came on to say thanks for the awesome work!

I have tried a few different ROMs, but this one is my favorite so far. I couldn't get Cyanogen to run stable, and LCR was draining my battery like crazy. I have been using t&l for a few days now and my battery life has doubled... literally. Oh, and this ROM is FAST. My phone is ridiculously snappy compared to the other ROMs I've run (without any OC)

One question: When I'm on the home screen and hit my Search key, nothing happens. Is this because I don't have Google Search app installed?

Kind of off-topic: After I flashed a new bin (05.01.05), I can no longer use Vol Down + Power to boot into recovery (the phone won't turn on if I do button combinations). Is this normal?

I was wondering the same thing about the search button but i restored Google search and still nothing... but i also noticed that à long press opens the vocal search !

any chance to make it work ?

Guest ruby_lovegood

hello guys!

I've just tried this rom and it works great. very very very great battery drain! this is the best rom for me since I'm kinda busy and dont have a lot of time to charge my phone (charging my phone once a day or sometimes, twice a day is annoying)

anyway, I still cant get the apps2sd working... anyone have any advice for me?

and oh, I dont know why but I seemed to have no issues regarding search button. I installed the google search app and it works perfectly. the only problem i faced (aside from my inability to get the apps2sd working) was the force close message on the keyboard (i dont know why). so I uninstalled it and installed the new .apk. works great until now.

Edited by ruby_lovegood

Hi,

is there a way to have display sensitivity script and adblocking like in lcr-f on t&l rom?

For adblocking, you can pull the adblock.apk out of the LCR install.zip. For screen sensitiity, you'll have to write the script yourself.

I think people are missing the point with this ROM. It's not about features and what not, it's more about having a compact, stable and fast ROM with as few unnecessary apps pre-installed as possible. It didn't even come with the Youtube app, for example.

so is or isn't working apps2sd (not froyo native, i mean the one that need ext2 partition) ?

thanks !

working with APPS2SD module.

Edited by Varyag

Guest ruby_lovegood
working with APPS2SD module.

how did you get the apps2sd module get to work? I tried to reflash the zip file but still couldnt get it :D

Edited by ruby_lovegood

how did you get the apps2sd module get to work? I tried to reflash the zip file but still couldnt get it :D

ohh...

did you enabled it in malez?

malez - other - apps2sd

how many RAM available after flash.

how long can the battery last? (please state how you use, crazy websurfing? wifi?)

i cant remember the exact ammount, but its about 160Mb..

as for the battery, if i'm not "crazy" using WiFi and playing games my Liquid lives for 2-3 days..

Guest Ximo F. Verde
how about the touch sensibility? (when compare to lcr-f which i use)

can i adjust? and how?

tank you.

For all asking for improoved sensitivity, the solution is out there for some time now, no need to have it incorporated in the ROM. Just download and install GScript Lite, un-zip the attached file (sensitivity.zip) and place sensitivity.sh in the gscript folder in the SDcard. Run gscript lite, add new script, choose sensitivity.sh and you got it. The preset values on the script are: sensitivity=20/noise=50 but i personally prefer sens=30/noise=50. You can use a text editor to change these values b4 running the script. I think that you must run the script after every reboot (not sure how to auto-run) but its better than nothing. Thats what ive been doing with FroyoMetal and now with T&L anyways..

Laters

sensitivity.zip

For all asking for improoved sensitivity, the solution is out there for some time now, no need to have it incorporated in the ROM. Just download and install GScript Lite, un-zip the attached file (sensitivity.zip) and place sensitivity.sh in the gscript folder in the SDcard. Run gscript lite, add new script, choose sensitivity.sh and you got it. The preset values on the script are: sensitivity=20/noise=50 but i personally prefer sens=30/noise=50. You can use a text editor to change these values b4 running the script. I think that you must run the script after every reboot (not sure how to auto-run) but its better than nothing. Thats what ive been doing with FroyoMetal and now with T&L anyways..

Laters

also u can make a file tweaks.sh, put any script in it and copy the file to /system/bin and it will apply at start up (this option is available only with our boot)

Edited by lgcmn

Guest dragonhk

many people say this rom has more ram, but when i flash, i find out there is only 66 when i kill all task after flash.

how many RAM do you got?

(I down the gingerbread version.)

Guest LoganX78
how many RAM available after flash.

how long can the battery last? (please state how you use, crazy websurfing? wifi?)

Installed it yesterday and after all program I have usually 30-40mb of ram.

many people say this rom has more ram, but when i flash, i find out there is only 66 when i kill all task after flash.

how many RAM do you got?

(I down the gingerbread version.)

what taskkiller\widget gives you 66?

hmmm... using RCM6.1 when i got ~100 in settings-applications, in some monitors\killers i got 30-60.

in this rom - the same.

Edited by Varyag

Guest dragonhk
what taskkiller\widget gives you 66?

hmmm... using RCM6.1 when i got ~100 in settings-applications, in some monitors\killers i got 30-60.

in this rom - the same.

i use es task killer.

i also check the ram in setting, runing service, it got 47 other and 53 + 49 available. does it mean i have 100?

how about in lcr f 1.1.2??? does anyone know?

i also check the ram in setting, runing service, it got 47 other and 53 + 49 available. does it mean i have 100?

how about in lcr f 1.1.2??? does anyone know?

yes. linux knows better.

lcr-f is in past... we should forget about it until lcr-f 2.0 release.

Guest Ximo F. Verde
When i try to export contacts to SD card (googlemail contacts) I get this error: 'Failed to export contact data - Could not initialize the exporter. ''The Uri vCard composer received is not supported by the composer.'' ' . Has anyone tried to export contacts? Has anyone had this error? Any possible solutions?

Sorry to repeat, but this is a rather important bug (if it happens to others) to ignore. Still cannot export contacts with this ROM! Anyone?

Thanx

Sorry to repeat, but this is a rather important bug (if it happens to others) to ignore. Still cannot export contacts with this ROM! Anyone?

Thanx

try to flash all stock apps and try to export.

MAYBE it will help :D