[RECOVERY] : RA_Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Actually it is. Most of the characters (!?:| etc) are illegal, and won't accepted by the systems. Even if the file system supports it, the driver mostly won't (or a final-layer security disables it like Windows).

No problems creating such folder in FAT32 volume.

post-775308-1295417768_thumb.png

Speaking of most filesystems, *nix file systems typically support all characters for names except NULL and '/'.

Edited by MDCFan

Guest fonix232
No problems creating such folder in FAT32 volume.

post-775308-1295417768_thumb.png

Speaking of most filesystems, *nix file systems typically support all characters for names except NULL and '/'.

Then is it only NTFS? I haven't tried on Unix FSs, as I mostly use NTFS for cross-platform work (I have to HDDs: an 500GB one with a Linux ext4, a Win NTFS system (plus it's 100MB resident SLIC drive), and a Data storage NTFS, and a 1TB one with separate 800GB data/download drive, a 100GB android and a 100GB etc development drive, all NTFS) as it is the only bigfile-supporting FS what Windows can read/mount without any extensions (and Windows was crying when I tried to create a folder with ~,;!? in it's name, but can't test right now, Win7 fried from a stupid iPhone4).

Seb, any updates on the key-holding boot system? I am getting tired of waiting for a min when I want to boot into recovery (FMT mode stays on (with reverse Android title) for a min then reboots to recovery only).

As you said, this FMT is on the recovery partition. Then when running it, why don't you modify the standard recovery boot procedure to include that option too, instead of booting into a fake FMT? I mean, when the recovery boots, it gets a specific message from the hardware to boot in that mode. So, if you can catch this message, add it to the recovery boot options, so when received, it won't load the fake FMT but into recovery ;)

Also, nice work on 2.2.1, I really like the new on-the-go mount feature (just needed to take out the memcard, forgot to put it back, ofcourse could not mount the sd-ext partitions, etcetc, put it in without reboot, and it worked! :) :D)

Edited by fonix232

Guest Maringer

Hi there.

Nice to see an alternative to Clockwork available and Seb's Recovery Manager makes it nice and easy to install different recoverys as well.

I'm planning to install a new memory card in my girlfriend's phone - the 2GB card which came with the phone isn't capacious enough as she requires more space for her music. However, I've got her apps installed on a 500meg ext partition (ext.3, I believe) as the ROM/firmware supports Apps2SD.

From a brief scan around the web, I understand that I should be able to avoid losing the Apps2SD apps on the ext partition by creating a Nand +ext backup and following this procedure:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-641144.html

My question is this, which recovery should I use for this process? I note that Seb's RA_Recovery in this thread should support Nand+ext backups if the release notes are anything to go by. However, at present my girlfriend's phone has Seb's Clockwork Recovery 2.5.1.8 installed. I've not been able to ascertain if this Clockwork Recovery for the Blade also supports Nand+ext backups.

Does anybody know if either of these recoverys will successfully save a Nand+ext backup for my attempted SD card swap?

Ideally, I would prefer not to have to bother messing around reinstalling all her apps, if at all possible!

Edit: Incidentally, on my SF, the Apps2SD uses an ext. 2 partition. Would I see any benefits moving from ext.2 to ext.3 or even ext.4?

Edited by Maringer

Guest digital0
Then is it only NTFS? ... (and Windows was crying when I tried to create a folder with ~,;!? in it's name, but can't test right now, Win7 fried from a stupid iPhone4).

No. Both NTFS and FAT allow !. ? is of course not allowed as well as *, because they are wildcards.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sebastian404

A couple of people have asked, this will not install CyanogenMod.

I have created a version that will, however I noticed 2.3 is now the most current version, I have asked Amen to share his source, and assuming he does, I will update to that.

Hmmm ,should I update 2.2.1 to work with CM7 or wait for 2.3 source....

hmmmmmm

Doesn't your CM version work with CM7? I just flashed that today after I'd tried the CM 2.0.0 version out.

Your 2.2.1 version is better than the CM 2.0.0 version, so if it's going to be a long wait for 2.3 source & an easy fix for 2.2.1, then I think you should. Will it be able to flash every rom & zip available for the blade, the old ones & the new cw 3.0 style after you do this fix? will 2.3 still work with the old style zips?

If you can do a version that'll work with every rom, then it'd be good for me to use it as the boot.img for my partition mod.

Also, is there a way to get it to flash nandroid backups from the clockworkmod directory? Amon-ra & clockwork use different directories for their nandroid backups, so amon-ra cant see clockwork backups & vice versa, without renaming directories.

Edited by wbaw

found this http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/amon_r...e-v2.0.0-CM.img

I take it that it's not Sebastian404's version, as that's a CyanogenMod mirror

This version wont flash CM7 either :huh:

Seb, if you could update your version of amon-ra to work with CM7 that'd be great, especially if it doesn't lose compatibility with the older style of zips.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hecatae

It would be nice to see an update, it seems friendlier than clockwork, not as many no no no no no no yes no no, and it can partition an sd card to not have any swap or ext2, unlike clockwork, used it to fix my sdcard

Guest Beard
It would be nice to see an update, it seems friendlier than clockwork, not as many no no no no no no yes no no, and it can partition an sd card to not have any swap or ext2, unlike clockwork, used it to fix my sdcard

+1 :D

Guest hecatae

can I just do a straight swap to install this instead of 2.5.1.8 CWM that comes with Swedish Snow?

and whats the difference between 2.2.1.img and 2.2.1-CM.img ?

edit answered my own question, CM stands for CyanogenMod Colours /Colors

Edited by hecatae

Guest Sebastian404

An update is coming, but probably not till the weekend, I'm hella-busy this week with my 'real' job... :D

Guest hecatae
An update is coming, but probably not till the weekend, I'm hella-busy this week with my 'real' job... :D

ok thank you, will be most appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Erm, that is just another copy of my original version, not an updated version..

However, the new version (uploaded) will install CyanogenMod....

Sorry, I assumed it'd be a new cyanogen version, that'd install cyanogen, since it's on one of their mirrors.

Thanks for updating it :D

Will this version install all roms then now? Amend and Edify scripts? or just newer clockworkmod 3 style edify scripts? Does it support ext3 & everything else too?

Guest TheDOC1

Just a quick bug report: SD card partitioning doesn't work:

Partition sdcard?

Press Home to confirm,

any other key to abort.

Use volume-keys to

increase/decrease size,

Home to set (0=NONE) :

Swap-size  =   32 MB

Swap-size  =	0 MB

Swap-size  =	0 MB : NONE

Ext2-size  =  512 MB

Ext2-size  =  640 MB

Ext2-size  =  512 MB

Ext2-size  =  512 MB : SET

FAT32-size = Remainder

Continue partitioning?

Press Home to confirm,

any other key to abort.

Partitioning sdcard : .1>&2: line 1: /sbin/sdparted: Permission denied

Oops... something went wrong!

Please check the recovery log!
sdparted permission is lacking +x:
-rw-r--r--	1 1000	 1000		16124 Apr  3 09:16 sdparted

ext2 to ext3 and 3 to 4 doesn't work as well but without any useful information in the recovery.log.

Edited by TheDOC1