StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest suprajargon

ok so i updated to this the first time, and choose the 240 nit to see what it looked like... and it was wayyy too big. so i thought i would go in and change it to 180 nit. so i edited the text file and the reflashed the update file. alas now when i try to boot, i see the dell logo, then it goes away and its just a black backlit screen. any ideas what i should try? was hoping to avoid a complete wipe...

my update file looked like this:

stagegui

noffc

volboost

tabmail

us180

bios

Guest pappyfire

I told my spousal unit the other day that 1.5.3 was so great, I may have to stay there for a long long time. Then Steve comes out with 1.6.0 - guess I was wrong.......

Guest suprajargon
Dont use volboost it seems to have issues at min. Am lookin at it

how do i edit the install.cfg when i cant boot to the homescreen to turn on the usb... can i use fastboot or clockwork recovery to some how to get into the microsd card?

how do i edit the install.cfg when i cant boot to the homescreen to turn on the usb... can i use fastboot or clockwork recovery to some how to get into the microsd card?

clockwork you can mount the sdcard normally on your pc

Guest BigBlue007

Alternatively, it is of course also possible to remove the micro SD card from the device and use it (using a appropriate adaptor) in a cardreader on a computer. :D

One other question: Can it be that the GB launcher only works in landscape but not in portrait mode?

Guest suprajargon
clockwork you can mount the sdcard normally on your pc

so i boot into clockwork, how do i then mount the SD card to my pc? I hear the computer make the noise like something is connected, but im unable to view the sd card (im running windows 7 ultimate)

unfortunately i only have an SD card reader and not a microsd card reader...

should i just do a factory reset?

Guest Oreynid

How long should it take to boot after doing a factory recovery? I chose factory restore from streakrecovery and then flashed 1.6, and I've been waiting around a good 15 now. Perhaps I should apply my nandroid backup and use factory restore from within the os?

Guest TheSacredSoul

I still dont understand the Smartass governer... I was using 245min and 1190max with the conservative governer with profiles for Charging/Screen Off/ Temp >50 and >30/ Battery <30% and <80%. If I use the smartass governer instead of the conversative, doest that mean I dont need my profiles anymore?

Guest stoney1973

everything sorted now, email working again with push, smartass governor available in setcpu. and fast as (excuse the french)badword.

ended up doing factory reset, then flashing as a normal update.zip. then adding the tab email afterwards with root explorer. Then I forgot whether to use a forward slash or backslash in the email settings. GRR!

Anyways, all is good. Thanks Steve and Fards, a very very nice speedy little rom.

Guest bhull521
smartass governor??

NICE!!!

@fards:

do we still need that setcpu profile that runs all the time if temp is >0C ??

Or I can finaly delete that profile??

edit:

don't know why, but everything is snappier than a snaper in Gothic :D

fast as hell....

I stopped using setcpu 2 builds ago. I still get 1300's Quadrant :P

Guest rockymtnbri
Just put a new folder inside that one named streakdroid

I did - it's not working. Steve mentioned that case could be a problem - my folder is named 'Android'. His build specifically shows that his folder is named 'android' with a lower-case 'a'.

Guest wrightc88
everything sorted now, email working again with push, smartass governor available in setcpu. and fast as (excuse the french)badword.

ended up doing factory reset, then flashing as a normal update.zip. then adding the tab email afterwards with root explorer. Then I forgot whether to use a forward slash or backslash in the email settings. GRR!

Anyways, all is good. Thanks Steve and Fards, a very very nice speedy little rom.

Did the governor option show up automatically for you? I don't know if a re-install of SetCPU would help.

Guest rockymtnbri
If you can't change the case using file explorer or astro etc. Connect to your PC and enable USB storage, you can edit the folder (f2) to make it lower case. ;-)

Thanks - that's what I needed!

Guest stoney1973
Did the governor option show up automatically for you? I don't know if a re-install of SetCPU would help.

Yeah, but only after I reset and reflashed as a normal update, without the cfg file.all's good that ends well:)

Guest Crinos512
get it at xda... it's free to download there

just google it. latest is 2.04

I have SetCPU 2.1.0 but no 'Smartass' scaling option...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419

I also noticed that the Streak_Radio.apk is the earlier version, not the 'final' that has the 5 preset channels... (both have the same version number)

So, it looks like there isn't anything new here that I can't manually install myself, right?

Digging the customizable flashing procedure, will definitely speed things up the next time I flash.