Galaxy Tab Email Client Beta 2

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest streakuser12

Tried on 2.2 stock 318, works fine with gmail imap, then added a yahoo pop account, fc on opening/selecting the yahoo acc with read and unread messages. Anyone else having such fc.

Edited by streakuser12

Guest streakuser12
Has somebody already tried out the settings for Austria (AON) with pop3-Server?

Unfortunately, does not function!

Thanx stoffy

The first post says pop3 ain't gonna work but somehow I got some mails downloaded but fc on tapping the mails hehe....

second try pop account added but no mail.

Edited by streakuser12

Guest Crinos512
This is a dumb question, but why would I use this over the stock Gmail app?

When held landscape it has the list on the left and the selected email on the right in a split panel view.

Guest Crinos512

I also am having the Connection Error issue connecting to our Exchange2010 SP1 rollup 2 mail server. (I run the IT division over 800+ users)

This even occurs on the stock Android 2.2 email app.

Although... I have Android 2.1 devices that can connect fine.

I had thought that it may be a Exchange configuration issue, but I can connect just fine using the trial of RoadSync, or Touchdown. <weird>

Edited by Crinos512

• 2 weeks later...
Guest extrememonkey
ok folks just finished playing with this for the moment, hows about a galaxy tab email client for the streak :P

few issues in here though at min , they are listed below,

What is working?

Gmail Setup(also through "Other" setup as IMAP")

Gmail mail loaded

Gmail can send mail

Logging working so it keeps track of what has been sent/received

Rotating to portrait works

Notifications

Yahoo and Hotmail(possibly as well as gmail)

Conversation mode

Deleting messages

Switching between folders within mailbox(click on INBOX)

Exchange Email Fixed

Refresh Button Added

Issues

pop email accounts will add but never show emails, use imap instead as this should work.

ill probly play further with this also, and thanks to celljunkie for helping out this little port

link to the update zip: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/tabmail.zip

Is this the same as what can be installed in 1.7??? or is the one in 1.7 updated in anyway???

• 1 month later...
Guest Wee Thomas

I've noticed that the tabmail app is pretty haphazard about checking for new email. Despite me having set an email check frequency for all my accounts.

Some accounts get updated as expected. Others never seem to get updated unless I actually go and check them. And with one account, every once in a while tabmail totally misses an email and it only syncs to the phone days later.

As cool as it is, I may need to go back to Maildroid - I need something a bit more reliable when relying on the phone almost exclusively for notification on new email.

Edited by Wee Thomas

Guest xO Gideon Ox

How do....

Noob here :D Just flashed this (recently went with 1.8.1 from stock) and then just tried this as i kinda liked the email from stage but can't find anything thats anygood.

I first of all got FCs on clicking the refresh button, then i tried looking at the different views, in landscape i accidently hit conversation view, now it FCs when i try to open email application without doing anything.

Cleared cache and dalvik cache, then reflashed the file....fault remains....any suggestions on what i've muppeted up?

**edit**

Well it would have helped if i'd have cleared the email cache too!!! I can get in now....

ok back to testing again hehe

Edited by xO Gideon Ox

Guest xO Gideon Ox
How do....

Noob here :D Just flashed this (recently went with 1.8.1 from stock) and then just tried this as i kinda liked the email from stage but can't find anything thats anygood.

I first of all got FCs on clicking the refresh button, then i tried looking at the different views, in landscape i accidently hit conversation view, now it FCs when i try to open email application without doing anything.

Cleared cache and dalvik cache, then reflashed the file....fault remains....any suggestions on what i've muppeted up?

**edit**

Well it would have helped if i'd have cleared the email cache too!!! I can get in now....

ok back to testing again hehe

Sorry for the double post. One thing i've noticed is the font option in landscape view doesn't appear to do anything. I'd personally think it would be better if we could knock the font size down a bit on the left hand coloumn to make it look a little better on a 5" screen. No other issues found yet during normal use, going to start to fiddle now and see what breaks :D

Great work on this app though, saved my sanity....now if only we could make this layout into a widget too hehe (kinda miss the scrollable mail on the stage ui)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest frankquattrone
Sorry for the double post. One thing i've noticed is the font option in landscape view doesn't appear to do anything. I'd personally think it would be better if we could knock the font size down a bit on the left hand coloumn to make it look a little better on a 5" screen. No other issues found yet during normal use, going to start to fiddle now and see what breaks :D

Great work on this app though, saved my sanity....now if only we could make this layout into a widget too hehe (kinda miss the scrollable mail on the stage ui)

Is there development still going on for Tabmail? I love Tabmail but the text size is a problem. As mentioned above, the settings don't work. I guess I'm getting old but I need the fonts to be bigger so I can read them easily. Also, the original Tabmail on the Tab does pinch to zoom. That would be another great feature to have. Otherwise, Tabmail works great.