[RECOVERY] : RA_Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest IronDoc

New version fixed backup for me, though adb still doesn't work. I guess my drivers aren't working with it. I'll be going back to clockwork anyway for ROM Manager integration, don't really need the extra stuff this does.

Guest TheDOC1

Backup works again.

But I cannot wipe sd-ext (I've got an ext3 partition for sd-ext). It says "Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such device)". Mounting /sd-ext doesn't work as well. I think I tried that with the first version and it was working there.

Mounting sd-ext actually works via adb shell (mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext).

Could it be because it tries to mount it ext4?

{ "SDEXT:", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/dev/block/mmcblk0", NULL, "/sd-ext", "ext4" },

Yes, that's the reason. It gives the same error message (No such device) if I try to mount it with -t ext4 in the shell.

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest TheDOC1

Here is my fixed version with ext3 instead of ext4:

recovery_RA_blade_v2.0.0_fixed_ext3.img

diff --git a/roots.c b/roots.c

index fb917f5..e2c2d28 100755

--- a/roots.c

+++ b/roots.c

@@ -53,7 +53,7 @@ static RootInfo g_roots[] = {

{ "PACKAGE:", NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, g_package_file },

{ "RECOVERY:", g_mtd_device, NULL, "recovery", "/", g_raw },

{ "SDCARD:", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1", "/dev/block/mmcblk0", NULL, "/sdcard", "vfat" },

-	{ "SDEXT:", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/dev/block/mmcblk0", NULL, "/sd-ext", "ext4" },

+	{ "SDEXT:", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/dev/block/mmcblk0", NULL, "/sd-ext", "ext3" },

{ "SYSTEM:", g_mtd_device, NULL, "system", "/system", "yaffs2" },

{ "MBM:", g_mtd_device, NULL, "mbm", NULL, g_raw },

{ "TMP:", NULL, NULL, NULL, "/tmp", NULL },

I think, the better fix would be a kernel with ext4 support.

@Sebastian404: Do you have your kernel source (with .config) somewhere? Anyway thanks for the great work on the recovery.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thanks KK,

however with the Kernel its too big to fit into the recovery partion.. is there anyway you can rebuild and set the Kernel compression mode to LZMA ?

Tried that but it didn't boot as recovery. However the LZMA version worked fine with LZMA compressed intird with JJ. Propably something to do with that the 2.6.32.9 kernel is compiled without console support.

However, instead I compiled a 2.6.29 kernel with EXT4 support (attached). It also using my 2.6.29 base so it shouldn't invert colors on TFT phones.

DOH! Just realized I compiled it with AHB overclocking enabled so I removed the attachment, new non-AHB-overclocked version coming soon.

EDIT: Here we go. The correct zImage attached.

zImage.zip

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Sebastian404

Hmm, your right about the mounting ext4....

Ive never really looked into the A2SD stuff... is there any support for EXT4 partitions for the blade? would it be better to add the EXT4 with KK's kernel or tkae it back to EXT3?

Guest Sebastian404
Here is my fixed version with ext3 instead of ext4:

Its more that the problem is that ext4 is not supported... it should mount try to mount as ext4 and then fall back to ext3, then ext2 and then give up.....

I think

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Afrodude
Hmm, your right about the mounting ext4....

Ive never really looked into the A2SD stuff... is there any support for EXT4 partitions for the blade? would it be better to add the EXT4 with KK's kernel or tkae it back to EXT3?

KK added Ext4 support in RLS6 of JJ. (not tried it yet though). All the other froyo builds only support EXT3. Eclair ones only EXT2 (unless your using a custom kernel).

Edited by Afrodude

Guest Sebastian404
However, instead I compiled a 2.6.29 kernel with EXT4 support (attached). It also using my 2.6.29 base so it shouldn't invert colors on TFT phones.

I'm interested in what you did about your 2.6.29 base working with TFT... I thought the latest source we got from ZTE had TFT drivers already? when I got TFT owners to test out clockworkmod, they all seemed to be happy with it, and I'm using the same kernel with this.....

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest fonix232
I'm interested in what you aid about your 2.6.29 base workin with TFT... I thought the latest source we got from ZTE had TFT drivers already? when I got TFT owners to test out clockworkmod, they all seemed to be happy with it, and I'm using the same kernel with this.....

The latest CWM inverts colors on TFT models!

Guest vareBlade

Latest CWM? 2.5.1.8? It works fine for my TFT Blade.

Actually i was using the 2.5.0.9 till yesterday night and the android robot was getting the blue tint but when i flashed the 2.5.1.8 the tint was gone and the orientation is fixed too :D

Guest fonix232
You know, your the first person to tell me that!

Or at least, release3 of 2.5.1.8!

It is not a big problem, I always liked blue bars better, so :D

Guest vareBlade
Im going to end up buying a TFT device... I can see

lmao, buy the greek one and get me a stock rom which includes the recovery partition :D

Or at least, release3 of 2.5.1.8!

It is not a big problem, I always liked blue bars better, so :P

Did u install the 512mb fix?

Edited by vareBlade

Guest fonix232

Yep I did (actually, T-Mobile did it for me, I was one of the first guys who got it). But the older version (release2 I guess) had no problems after the 512MB update, only release3 (what fixed SD-EXT mount).

Guest fonix232
I heard people got their blades fixed (from those bars) after they did the Hungarian 512mb fix, not the opposite :S

My phone has no bars (if you refer to the gradient problem) and had no gradient problems before the update.

The only problem is, that red and blue are inverted in current recovery. That's all!

Guest aslsthlm
Please find attached *MY* build of the latest version of Amon_RA's RA-Recovery for the ZTE-Blade.

It was built with on the latest 2.6.29 kernel source from ZTE, so it should work on all devices OLED+TFT, It is not officially supported by Amon_RA, please do not bother him with support questions for this build.

I have tested it as much as I can, but I'm always open to any more constructive feedback.

Please see one post down for a change log for THIS build.

Please see two posts down for Amon_RA's readme/change log

To install

• Unplug the USB cable, turn off your device and take out the battery
  • Replace the battery and turn the device on holding the 'volume up' key. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.
  • Plug the device into the PC.
  • From a command prompt run 'fastboot flash recovery recovery_RA_blade-v2.0.0.img'
  • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot reboot'

To enter recovery mode, restart your device holding down the 'volume down' key, or type 'adb reboot recovery' from the command line.

The source to build RA-Recovery can be found on my GitHub

recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0.img - md5 : cee91855800ed1f67c88cb5a4b2edd34

It should be fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0.img "no underlines before and after RA"

Guest Sebastian404
It should be fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-blade-v2.0.0.img "no underlines before and after RA"

uploading the file here seems to change the file name... I'm just uploading it else where before I edit the first post

Guest aslsthlm
uploading the file here seems to change the file name... I'm just uploading it else where before I edit the first post

ok, thx, works like a charm :D

Guest Sebastian404
Also would it be possible to make the signature verification in this default to off rather than on?

to be honest, that annoys me too, but that's how the original is....

I'd hope that amon_ra would share the source to the latest version and we could start giving him 'improvements'

Edited by Sebastian404