[ROM] Metalounay 1.3 Acerless (15/04/2011)

Guest vache

Guest vache
Why useless?

In standby doesn't it consume lesser battery?

This frequency is too low, unless you force 128Mhz with SetCPU for exemple, it will run at 245 or 386 (ondemand).

If it's not too much work..? Would be great to have 245-1000Mhz on demand without SetCPU :D

PS: I already tried the Kernel from davidevinabil, but after standby my SD card won't be regognized anymore :( With yours its working...

No it's not too much work, actually it's ondemand with 245-806, it's just a value to change :(

Guest MisfitGeek
I'm using it on 1.100.24 since 3 days without issues.

But does this update bring some betterments?

How about upgrade procedure? Flash 1.100.24 + reflash Metalounay?

This kernel doesn't support 130Mhz cause it's useless. I can make an other boot that will apply 1Ghz at boot (it force 800Mhz actually)

But can't these parameters been adjustable by a script?

Lower @ 122 or 245...

Higher @ 800 or 1000...

As written few posts before (big day today for this topic), I'm testing the 122 OC kernel, seems good for battery, but I need more time to confirm.

Guest vache

There's nothing interesting in the system, but i like to have latest baseband.

Flashing 1.100.24 and Metalounay is okay.

It's already done with a script.

Guest astuermer
This frequency is too low, unless you force 128Mhz with SetCPU for exemple, it will run at 245 or 386 (ondemand).

No it's not too much work, actually it's ondemand with 245-806, it's just a value to change :D

I think, every additional software which forces the phone to do other than it should is some kind of "bottleneck".

So it would be great to have an additional flashable Kernel with 245-1000 Mhz :(

Thanks!!

Guest davidevinavil

Lower @ 122 or 245...

Higher @ 800 or 1000...

As written few posts before (big day today for this topic), I'm testing the 122 OC kernel, seems good for battery, but I need more time to confirm.

I think my kernel has less battery drain because I've used minor vcpu..

Vache could confirm that or not because sometimes ago i send him a pm with acpuclock :D

But I know also Vache's kernel is most stable than mine..

And I don't know why :/

Guest astuermer

Vache could confirm that or not because sometimes ago i send him a pm with acpuclock :D

A mix of both would be the best :(

Stable + less battery drain.

Guest vache

My kernel is already undervolt too, but maybe less, and not for all frequencies.

Guest vache
@Vache

When i look in setcpu and doing nothing frequency goes always to 123 Mhz

If you use a monitoring tool, i'm not sure it will always run @123Mhz when screen off.

Guest MisfitGeek

Is it "powertop" script?

I can't find any doc about this one. Could you tell what this one is doing? Or if not this one, where we can get it.

Guest MisfitGeek
If you use a monitoring tool, i'm not sure it will always run @123Mhz when screen off.

Sure that for many occasions the phone needs more power, but when I had a Nokia I was using such monitoring tool (officla one) and peaks where only fews times each minute or even less. When leaving phone on homescreen I can see many times 122 on SetCPU widget (with fix wallpaper - animated WP gives 245 minimum).

Edited by MisfitGeek

Guest MisfitGeek

One question totally out of the CPU discussion... It seems that switching previous / next song doesn't work for me. I'm sure to test it before metalounay. I checked, it's enabled in settings, but simply not working. I tested with A-cubed, Winamp and geniune player.

Guest vache
One question totally out of the CPU discussion... It seems that switching previous / next song doesn't work for me. I'm sure to test it before metalounay. I checked, it's enabled in settings, but simply not working. I tested with A-cubed, Winamp and geniune player.

Works for me with native player and NemoPlayer, never try with other players.

Guest davidevinavil
A mix of both would be the best :D

Stable + less battery drain.

To me my kernel has issue only on boot phase.. But when is booted it work very well.

This is only my personal opinion :/

To change minimum frequency you must edit a file in ramdisk.. I'm not at home and I don't remember which file..

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest astuermer
To me my kernel has issue only on boot phase.. But when is booted it work very well.

This is only my personal opinion :/

To change minimum frequency you must change a file in ramdisk.. I'm not at home and I don't remember which file..

What issue in boot phase?

Only thing which troubled me... the missing SD after sleep mode :D

Everything else just fine, great work!

Guest harylauw
There's nothing interesting in the system, but i like to have latest baseband.

Flashing 1.100.24 and Metalounay is okay.

i want to ask Vache

1. so frequency lower than 130mhz wont make any less battery consumption?

2. can you tell me what makes 1.100.24 baseband better than 1.100.16 ? thank you Vache :D

3. so after installing metalounary, i can delete setcpu. cpu still will go from 245~806mhz? is it can be set from setcpu or am i must have setcpu? :(

4. i have class 6 microSD card(it's quite hard to find class 10 in my place), will it have a speed impact if i use it with a2sd?

Edited by harylauw

Guest vache
i want to ask Vache

1. so frequency lower than 130mhz wont make any less battery consumption?

2. can you tell me what makes 1.100.24 baseband better than 1.100.16 ? thank you Vache :D

3. so after installing metalounary, i can delete setcpu. cpu still will go from 245~806mhz? is it can be set from setcpu or am i must have setcpu? :(

4. i have class 6 microSD card(it's quite hard to find class 10 in my place), will it have a speed impact if i use it with a2sd?

1. It can, if the phone runs really 130Mhz, but i have doubt.

2. Dunno, we don't have a complet changelog, but like i said, i like to be up to date.

3. You can delete SetCPU yes, it will force 245-806 at boot, or 245-998 if you chose the alternative boot.

4. Class 6 is a good choice, performance are enought for a2sd.

Thank you very much !:(

You're welcome :D

Guest harylauw
1. It can, if the phone runs really 130Mhz, but i have doubt.

2. Dunno, we don't have a complet changelog, but like i said, i like to be up to date.

3. You can delete SetCPU yes, it will force 245-806 at boot, or 245-998 if you chose the alternative boot.

4. Class 6 is a good choice, performance are enought for a2sd.

You're welcome :D

1. will you make kernel that runs on speed around there with re-optimized undervolt? maybe it will have a nice battery consumption :D

2. still waiting for gingerbread + new metalounary :(

3. okay its interesting :(

4. will it have a performance impact to my phone? i ever saw it only have around 90mbs..can't it be larger? or i have missed some steps? thank you

Guest vache
1. will you make kernel that runs on speed around there with re-optimized undervolt? maybe it will have a nice battery consumption :D

2. still waiting for gingerbread + new metalounary :(

3. okay its interesting :(

4. will it have a performance impact to my phone? i ever saw it only have around 90mbs..can't it be larger? or i have missed some steps? thank you

1. No.

2. Me too :D

3. /

4. No.

Guest vache
so what's the point of a2sd if i can't reach bigger apps partition, i confused with this one

You can chose the partition size, good size is 512Mo.