StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest MrTheKLine

Does the volume boost even work I dident notace a diffrance loudspeaker or headphones

Ps. What cpu tuneing app do you use

Edited by MrTheKLine

Guest alert_bri
Does the volume boost even work I dident notace a diffrance loudspeaker or headphones

Ps. What cpu tuneing app do you use

I don't think it does, and if I have to re-flash 1.6.1 I won't be using that option... Just to see whether it makes a positive difference.

Generally speaking, I think 1.6.0 was a bit more stable but remember 1.6.1 gave a big boost in performance both in speed and battery life.

Looking forward to whatever Stephen has cooking next.

Cheers

Brian

Hey, I'm using 1.6.1, and it's mostly pretty great, but I'm having some problems with corrupted data files (I think). A couple of programs are FCing a lot and I can't clear their data. Is there any way to do it manually? No essential apps are having this problem, but I do have to accept the license agreement every time I open the market and have to sign in to feint manually every time.

Guest finalmoksha
Hey, I'm using 1.6.1, and it's mostly pretty great, but I'm having some problems with corrupted data files (I think). A couple of programs are FCing a lot and I can't clear their data. Is there any way to do it manually? No essential apps are having this problem, but I do have to accept the license agreement every time I open the market and have to sign in to feint manually every time.

I'm having to sign into market every time too. But really its not a biggie.

No other problems whatsoever. Loving the speed and the battery life on 1.6.1.

Cheers

Does anybody have any luck establishing a connection using TeamViewer? Always getting FC when connecting to a remote machine.

Worked great on earlier builds. But I am not sure if I am getting FCs because of 1.6.1 or because I am using a newer version of TeamViewer.

Other than that, best ROM ever. If it hadn't been for Steve, I would have sold the Streak a long time ago...

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
Did you put perfmod in your install.txt - if you did then you disabled the perfmod, which is why you are getting 750

No just checked. Perfmod is not in my install.txt

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
I don't think it does, and if I have to re-flash 1.6.1 I won't be using that option... Just to see whether it makes a positive difference.

Generally speaking, I think 1.6.0 was a bit more stable but remember 1.6.1 gave a big boost in performance both in speed and battery life.

Looking forward to whatever Stephen has cooking next.

Cheers

Brian

I think it makes a difference in the speakerphone. Before this when I talked through speakerphone no one could hear me. Now everybody says they can hear me fine.

How many times does it have to be said... DON'T FACTORY RESET UNLESS YOU ARE ON 1.5.1 OR LOWER!!!

Have you done a factory reset prior of flashing 1.6.1?

Maybe that would help

Edited by XsCode

Guest Mark ......
<snip> A couple of programs are FCing a lot and I can't clear their data. Is there any way to do it manually? No essential apps are having this problem,

You could try Titanium Backup, there is a "wipe data" button when you click on an app. I use Titanium to get rid of those annoying apps like Facebook! (rather than other methods)

Guest TheOriginalGiga

I've been getting a couple odd things happening to me.

1) phone will randomly disconnect while in a phone call (usually a couple min into the call) and it seems like the phone has to re-associate with my network before I or anyone can establish a connection to or from the phone (no antennas are on other than my cell antenna)

2) This happens very rarely but the phone will slow down so badly I have to pull the battery. I mean so slow it takes the phone a while to respond to even hard button pushes. It seems to queue up the buttons pressed but it's like 40sec to a min between each execution.

Apps running besides standard core things are Advanced task killer, setcpu, swiftkey, superuser, juicedefender, and my weather app. Differences in running aps from last build (didn't have these issues) are setcpu and juicedefender.

Also I do a full data wipe every time a new version is installed. I restore my apps by going through the market and downloading them.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest tjagolf33
Hey Steve,

I'm LOVING this build but there's one gamebreaker for me. I'm going to donate $5 USD so if you could please figure out a way to fix this it would be awesome! Basically, there's this app called Video Live Wallpaper (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804720) that worked with all of your builds prior to 1.6.0. What it does is allow you to turn any video into a live wallpaper for your phone, which is friggin awesome. However, in both 1.6.0 and 1.6.1, it continuously force closes when you view it in the wallpaper selector, set it to your background, or otherwise try and run the app. My install.txt is:

launcherpro

tabmail

us160

volboost

If you know of any way to get this working I'd be really appreciative, as it's my absolute favorite UI app for the Streak.

Thanks,

-Trevor

bug report :

I use size 200

In this size i find that menu only show icons and no text is visible...

However with size of 180 or less no such issue is seen

Sorry for the crappy image .

Please look at the bottom of the picture , were the menu is. THere is no associated text

post-302330-1296531306_thumb.jpg

Guest AndroidClone

speaking of lcd density how do you change it once you selected by mistake and built the install. Do I have to reinstall>? or can I use a third party app without corrupting the os

I've been getting a couple odd things happening to me.

1) phone will randomly disconnect while in a phone call (usually a couple min into the call) and it seems like the phone has to re-associate with my network before I or anyone can establish a connection to or from the phone (no antennas are on other than my cell antenna)

2) This happens very rarely but the phone will slow down so badly I have to pull the battery. I mean so slow it takes the phone a while to respond to even hard button pushes. It seems to queue up the buttons pressed but it's like 40sec to a min between each execution.

Apps running besides standard core things are Advanced task killer, setcpu, swiftkey, superuser, juicedefender, and my weather app. Differences in running aps from last build (didn't have these issues) are setcpu and juicedefender.

Also I do a full data wipe every time a new version is installed. I restore my apps by going through the market and downloading them.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

+1 on both counts...I've reflashed 161 many times now and it seems to be better. Still getting FC though AFTER every call.

speaking of lcd density how do you change it once you selected by mistake and built the install. Do I have to reinstall>? or can I use a third party app without corrupting the os

Edit build.prop search the forum if you don't know how