[ROM] Metalounay 1.3 Acerless (15/04/2011)

Guest vache

Guest davidevinavil

Hi vache can you make an update with acer lockscreen?

I saw on your twitter that you are able to run A5 leak on your liquid metal..

I understand right?!

Can i flash that leak on my metal with acer tool?

Thank a lot for your beautiful work ;) ;)

Edited by davidevinavil

I've just installed this wonderful rom, flashing 100.16 and then flashing Metalounary 1.2 via AmonRA 1.0. I have an issue with the wifi: the signal is very bad comparing with the stock rom. I've tried re-flashing the stock and got full signal. But when installing this metalounary again it drops down again. There's a way to solve it? Maybe the kernel included in Metalounary has a worse driver?

Drivers are the same, still using the one provided by Acer, and nothing was modify about WiFi in the kernel.

Did you check the signal with an application, or did you look at the icon on notfication bar ?

Hi vache can you make an update with acer lockscreen?

I saw on your twitter that you are able to run A5 leak on your liquid metal..

I understand right?!

Can i flash that leak on my metal with acer tool?

Thank a lot for your beautiful work :P :D

This ROM is Acerless, so for now, no Acer UI.

You should not flash a bin from an other device with Acer Tools, you will have a nice brick Metal.

Guest andryandrew

Simply the range of the connection is significantly reduced (the connection hangs out about ten meters far from the router). But maybe the problem is my router...with the stock rom it works normally though.

Edited by andryandrew

just the kernel.like
http://www.acer-android.fr/5ghz-swap-ext2-t1974.html

The kernel is the quite the same as the one in the link, just added app2sd support.

Is this Kernel different than the one tom_sad uses in his rom?

1.5 GHz kernel with 43FPS limit

I supposed he's using mine, taked from Metalounay. Better to ask him :P

Guest harylauw
The kernel is the quite the same as the one in the link, just added app2sd support.

how about FPS limit? thank you :P

when do you expect gingerbread leak will come to metal?

Guest athanaso77
Wi-Fi don't works for me!!! i have flashed the last metalounay...1.2

any solutions?

Have you done any wipe after flashing? If yes that is the problem. Flash first official 1.100.16 bin, do wipe all, flash metalounay 1.2 and you are ready!

Installed this firmware fine and it worked great....expect the adw launcher always crashes on me - did in the last firmware too. I don't like the stock version so tweaked it a bit....dunno if that had something to do with it. Anyway today....I unlocked my phone and saw it had froze - no dock menu and I couldn't navigate to anything....so after being frustrated with this several times I decided to remove it. I used AppAdmin to remove it as it is a system app, thinking it would revert to the standard android UI....however my phone wouldn't boot into the home screen...just sat there at the Android logo flashing.

Got into recovery, re-flashed and works again...but still have this launcher I dislike.

Anyone know how I can remove it without semi-bricking my phone?

Cheers

p.s. now gonna try installing a new launcher then remove adw and see if it still bricks...a fun night ahead lol

Edited by DaveGT

Installed this firmware fine and it worked great....expect the adw launcher always crashes on me - did in the last firmware too. I don't like the stock version so tweaked it a bit....dunno if that had something to do with it. Anyway today....I unlocked my phone and saw it had froze - no dock menu and I couldn't navigate to anything....so after being frustrated with this several times I decided to remove it. I used AppAdmin to remove it as it is a system app, thinking it would revert to the standard android UI....however my phone wouldn't boot into the home screen...just sat there at the Android logo flashing.

Got into recovery, re-flashed and works again...but still have this launcher I dislike.

Anyone know how I can remove it without semi-bricking my phone?

Cheers

p.s. now gonna try installing a new launcher then remove adw and see if it still bricks...a fun night ahead lol

Ok so I downloaded launcher pro and used home switch to launch it and set as default....then used appadmin to remove adw and rebooted phone - has came back fine so think problem solved.

Edited by DaveGT

And how can we do that?

By changing :

pinfo->lcd.vsync_enable = TRUE; to pinfo->lcd.vsync_enable = FALSE;

&

pinfo->lcd.hw_vsync_mode = TRUE; to pinfo->lcd.hw_vsync_mode = FALSE;

in $/drivers/video/msm/mddi_auo_wvga.c in kernel sources.

Edited by vache

Guest robincc

Have you ADW launcher in this new rom as well? I do not like it so much, I think it would be better with a clean Gingerbread theme and just mass performer improvement and weight loss.

I was going to try one of Vache or tom_sad rum soon but idont know which one is best :P