StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest PipoXtreme
@PipoXtreme:

If you just update the rom without factory reset all you apps will remain and settings, at least my adw ex stayed...

thx for your answer - this was it what I like to hear ! :P :D

Guest the_didge
hold streak in portrait before running and keep it that way

Ive been trying that the last few days, only now did i think of switching on the auto rotate.

Only getting a score of 1680 :D

Ive been trying that the last few days, only now did i think of switching on the auto rotate.

Only getting a score of 1680 :D

only?? thats twice the dell stock...

nah the smartass gov'n makes your streak self aware too :D

but not ironic....

Which makes quite a nice 1000th post for me C:

Edited by fards

The volume boost is crazy coming from 1.5.3! Looks like I don't have to use the speaker on a call when the in-call volume is all the way up to maximum!! Lol. And the black taskbar with the green icons is actually much better looking than the earlier transparent bar. So far so good!! Pretty snappy too. I like the noffc option too!

Guest aLpHa K7

So... i've never tried the Gingerbread launcher, just ADW and Launcher Pro

-if i want the option of multiple launchers how would i go about doing that? As easy as not picking a launcher and just snagging it again off the market?

Also - LCD density? are there any advantages over going higher? I just left mine at whatever it was set in with 1.5.3 - I suppose I could experiment with it and figure out what works best for me.

Is there a difference in the us240 and density240? Again, I just went with whatever was in 1.5.3 BUT with language and region settings for the UK

Guest stoney1973

Ok. I have reset, reflashed, reinstalled set cpu. I still dont get the option for smartass. What have I done wrong?setcpu is fully updated. Unkown sources is ticked.?

Guest jnovello
Ok. I have reset, reflashed, reinstalled set cpu. I still dont get the option for smartass. What have I done wrong?setcpu is fully updated. Unkown sources is ticked.?

You'll have to check with Fards on this one, but I have smartass right next to the dumbass option on mine.

Just an observation in case it helps the terminally confused like me.

My sdcard already has a folder called ‘Android’ which will not coexist with another called ‘android’.

I was concerned by the warning in the page 1, 1.1 Installation How To which says “Please ensure that your folders are named with lowercase letters. For some reason, this step may be case-sensitive.”

Nonetheless I followed the instruction and created the folder ’streakdroid’ within ‘Android’ and all flashed perfectly. I figured that at the very least I would get a ‘noapps’ install but TabMail is installed so it must have all taken as configured. I also included the fring ‘noffc’ and this seems ok too.

Thank you yet again Steve. You have achieved another transformation. I really like the install.cfg method too.

what a noticeable speed boost.

Coming from 1.5.3, i was typically achieving the following quadrant scores running 1190core

1st run 1550

2nd run 1800

Now 1.60

1st run 1700

2nd run 1850