[ROM] Metalounay 1.3 Acerless (15/04/2011)

Guest vache

I am getting Liquid Metal in few weeks. I have one question: is Acer planning to upgrade liquid metal to android 2.3 or upcoming 2.4? And could someone do fully working cm7 for liquid metal?

Edited by uapo7

I am getting Liquid Metal in few weeks. I have one question: is Acer planning to upgrade liquid metal to android 2.3 or upcoming 2.4? And could someone do fully working cm7 for liquid metal?

Yes, Acer should release a GingerBread update in end of March

Guest andryandrew

Ok, i've finally found the root of wifi problems. The issue is in the wpa-supplicant.conf file stored in the folder /system/etc/wifi/

Changing the line "ap_scan=1" to "ap_scan=0" makes wpa_supplicant use the proprietary drivers also for scanning operations, and this (for me) improved the signal a lot, about 15-20 dB (used wifi analyzer for noise measurement).

Now all the problems are gone and the wifi works just like it did with the stock rom

Guest vache
Ok, i've finally found the root of wifi problems. The issue is in the wpa-supplicant.conf file stored in the folder /system/etc/wifi/

Changing the line "ap_scan=1" to "ap_scan=0" makes wpa_supplicant use the proprietary drivers also for scanning operations, and this (for me) improved the signal a lot, about 15-20 dB (used wifi analyzer for noise measurement).

Now all the problems are gone and the wifi works just like it did with the stock rom

Thx for the tip.

Btw, I didn't change this value, this is the same as stock rom.

Guest mrtimexp

i've the same problem whit my wifi...... but I can not change the file .... how do you '?

please help me ...is very important!!!!

Edited by mrtimexp

Guest cyrusbyte

I have had issues with the "active noise cancellation" being to active. At times it cancels out some of what im saying.. usually just a split second at the beginning and end of some words. Also if i hold the mic more than a inch away from my mouth it drastically gets worse.

is there a way to disable or adjust this on the liquid metal with the Metalounay 1.2 rom? i have found lots of ways to disable it on other phones but the metal doesn't seem to have the same settings as the others..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vache

Since changelog is really ridiculous on the last update, 1.100.24, i'll not update the rom now.

I'll wait for a bigger update with real changes.

Guest vache
So next metalounary will be gingerbread? :-)

I hope that they release a little update because they're working on something bigger.

Wait & See :D

Guest harylauw
I hope that they release a little update because they're working on something bigger.

Wait & See :D

Nice :-)

i hope they release gingerbread like you said,onb the end of this month:-)

Guest MisfitGeek

Hi Vache,

Just to say your rom works great. I'm waiting for next update...

About SetCPU

I try to find how using SetCPU, but nothing came. Where can I find reight settings for our metal? My goal is more on long life battery, not on perf.

It seems Metalounay came with 1.5, but now SetCPU is updated since long (2.1). I'll update from XDA, but could it could be great to include last version on next update.

Sur la température batterie, il indique zéro. Souci de version?

Acer IU

My former toy was a Liquid under LCR, and "LCR setting" is a great tool, do you plan to include such app?

By this app we could reuse part of ACER IU (I love the dialer, also lock screen was fine).

Guest vache
Hi Vache,

Just to say your rom works great. I'm waiting for next update...

About SetCPU

I try to find how using SetCPU, but nothing came. Where can I find reight settings for our metal? My goal is more on long life battery, not on perf.

It seems Metalounay came with 1.5, but now SetCPU is updated since long (2.1). I'll update from XDA, but could it could be great to include last version on next update.

Sur la température batterie, il indique zéro. Souci de version?

Acer IU

My former toy was a Liquid under LCR, and "LCR setting" is a great tool, do you plan to include such app?

By this app we could reuse part of ACER IU (I love the dialer, also lock screen was fine).

You have to update SetCPU manually, i should not provide it in this ROM, that's why it's an old version (but working).

If you want Acer UI, u should use one of this ROM :

t&l or Dmd

Guest spulon
WiFi is working, what's wrong ?

for me, when enable it, start scanning, then disable it :D

Tried with scan_ap=0 & 1, did the same...

Edited by spulon