[RECOVERY] : RA_Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Well, I'm back to Clockwork now but I tried "adb shell" and no, it didn't connect.

did the device not show up when you did adb devices? or did it just time out when you connected? or something else?

Guest fonix232
Why might those two things matter? :D

Recovery mount system works on the MTD mount system, but as the kernel it is built upon has the partition addresses wrong (not in the order of the new partition layout), it fails to load.

Guest Sebastian404

I guess the other thing to try for the people who cant get it work...

boot your device as normal, and then do a 'adb reboot recovery'... in-case that's the problem

Guest kallt_kaffe
did the device not show up when you did adb devices? or did it just time out when you connected? or something else?

Don't remember but I'll flash it again to see what happens.

EDIT: Btw the recovery image has the wrong base adress. Not that it have mattered before but perhaps it's get picky about it after flashing the hungarian .mbn files?

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Sebastian404
Don't remember but I'll flash it again to see what happens.

thanks, its a bit hard to work out why some people are having issues and others not....

Guest fonix232
I guess the other thing to try for the people who cant get it work...

boot your device as normal, and then do a 'adb reboot recovery'... in-case that's the problem

Have you added the patch what was in the CWM builds, what redirected the FTM mode into Recovery? As the Power on + volume down boots into FTM (a strip-down recovery), and CWM had a little patch what checked if it is FTM mode, if yes, rebooted to recovery.

Guest TheDOC1

I've got the same problem: When pushing VolDown, it hangs on the flipped "Android" text. Cannot adb shell into it. No device shows up on adb devices.

adb reboot recovery works and I'm getting the recovery menu.

I've got the modaco alpha 5 and my own froyo kernel. Nothing done on the paritioning part.

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest Sebastian404
EDIT: Btw the recovery image has the wrong base adress. Not that it have mattered before but perhaps it's get picky about it after flashing the hungarian .mbn files?

Interesting... your right, here is the line in my build script....

mkbootimg --cmdline '' --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk newramdisk.cpio.gz --base 0x03000000 --output ../recovery.img

but somehow it ends up as 03008000 in the image.....

hmmmm

Guest Sebastian404
I've got the same problem: When pushing VolDown, it hangs on the flipped "Android" text. Cannot adb shell into it. No device shows up on adb devices.

adb reboot recovery works and I'm getting the recovery menu.

I've got the modaco alpha 5 and my own froyo kernel. Nothing done on the paritioning part.

Ok. thats interesting, I'm using EXACTLY the same script as I did from my clockwork build.since I copied it from there.... and the same kernel too...

ah,,, tho i did actually miss out the 'reboot' binary........ that will be why its not happy :! DOH!!!

new version coming up :D

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest kallt_kaffe
Since it works for kallt_kaffe, I'll leave it on the device for some time, awaiting debugging instructions. :D

But actually it worked when I used "adb reboot recovery" instead of holding volume down so that might what made it work.

Guest Arr Too
CWM had a little patch what checked if it is FTM mode, if yes, rebooted to recovery.

Ooh, thanks for that little insight: every time I use ClockworkMod I wonder about why it looks like it's doing a double boot.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Interesting... your right, here is the line in my build script....

mkbootimg --cmdline '' --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk newramdisk.cpio.gz --base 0x03000000 --output ../recovery.img

but somehow it ends up as 03008000 in the image.....

hmmmm

That's normal but the real base is 0x02A00000 (which ends up as 0x02A08000) but it doesn't seem to matter what you put in boot.img. appsboot.img seems to be hardcoded to use 0x02A00000 no matter what boot.img says.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ok. thats interesting, I'm using EXACTLY the same script as I did from my clockwork build.since I copied it from there.... and the same kernel too...

ah,,, tho i did actually miss out the 'reboot' binary........ that will be why its not happy :! DOH!!!

:P

Guest TheDOC1

Why did it work for kallt_kaffe after reflashing and for you then?

Guest Sebastian404
Why did it work for kallt_kaffe after reflashing and for you then?

Thats a VERY interesting question... I have on my list of things to look into a better way of getting from FTM to recovery mode... the reboot method works, but its a bit.... nasty hack

Guest fonix232
Thats a VERY interesting question... I have on my list of things to look into a better way of getting from FTM to recovery mode... the reboot method works, but its a bit.... nasty hack

But, if FTM is on the recovery partition (as I read), then couldn't you simply redirect the switch-on to recovery instead of FTM by first?

There should be a way, maybe replacing FTM with the recovery start code?

Guest Sebastian404
But, if FTM is on the recovery partition (as I read), then couldn't you simply redirect the switch-on to recovery instead of FTM by first?

There should be a way, maybe replacing FTM with the recovery start code?

I need to look into it, but I thought it was something to do with what run level it stops at.. since its not yet started things like USB/Input... sounds like its at a very low runlevel... maybe Single User mode...

As I say something else on my list of things to poke at.

Guest Sebastian404
Exactly!

I'm not going to swear to it, since I've not got my other device to hand, but I'm sure I tested it using the VOL DOWN key....

Anyway,. I have uploaded a new version on the first page.... see if thats better for people?

Guest Sebastian404
Yes, new version works with VolDown.

Argh.. changing the version of busybox to get reboot working seems to of upset SD card partitioning tho.....

working on fixing that...