Accelerometer FIX for Vega with Modaco r6 ROM

Guest newbe5

Guest Infnordz

I did this:

• Made a new folder
  • Copied adb-windows.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsnApi.dll and install-windows.bat to the folder
  • Made a "files" sub-folder, and moved the system folder into it
  • Edited install-windows.bat and ran it

install-windows.bat:

@echo off

echo Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings->Applications->Development and connect to PC

adb-windows.exe wait-for-device

echo Remounting system partition

adb-windows.exe remount

adb-windows.exe shell stop

echo Copying new files

adb-windows.exe push files /

echo Done, rebooting

adb-windows.exe reboot

pause

It worked fine.

Hi

I have the Vega the last 4 days and I have been reading the forum since then.

I have 1.06.5 with MCR 6 perfomance pack, and I push the files of zip with the adb metod. No problems but the rotation no works. Download Acceleration Sensor App and my accelerometer does not work. Is a software problem or a hardware problem?

EDIT:

The fix work fine!!!!

My accelorometer was blocked by the Hard Lock button. I thought was the key lock button....

Haha, that was you I was helping over on XDA then? ;)

Guest simonta

To Windows folks who are new to Android.

One of the weird things (from a Windows perspective) is that Linux (upon which Android is built) does not need an executable file to have a particular extension, or indeed any extension at all. Android is also very fussy about the file permissions on it's system files.

I bet many of the problems here are from incorrect permissions. In particular, getting permissions wrong with framework will freeze your boot.

If you copy a new framework file (or any file except on your SD card), make sure you also use chmod to set the permissions to the same as the original file. Most people who post fixes tell you what the permissions need to be. If not, find out BEFORE you replace the file and do NOT reboot until you've set them correctly.

If you want to know more about Linux permissions:

http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/filepermissions.html

Edited by simonta

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nemes1s

Ok, I'm struggling here!

Have Vega is debugging mode (beetle shows on bar). Using Pauls usb driver. In device manager it shows Android Composite ADB Interface so that seems ok too.

However I always get

error: device not found

ie: if I do adb shell

This has to be something dumb I'm doing! New to adb if you couldnt tell ;)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction. Do I need to use the stock USB driver from Advent?

• 3 weeks later...
Bumperty bump bump, anyone know if this works on mcr8? I want to play speedx lol

Yup it does but only push the libflinger client :-) The framework patch isn't needed at all since 1.08. Oh and also, pushing the libflinger will kill mouse support, so its either-or right now. For gaming this patch doesn't seem to be 100% responsive, but I can't tell if that is fixable or if it is just a limitation of the vega g-sensor.

Zeb

Edited by newbe5

Guest Lennyuk
Yup it does but only push the libflinger client :-) The framework patch isn't needed at all since 1.08. Oh and also, pushing the libflinger will kill mouse support, so its either-or right now. For gaming this patch doesn't seem to be 100% responsive, but I can't tell if that is fixable or if it is just a limitation of the vega g-sensor.

Zeb

Thanks I will take a look when I have time then (probably this weekend)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest warwound
does this fix the google skymap being out 90 degrees?

Nope :D.

Tried with and without the game mode enabled.

That's with MCR r8.

warwound.

Guest SafkaFIN
OK try ALSO pushing THIS (same deal, just extract the zip then push with ADB) to /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so

Let me know if it works :(

Greetings from Finland. Thumbs up for Newbe5! I also managed to get the accelerometer working. I thougth that it's impossible to get it working cause there hasn't been a fix earlier... :D

Guest matthewgwilt
Not tested with Skymap, there is a possibility that this will fix it, but it's intended primarily for games, some other apps sense the accelerometer calibration incorrectly, and those kind of need to be fixed in the app itself.

you cant use symap because there is no gps on the vega. Any reading on the display will be completely inaccurate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bream
you cant use symap because there is no gps on the vega. Any reading on the display will be completely inaccurate

you can use sky map if you use TetherGPS and tether the vega to your moby

Edited by bream

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shoban

I am using Pauls r8 ROM on the Vega, all works amazing apart from I get the same issues on the accelerometer, I noticed if I turned the unit upside down i.e. webcam at bottom the games like raging thunder worked, but with no screen flip no chance of playing game. Will this fix work on r8?

Cheers

Guest premieral
I am using Pauls r8 ROM on the Vega, all works amazing apart from I get the same issues on the accelerometer, I noticed if I turned the unit upside down i.e. webcam at bottom the games like raging thunder worked, but with no screen flip no chance of playing game. Will this fix work on r8?

Cheers

look back about 7 posts :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mre15

Any chance of a newer cwm version. The zip doesnt work with the later versions. Mentions something about scripts and edify no longer supported.

Cheers.

Edited by mre15

Guest spottyelephant

Zeb

Hi there,

You must be sick of this by now, but could you tell me whether this works when using firmware 1.09 and rc8?

I'm gonna do it for my mates tablet, but don't wanna ruin anything on him!

Thanks

Guest simonta
you can use sky map if you use TetherGPS and tether the vega to your moby

How does Skymap work without a compass? With only GPS and an accelerometer, it has no way of knowing which way you're looking.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hicksandhudson
The flash fix? Definitely is working for me :/

Hello All

This fixed Doodlejump (which is great) and works for Raging Thunder (though you have to get the sensitivity just right to be able to play it)

Unfortunately doesn't seem to work for Riptide GP

Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RogueStuart
Hi there,

You must be sick of this by now, but could you tell me whether this works when using firmware 1.09 and rc8?

I'm gonna do it for my mates tablet, but don't wanna ruin anything on him!

Thanks

Did you manage to get it working?