Gingerbread rom for Pulse - issues

Guest totiadrenalin

Guest Richard_Arkless
Just to let you know!

I ain't gonna drop this project.

Just yesterday I had so much work that I couldn't work on this project!

Sorry!

I'll give my best to make it work's!

neither will I, I think its best to think up of people who will help and email them, e.g. theres an issue with the framework where because its not the right one it cant go further than the bootanimation so we need to go to someone over here who knows that stuff and ask them whether they want to help out a bit. im sure they are willing to because it benefits them in the end

I believe that the reason for the pulses fall is that we havent got a team of developers like cyanogenmod does we just one person who develops one rom/project, this was my main reason behind my previous rom but I found that I was more collecting ideas than letting other people into the dropbox and help, so with this one I want to collect all the dedicated developers who are good in various aspects and develop just one rom instead of dozens

so going out to anyone if you think you can help in anyway with this rom then just message me and ill invite you to the dropbox folder so you can make changes and help

ive messaged twrock see if he wants to help

anyone else?

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest totiadrenalin

I found the answer!

Just remove /system/etc/init.d/30cpumem file from the rom.

This is the reason of the forced overclocking in boot!

Apply this changing and try if it boot!

Guest totiadrenalin
I found the answer!

Just remove /system/etc/init.d/30cpumem file from the rom.

This is the reason of the forced overclocking in boot!

Apply this changing and try if it boot!

I told you that I'll stand tight to this project!

The reason for the bootloop was the forced overclocking in during boot time!

And because of that ,the kernel doesn't let it the bootloop was happening after that.

Guest Richard_Arkless
I told you that I'll stand tight to this project!

The reason for the bootloop was the forced overclocking in during boot time!

And because of that ,the kernel doesn't let it the bootloop was happening after that.

im kinda confused which beta is this in cause that file isnt in any, maybe we should just have that as beta 1, so could you upload the rom with that change and ill delete the others and have that as beta 1

Guest totiadrenalin
im kinda confused which beta is this in cause that file isnt in any, maybe we should just have that as beta 1, so could you upload the rom with that change and ill delete the others and have that as beta 1

I'll try it once again.

Guest totiadrenalin
I'll try it once again.

Stock once again in the same bootloop

With the same reason in the logcat

We badly need some big help here.

I'm not some development that can make magics like TOM or BB!

:D

Guest totiadrenalin
Stock once again in the same bootloop

With the same reason in the logcat

We badly need some big help here.

I'm not some development that can make magics like TOM or BB!

:D

I'll try tomorrow one more thing.

To isolate only the cyanogenmod things and put them in the gingerRom.b2

I'll carefully look through each file in the CM7 Hero's rom and carefully take only the files that could help our rom to work properly.

I'll give my best.

I know that this is very huge task for one man, but I promise that I'll give my best.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Richard_Arkless

I got a reply from tom, he said

Hi Richard

I was hoping to get a CM7 rom done over the weekend, but I don't want to start on it until the CM6 changes are submitted for inclusion in the official cyanogenmod. Unfortunitely I didn't get time to finish off the CM6 bits. Hopefully I will have the CM6 stuff submitted by the end of the week (and a CM6.1 final release rom up) and then I can get started on CM7. Building a basic CM7 rom should be simple, getting features like sensors and camera working will probably depend on what has been changed in CM7 (camera in CM6 relied on the eclair camera framework being ported in and pre gingerbread sensors libs dont seem to work in gingerbread).

I will hopefully have my gingerbread source up in the next few days as well.

Cheers

Tom

so from the sounds of it he is going at it alone, maybe if we make bigger strides then he will reconsider but hes done this before with cm6 so by the time we get it booting he would have probably got other things working

Guest totiadrenalin
I got a reply from tom, he said

so from the sounds of it he is going at it alone, maybe if we make bigger strides then he will reconsider but hes done this before with cm6 so by the time we get it booting he would have probably got other things working

I just start over.

And I really thing so that The CM7 source would be The best solution to all of us.

I was learning how to build Android froum source for some dedicated device.

So first that I start this morning was trying to build the cm6 rom from scratch.

I get it booting. so I thing so that it is possible to build the gingerbread from source once the CM7 source is up in on the github.

I know that Tom knows all about building android for device, but he shouldn't work alone.

On this thread I want to getter the best Android developers on this forum, and with joined forces build our Gingerbread rom for pulse.

I know that there are some very good java devs. here on this forum.

We could make our own apps.

Like the cyanogenmod settings or something.

Also why not putting our own Wallpapers.

And of course!

But first of all let ues getter all in one here!

My best wishes!

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

Richard.

First try once again the GBPulse v1b2.zip.

It should mount the sdcard, and also let the a2sd with no problems.

I find, and fix that part now.

It is working. I promise.

Guest totiadrenalin
Richard.

First try once again the GBPulse v1b2.zip.

It should mount the sdcard, and also let the a2sd with no problems.

I find, and fix that part now.

It is working. I promise.

Now I'll add the old cm6 tweeks.

Something like the compcache module.

And try if it is working.

I'll load the module manually first, and then try to add the CMParts app from the cm7.

I'll give you report here for anything I do by order.

EDIT:

Ok Now!

I did something, and putting in dropbox.

Try this out man.

I didn't have the time enough to test it.

But It sure looks promising.

I'll give you report, right after i make nand backup first!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Richard_Arkless
Now I'll add the old cm6 tweeks.

Something like the compcache module.

And try if it is working.

I'll load the module manually first, and then try to add the CMParts app from the cm7.

I'll give you report here for anything I do by order.

EDIT:

Ok Now!

I did something, and putting in dropbox.

Try this out man.

I didn't have the time enough to test it.

But It sure looks promising.

I'll give you report, right after i make nand backup first!

oh cool, been in uni all day so havent had time to flash it but ill do it now

edit got a reply from big bear

Hi there Richard,

sure I'll have a look into this :D But bewarned, I don't have much time right now. I'm pretty busy with school.

So if I got that correctly the problem is the kernel?

My e-mail address: [email protected]

Best regards,

BB

:P, btw I was the one who hidden the email address, not him lol

EDIT 2: The rom doesnt work, it keeps boot looping B)

I take it the CM7Pulse v1a1.zip is the latest?, b2 has also been updated so ill try out that one

Guest totiadrenalin

:D, btw I was the one who hidden the email address, not him lol

EDIT 2: The rom doesnt work, it keeps boot looping :P

I take it the CM7Pulse v1a1.zip is the latest?, b2 has also been updated so ill try out that one

Ok now.

One more thing confirmed!

The CMparts works on the Toms aosp ginger rom.

So this is work in progress.

But still no chance to boot up the Modificated CM7 rom.

So no progress yet!

I just wanna know if and when the CM7 source code will bi up on github?

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

:D, btw I was the one who hidden the email address, not him lol

EDIT 2: The rom doesnt work, it keeps boot looping :P

Don't worry about the email of BB!

I can always reach BB. The other problem is that this CM7 os try to overclock the CPU.

First of all we have to find the reason of that.

So it's not in /system/etc/init.d/

I remove any possible file in there that want to interact with the CPU.

To be exact, there was only one script that really want to set the scaling_max and min freq

But now, I guess that there's some other problem with the libdvm.so

If the boot move further than this state it'll bootup.

I thing so, and also know so, that if we have the source code of the CM7 rom,

it'll be much, much, easier for everyone.

Tom have the config.gz file needed to compile the kernel.

Also he know which files ( binaries ) are needed from the 2.1 android to be putted in the rom, so the CM7 will bi working in no time.

And also I'm pretty sure that the CAM issue is because of some libs not compiled properly.

so from the sounds of it he is going at it alone.

Only because I expected most of it to basically just work. I did a quick CM7 build last night and most of it works. I don't think egl/hw accel is working and there are a few issues I want to look at before releasing anything, but it looks promising. I should have something up in the next few days.

Guest Fusion0306
Only because I expected most of it to basically just work. I did a quick CM7 build last night and most of it works. I don't think egl/hw accel is working and there are a few issues I want to look at before releasing anything, but it looks promising. I should have something up in the next few days.

Thanks, Tom G. It's great to see that we can count on you :D

I'll upload my current work-in-progress cm7 rom later today. I haven't had time to do much with it. It looks like we will have some serious space issues unless we can resize partitions, which means makng our own UPDATA files.

Guest CarpetDiem
I'll upload my current work-in-progress cm7 rom later today. I haven't had time to do much with it. It looks like we will have some serious space issues unless we can resize partitions, which means makng our own UPDATA files.

Oh,that's terrific! And could you plz change the first picture of the boot?The former one "T-mobile" looks really ugly....

Oh,that's terrific! And could you plz change the first picture of the boot?The former one "T-mobile" looks really ugly....

What I meant was that we currently can't make UPDATA files. Unless we can figure out how to there will be serious space issues with CM7 (the system partition doesn't fit BEFORE adding gapps, so i'm removing bits to make it fit but there will be no space left for gapps).

It looks like the partition sizes can be changed the same way I did it for the blade, but we need to be able to flash a modified appsboot.mbn, and the only way I know to do that on the Pulse is with UPDATA.

Ok, the rom is here.

This is really not ready for end-users, so I don't recommend anyone use it, but for the other developers that want to take a look, go for it.

It is very slow to boot, especially the first boot. 3G doesn't work for me on first boot, but that might be because of an apn that causes problems on the network I use, it is fine after I fix the apn problem and reboot.

Lights aren't working but should be an easy fix.

Sensors don't work, but I'm sure did when I first tested CM7.

There is no space on /system and gapps isn't installed. I think the only thing I removed from the default cm7 config was one of the audio packs (with the default cm7 config it was a few MB too big to fit in /system). Since cache goes to /data we could maybe mount mtdblock3 somewhere in /system to add more space (eg. puts /system/apps on mtdblock3 (cache 20MB)), but it would be better to modify the partition sizes and effectively remove the cache partition.

Camera doesn't work.

I don't think egl works.

There may be many other things that don't work.

Edited by Tom G

Guest arlindo.costa
Ok, the rom is here.

This is really not ready for end-users, so I don't recommend anyone use it, but for the other developers that want to take a look, go for it.

It is very slow to boot, especially the first boot. 3G doesn't work for me on first boot, but that might be because of an apn that causes problems on the network I use, it is fine after I fix the apn problem and reboot.

Lights aren't working but should be an easy fix.

Sensors don't work, but I'm sure did when I first tested CM7.

There is no space on /system and gapps isn't installed. I think the only thing I removed from the default cm7 config was one of the audio packs (with the default cm7 config it was a few MB too big to fit in /system). Since cache goes to /data we could maybe mount mtdblock3 somewhere in /system to add more space (eg. puts /system/apps on mtdblock3 (cache 20MB)), but it would be better to modify the partition sizes and effectively remove the cache partition.

Camera doesn't work.

I don't think egl works.

There may be many other things that don't work.

TMN A1/U8230 doesn't have the space problem the pulse has. CM7 Alpha1 working

A lot slower than CM6.1

Wifi connects. Am able to use the Market but not the browser (DNS issue or something of the sort?). Reconnects after sleep.

A2SD working well.

Thanks for all the work Tom ;)

Edited by arlindo.costa

TMN A1/U8230 doesn't have the space problem the pulse has. CM7 Alpha1 working

A lot slower than CM6.1

Wifi connects. Am able to use the Market but not the browser (DNS issue or something of the sort?). Reconnects after sleep.

A2SD working well.

Thanks for all the work Tom ;)

Is the TMN A1/U8230 one of the higher spec devices with 256MB RAM? I've never had confirmation that my roms work on the higher spec version.

I don't know how the partitions are setup on the version with the larger nand, but I would expect a bigger system partition on them. Can you please provide output from 'cat /proc/mtd' on your phone.

Thanks.