StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Crinos512
And what happens when you hit the refresh button? :D

I get a yellow bar saying "connection issue" at the top... same here (old emails/no sync/no notifications)

Fantastic job Steve and everyone else who helped make this possible...

Instructions were simple, install took a minute and everything else is perfect.

Got 1813 on quadrant and the smartass is working as perfectly as I can tell.

Tabmail is perfect and I've got no issues to report.

Can't believe you've already improved it again.. looks like more flashing tomorrow!

Will send you some beer money for the hard work!

Guest spacecat46
Hey Steve what do you think the chances are of getting the HTC headphones working with the streak. So one could play pause etc from the headset?

You can do that with the streak headset. Play, pause, forward and back

Guest chuydavilajr
+1 to reboots-to-black-screen-with-no-boot-animation.

Flash to 1.6, I get dell logo, then it stalls before the boot animation fires off.

Going to re-flash without the bios keyword in the install.cfg and see if that helps.

Edit: still no joy, boots to black screen regardless. Sad. oh well - back to 1.5.3 for me. Thanks for your continued efforts Steve & Beta crew!

Try changing your density choice. I had the same problem when trying to install with us180. It worked when I changed it to us160.

Guest thee-interloper
Same thing happens to me. I cleared the email cash and data and recreated all my exchange accounts. I still only get a couple of messages. None current.

+1 cleared data and cache, can send from tabmail ok but but receiving messages doesn't happen, it goes through the process but nothing visible. Interesting point is that emails on server get marked as read so it looks like their being accessed.

Any ideas folks?

Guest jamezwarner

Anyone else seen this bug?

Load gallery, then enter a folder OTHER than camera. Load one of the images - it briefly displays as the right one, but when the full res version appears it loads the equivilent numbered pic usually from the Camera folder!

James

Anyone else seen this bug?

Load gallery, then enter a folder OTHER than camera. Load one of the images - it briefly displays as the right one, but when the full res version appears it loads the equivilent numbered pic usually from the Camera folder!

James

not seen that one, do you mean you have the same file names in different folders?

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

My install went perfectly. I used the launched pro, tabmail and bios options only. Quadrant gives me 1983 score. I've never gotten over 1600 before.

Please don't burn me in flames for what i'm about to say but I could swear that 1.5.3 was more responcive.

Call me crazy but I notice more delay in this places: launcher pro is slower switching between screns, app drawer the same, but the biggest difference I noticed in astro when browsing through folder with a lot of files.

Again it can be my imagination but I have seen a few other posts mentioning the same thing.

Regardless I still love this version so I'm not going back. Got to go buy a couple of beers for Steven.

Looking forward to see if any others have noticed what I'm describing.

Guest zero410

Upgrade was pretty straight forward and no problems at all.

Upgraded from build 1.5.1 directly to 1.6 with no problems.

Strangely had some odd volume issues before as the loud speaker didnt work, but it seemed to have fixed itself!

On a side note, updating to use the "Battery percent" zip still works, but it recolors the notification bar back to the white, which then the time and all other text are then covered.

Anyway to allow us to pick our notification bar settings?

Great job btw steve!

I'm trying to add the APN back in for o2 pay monthly, but everytime i click save the list stays empty, what's up with that?

Fixed by updating the baseband.

The included music app won't launch either - force closes instantly every time :D - Is there a way to remove it?

Also seems to have gone away now baseband updated.

Selecting user dictionary under keyboard and language setting force closes every time.

Edited by LiamD

Guest LorD CLockaN
Upgrade was pretty straight forward and no problems at all.

Upgraded from build 1.5.1 directly to 1.6 with no problems.

Strangely had some odd volume issues before as the loud speaker didnt work, but it seemed to have fixed itself!

On a side note, updating to use the "Battery percent" zip still works, but it recolors the notification bar back to the white, which then the time and all other text are then covered.

Anyway to allow us to pick our notification bar settings?

Great job btw steve!

Use first or second link from this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...-for-steve-1-6/

Try changing your density choice. I had the same problem when trying to install with us180. It worked when I changed it to us160.

I never tried that... I'll give that a shot too. If it works... thanks a bundle, this blank screen thing has been bugging me for a while.

Try clearing marcket cache

Clear market cache

Thanks

Had clear market cache, but it's can't download :D

Hepl me file Vending.apk for Streak, I'm try re-install

Edited by tmn

Guest PipoXtreme
Brilliant!

The smartass governor works a treat, I can get 1850+ in Quadrant without setting it explicitly to performance now so the new governor must be working fab.

Great job all!

And I love the installer, very nice addition to an already outstanding rom.

Guys where I can find it... Maybe I'm stupid but I don't find it :D