Accelerometer FIX for Vega with Modaco r6 ROM

Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5

Thats happened to me before, and I can still use ADB, but you can always go into recovery by holding the back button for 2 seconds, then the power button for 2 seconds at the same time. Pretty sure thats the key combo, then you should be able to get into ADB recovery mode and connect that way, there are posts around the forum about this same thing.

Guest bearded1

raging thunder 1 & 2 working with game mode off! but takes a while to pick up on the movement so steer into those corners early! turbofly3d still not working with game mode on or off dammit..

atilt3d labyrinth is reversed unless game mode on in settings as well.. but i least i can play racing games! sort of..

Edited by bearded1

Guest Adam Bennett
OK try ALSO pushing THIS (same deal, just extract the zip then push with ADB) to /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so

Let me know if it works :D

Can confirm that this works in Raging Thunder 2 Lite. The "Acceleration Sensor" app on the market reports that the accelerometer is orientated correctly too. Good Work newbe5!!!

Guest thedicemaster

well, recovery mode isn't really starting either.

backlight turns on, but nothing beyond that.

EDIT: got in recovery, but no adb.

Edited by thedicemaster

Guest bearded1
Can confirm that this works in Raging Thunder 2 Lite. The "Acceleration Sensor" app on the market reports that the accelerometer is orientated correctly too. Good Work newbe5!!!

yup - "Acceleration Sensor" seems to be fine apart from when i have the vega in portrait 90 degrees left - then the 'sensor ball' ends up on the right (or bottom) of the screen but is at the top for all other orientations

Thanks newbe5 - good work!

Guest newbe5

You might have to install the ADB recovery driver, check in device manager.

Guest Restless_UK

i tried this on raging thunder 2 lite and it seems to be working fine, plus "Acceleration Sensor" reports the same findings as Bearded1 that three of the four sides work fine but one side will make the circle move to the left, though this is the left hand side so would be portrait upside down thus unlikely to be used. I tried flash as well and the seems to be working though dolphin hd crashed the first time i tried bbc iplayer...

i was wondering when you do a pull of framework, where dows it go as i tried "adb pull /system/framework/framework.jar /frameworkold/framework.jar" and it transfered but i don't know where. i hadn't created the folder "frameworkold" so maybe thats why but it said is transfered over, thus before i did the push i copied your file back over incase it had overwritten the one in root adb...

Guest emergant

If you're in the nvudia recovery mode, you can only use nvflash to r. eplace whole Roms or partitions. This runs at a lower level than android.

EDIT. Nvflash as used when you run the advent flash utility. You will of course revert to stock

Edited by emergant

Guest bearded1

i did it (or at least think i did it this way) by:

renaming the adb-windows file in the r6 download to just 'adb'

copying the 2 downloaded and extracted files to the r6 download (and now renamed adb) folder location

then in a dos prompt go to where adb is in your r6 folder

type in adb remount

paste into your DOS window 'adb push framework.jar /system/framework/framework.jar'

paste into your DOS window 'adb push libsurfaceflinger_client.so /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so'

reboot!

and for good measure i reinstalled my flashplayer just in case

oh, and it helps to remember to swich away from usb host mode first like i completely forgot to do.. or it won't work at all at all <sigh> i'm such a noob..

and though raging thunder now works properly its precision is up but laggs horribly like Higgsy says in #37

Edited by bearded1

Guest Higgsy

to be fair raging thunder 2 still plays like a pile of poop, precisin seems a little better but its laggy in respect it takes a second to react to your movements

Guest Restless_UK
i did it (or at least think i did it this way) by:

renaming the adb-windows file in the r6 download to just 'adb'

copying the 2 downloaded and extracted files to the r6 download (and now renamed adb) folder location

then in a dos prompt go to where adb is in your r6 folder

paste into your DOS window 'adb push framework.jar /system/framework/framework.jar'

paste into your DOS window 'adb push libsurfaceflinger_client.so /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so'

reboot!

and for good measure i reinstalled my flashplayer just in case

oh, and it helps to remember to swich away from usb host mode first like i completely forgot to do.. or it won't work at all at all <sigh> i'm such a noob..

i would add a "adb remount" before the ADB push etc.. so that you can write to that location.. it might solve some of the issues people report with it saying file is read only..

Guest bearded1
i would add a "adb remount" before the ADB push etc.. so that you can write to that location.. it might solve some of the issues people report with it saying file is read only..

oops - yeah i did that first :D

Guest Higgsy

Possible bug

While using the device - no specific app, the lock screen keeps flashing up, have reverted to original framework.jar and surfaceflinger_client.lib and issue is gone.

Guest Cwmdu86

Applied fixes and checked with Acceleration Sensor (I think that's what it's called).

All seemed good until I had FCs with Tweetdeck and My Fake Location. Didn't really try anything else. So put the original 2 files back and rebooted.

Currently reflashing as it wouldn't start up. Stuck at the Booting... screen.

Guest newbe5
Possible bug

While using the device - no specific app, the lock screen keeps flashing up, have reverted to original framework.jar and surfaceflinger_client.lib and issue is gone.

You will lose one of the minor fixes, but you can always try flashing libsurfaceflinger_client.so on its own, and leave your original framework.jar there. Technically it should work, but im not sure the behaviour in some apps as you will lose the small tweaks in the framework. Give it a shot and let me know. I am using both files and not having any crashes, screen locking issues or anything else :/

Also, I havent been working on this much today as I have the flu, and I've been bedbound most of the day, hopefully I'll shake it off soon and have some time to maybe tweak it some more, but I am pretty new to this so it takes me a while to work things out :D

newbe5

Guest newbe5
hey newbe5,

Did you decompile the framework.jar to smali? Or to java source code? If to java source, could you tell me how to compile the java source back to dex or smali?

Thanks.

Sorry, missed this post earlier, I used apktool to decompile and recompile.

Guest thedicemaster

got it working now.

i used Higgsy's CWmod zip to install it.

unfortunately it doesn't fix the problem with HAWX, but it does fix the high-res-mod for gallery3D

newbe5

Thanks for the fix, working well with the new Gallery app.... still does not help with my game playing though :D

Edited by ptbw

Guest newbe5
newbe5

Thanks for the fix, working well with the new Gallery app.... still does not help with my game playing though :D

Why is it not helping for games? Not sensitive enough?

Guest thedicemaster

found an unfortunate problem with this fix: i can no longer properly use my mouse.

i can only use 2/3 of the screen, and i need to hold my mouse sideways.

Guest newbe5
found an unfortunate problem with this fix: i can no longer properly use my mouse.

i can only use 2/3 of the screen, and i need to hold my mouse sideways.

Ah yes, didnt think about that... Not sure theres much that can be done because of the way the patch works. I will look in to it though!

Guest inberno

Hi

I have the Vega the last 4 days and I have been reading the forum since then.

I have 1.06.5 with MCR 6 perfomance pack, and I push the files of zip with the adb metod. No problems but the rotation no works. Download Acceleration Sensor App and my accelerometer does not work. Is a software problem or a hardware problem?

EDIT:

The fix work fine!!!!

My accelorometer was blocked by the Hard Lock button. I thought was the key lock button....

Edited by inberno