Galaxy Tab Email Client Beta 2

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest BrumBrum74

stoney1973: Clear data under Manage applications fixed it for me.

Stephen: No problem to add a pop email. But new messages wont show up in Inbox even though you get notification of new email.

Guest Stephen Hyde

ill have a better look for pop, and notifications DO WORK their just not enabled by default, go to account manager and press on gmail account then scroll down :D

Guest 323spoon
notifications DO WORK their just not enabled by default, go to account manager and press on gmail account then scroll down :D

i do apologise... still half asleep, not been up long :P

Guest stoney1973

Stephen: No problem to add a pop email. But new messages wont show up in Inbox even though you get notification of new email.

Thanks matey, much appreciated. it worked a treat. its loaded up the gmail stuff chop chop. doesnt seem to want to load up the hotmail emails.

Guest zeiger
ok folks new version beta 2 is up, link is same as first build except zip actually works now :D, ill update the post in a moment

Stephen, could up update the stock email apk just in case we wanting to revert back. Thanks

Guest MrGPhantome

Does loading this require a root? Cause my Dell Streak stock 2.2 is not rooted (mainly because for some reason I can't get Superoneclick to work)

Guest stoney1973

Ok. So correct me if I'm wrong......the first beta meant you could see your pop emails, but you couldnt refresh. Plus exchange didnt work?

The 2nd beta(current) means you cant access pop3(hotmail.etc). But you can refresh. Plus exchange works?

Finally, this is a great project, something that suits the streak 100%. Thanks for your efforts so far. Much appreciated. Something like this could do very well on the market.

EDIT: just reread my post, its not meant as criticism. Just a recap, and thanks.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest Pceasar
Does loading this require a root? Cause my Dell Streak stock 2.2 is not rooted (mainly because for some reason I can't get Superoneclick to work)

What error did you get with super one click? Not trying to hijack the thread just trying to help.

Edit: when I did it I used a win 7 machine 32 bit machine with adb installed, not really necessary as superOC comes with an adb exe. anyhow the whole process only worked after unmounting or I actually removed my sd card and voila rooted.

Edited by Pceasar

Guest Johnston411

try setting up your hotmail as exchange using m.hotmail.com and then just use your full email address and password.

you should be able to do this for hotmail.com and .co.uk accounts just make sure m.hotmail.com is your server setting.

i use it with the default mail account. just doing a backup then i'll try this one.

cheers steve :D

Guest bhull521

I downloaded the new zip and installed. Cleared data. Emails still won't show up in inbox.

IMAP works fine however. Any ideas for a fix?

Guest Kohawk

zip worked great - much quicker install now :D And i like the messages that pop up before/after it installs, very cool.

- Awesome having the refresh button - love that. This is now my new default email client, as opposed to gmail.

- In the main view (showing emails on left, selected email on right side) you can no longer adjust that bar. I like to make the email thread side smaller. Not a big deal, just a difference between beta 1 and 2

- New email icon?

- Signature by default says sent from Samsung Tablet (saw this mentioned earlier), quick change, no prob.

- Incoming/Outgoing settings no longer FC like it did for me in beta 1

- Waiting 5 min here to test notifications (sync set to every 5 min)... 1st test, after 8 min, no notification. Went into app and it refreshed right away, no notification of the new mail since I was in the app I assume. Test 2 (going to wait 15 min)... Ok, 10 min on the dot, notification icon and sound working. So wonder if the 5 min setting isn't sticking? Not that big of a deal, honestly I'm going to keep it at every 10 min anyway. More just wanted to test the notifications work - which they do :P

EVERYTHING seems to work great - again, awesome work steve. About my build for ref: on 1.5.3, using gmail accnt.

Guest stoney1973
try setting up your hotmail as exchange using m.hotmail.com and then just use your full email address and password.

you should be able to do this for hotmail.com and .co.uk accounts just make sure m.hotmail.com is your server setting.

i use it with the default mail account. just doing a backup then i'll try this one.

cheers steve :D

Thanks, that worked for me. Originally I had just set up hotmail to forward itself to my gmail. but its nice to have it seperate again.

Guest bhull521
I downloaded the new zip and installed. Cleared data. Emails still won't show up in inbox.

IMAP works fine however. Any ideas for a fix?

Maybe I misunderstood a previous post.

Steve are you still working on the pop account issue?

Thanks,

Brian

Guest Edrill

Just loaded the beta 2 on. Looking good. The refresh button is a welcome addition! One thing I'd like to see is the ability to select and delete multiple mails at the same time rather than having to do one email at a time. If it's there, I couldn't find it!

Guest kirkla79

Works great for me so far with gmail and hotmail. Did get a forced close when changing notification sound when using com.htc.app.htcringtonepickeractivity but was able to change with android system option.

Guest stoney1973
Maybe I misunderstood a previous post.

Steve are you still working on the pop account issue?

Thanks,

Brian

Have a look at the solution Johnston posted a couple of posts above. It works.

Guest superutp

I am getting Fc's each time I open the app...

I have added my gmail account...the inbox doesnt load and watever function I try to use ends up in a FC....

is there something I am missing??

EDIT: and now I cant even get the email app open..FC's

Edited by superutp